Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Skyjack in infinite, but what about....

OP Spartan J Wick

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
What if my teammate was flying a banshee and I grappled it so I could hang on and my teammate carry me over to the enemy base where I could drop in from above? Is that allowed? Or should it be? Thoughts?
That's a good question about the mechanics of the grapple shot. Can you hold on to something indefinitely? Or will it automatically disengage when you reach the target?

If the former, yeah you totally could and it would be an awesome play if it works out, but it usually will just get you killed lol.

If it's the latter how long you'll be able to hold on will depend on the range of the grapple shot. It will probably be pretty limited, so I wouldn't expect to be able to hold on for more than a couple of seconds. The momentum should be able to carry you a solid distance though, just gotta hope there isn't severe fall damage or you don't accidentally splatter yourself on the Banshee lol.
Fos Kuvol wrote:
That's a good question about the mechanics of the grapple shot. Can you hold on to something indefinitely? Or will it automatically disengage when you reach the target?

If the former, yeah you totally could and it would be an awesome play if it works out, but it usually will just get you killed lol.

If it's the latter how long you'll be able to hold on will depend on the range of the grapple shot. It will probably be pretty limited, so I wouldn't expect to be able to hold on for more than a couple of seconds. The momentum should be able to carry you a solid distance though, just gotta hope there isn't severe fall damage or you don't accidentally splatter yourself on the Banshee lol.
To either one, would it add the momentum of the vehicle to the momentum of your character? If you disengage right before hitting it would you be launched?
the thing i have been thinking is can you pull a grunt to you and toss it off the map.

I will be extremely disappointed if I grapple shot a grunt, and somehow get pulled toward it. There is no way a grunt weighs more than a spartan >.>
the thing i have been thinking is can you pull a grunt to you and toss it off the map. I will be extremely disappointed if I grapple shot a grunt, and somehow get pulled toward it. There is no way a grunt weighs more than a spartan >.>
I can't disagree with you, all of these things need answered or implemented correctly in the least.
I will save every sniper bullets for that.
I also like to have a anti grappling hook gun.
the thing i have been thinking is can you pull a grunt to you and toss it off the map. I will be extremely disappointed if I grapple shot a grunt, and somehow get pulled toward it. There is no way a grunt weighs more than a spartan >.>
Unfortunately it's confirmed that you will go to the grunt. Unless the changed their mind since the august, which I also hope
Spam8358 wrote:
Unfortunately it's confirmed that you will go to the grunt. Unless the changed their mind since the august, which I also hope
Lol Really?

MMA - Spartan VS Grunt:

Spartan: 2.000KG
Grunt: Over 9.000KG
Spam8358 wrote:
Thats propably because grapple goes through the grunt in the ground, and heck they didnt confirm anything about this.
What if my teammate was flying a banshee and I grappled it so I could hang on and my teammate carry me over to the enemy base where I could drop in from above? Is that allowed? Or should it be? Thoughts?
Maybe grapple has a cooldown and you fall to the ground and, die?
Spam8358 wrote:
Thats propably because grapple goes through the grunt in the ground, and heck they didnt confirm anything about this.
In that case the enemies you grapple would just die?
They did confirm it I assure you. I really can't remember where, but people asked after the demo. I think maybe in the content creators q&a with 343 idk. Firstly they just said that equipment comes to player, and player goes to enemies and surrounding. But someone literally asked what happens if you grapple a flying grunt, and the answer was, technically you'll go to the Grunt.
The grappleshot doesn't seem to conserve momentum properly, otherwise when you grapple a Brute or an Elite you would meet somewhere in the middle of the way, instead of being propelled to the enemy as if they were fixed objects, like the trailer shows.

I think 343 decides case by case: when you grapple an Elite, you go towards it; when you grapple an item it comes to you.
Spam8358 wrote:
...really? Where is this confirmed.

Why in the world would they do this or think its fun? A grunt cannot weigh as much as the chief. By this logic we should be able to grapple to virtually anything lightweight and pull ourselves to it lol. Makes no sense how a grunt can anchor a megaton suit of armor.
But you will be no match for my anti-anti-grappling hook gun.
Spam8358 wrote:
...really? Where is this confirmed.

Why in the world would they do this or think its fun? A grunt cannot weigh as much as the chief. By this logic we should be able to grapple to virtually anything lightweight and pull ourselves to it lol. Makes no sense how a grunt can anchor a megaton suit of armor.
In the Q&A between content creators and 343 right after the gameplay reveal in Juni.
HaloFollower asked: ”what happens when you grapple a suicide grunt that’s being thrown towards you?”
343: “You will launch towards the grunt”.

Yeah I agree it's really silly
Darwi wrote:
But you will be no match for my anti-anti-grappling hook gun.
I think there will be perks to buff my anti grappling hook gun so it will once again be superior to your anti anti grappling hook gun.
Thou grappling hook shall not prevail!
But what about the droid attack on the wookies?
But what about the droid attack on the wookies?
Send an anti-anti-anti-anti grappling hook gun, we will.
That sounds amazing, gotta try that once the game's out in 2023.
In an interview with Quinn Delhoyo, he confirmed grappling onto banshees was possible which is awesome sounding. Makes banshees have to rethink splattering someone if they know the grapple shot is on the map they are playing on. Now a teammate hanging onto a banshee? That to me sounds like it would be way cool if implemented well. I have so many positive memories of having a buddy jump onto my falcon in reach while playing invasion in Halo Reach. I would love to see the grapple shot allow fun objective teamplay by locking onto teammates vehicles.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2