Skyjack in infinite, but what about....

OP Spartan J Wick

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Spam8358 wrote:
Spam8358 wrote:
the thing i have been thinking is can you pull a grunt to you and toss it off the map. I will be extremely disappointed if I grapple shot a grunt, and somehow get pulled toward it. There is no way a grunt weighs more than a spartan >.>
Unfortunately it's confirmed that you will go to the grunt. Unless the changed their mind since the august, which I also hope
...really? Where is this confirmed.

Why in the world would they do this or think its fun? A grunt cannot weigh as much as the chief. By this logic we should be able to grapple to virtually anything lightweight and pull ourselves to it lol. Makes no sense how a grunt can anchor a megaton suit of armor.
In the Q&A between content creators and 343 right after the gameplay reveal in Juni.
HaloFollower asked: ”what happens when you grapple a suicide grunt that’s being thrown towards you?”
343: “You will launch towards the grunt”.

Yeah I agree it's really silly
This is a serious fail. They could have just let us have a fun high risk low reward moment by letting us literally pull grunts to our grasp to melee toss at an enemy. It would be so fun and interactive especially on lower difficulties, instead we get this literally impossible scenario where a multi ton spartan armor is magically pulled by a grunt who is suddenly heavy enough to be an anchor.

I cant accept that its "too difficult" to code the grunt's response to being grappled different from the heavier enemies. You should absolutely be able to pull grunts and jackals to you and yeet them off the map or back at larger banished. Just on paper this sounds amazing and its going to look really stupid when people grapple themselves toward grunts. especially with how janky the animation looks in first person when you pull yourself toward something.
I'm wondering if you can grapple out of the passenger seat of a warthog.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2