Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Smurf accounts

OP tiltasaurus

<p>I hope in H6 the company addresses smurf accounts that seem to be proliferating in H5. I think level attainment should based on your k/d alone. Even if an onxy creates a new account, their above average k/d should start ranking them up immediately. My search preference is focused and I constantly run into ex: a level 8 player that has 25 kills, 8 assists, 7 deaths. Really? I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but If been playing long enough to know a smurf account when I see it. Thanks.
Just using K/D isn't really that accurate considering a gold player could do well against a bunch of bronze players and get a good ratio, but you would think that person is an onyx player just looking at their K/D. The current system can already detect someone's actual skill level within a few games and it uses more factors which ranks people more accurately. You're also not going to avoid smurf accounts because their very first game will always be a roll of the dice with who they match with.
<p>I hope in H6 the company addresses smurf accounts that seem to be proliferating in H5. I think level attainment should based on your k/d alone. Even if an onxy creates a new account, their above average k/d should start ranking them up immediately. My search preference is focused and I constantly run into ex: a level 8 player that has 25 kills, 8 assists, 7 deaths. Really? I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but If been playing long enough to know a smurf account when I see it. Thanks.
Would you want them to use an MMR system like they used in Halo 3?
The only way to limit smurf accounts is if Microsoft limit the amount of accounts a console can have. However, if Halo Infinite is also on PC and I believe it will be, that will make it worse. I see no end to this, but I'm sure they'll be ranked appropriately after a few games.
There is also an alternative. New accounts have to play a minimum required time before they can join ranked. Doesn't necessary matter if a main account or "smurf" account is playing social, campaign, forging, custom games, WARZONE, firefight, spartan ops etc.
Syxnrgy wrote:
There is also an alternative. New accounts have to play a minimum required time before they can join ranked. Doesn't necessary matter if a main account or "smurf" account is playing social, campaign, forging, custom games, WARZONE, firefight, spartan ops etc.
On this note, this ruling should go in-effect after the first year of release, basically when the first wave of population drop offs happen and the smurfing usually surfaces more.
The only reason there is smurfers is bc of the H5 ranking system. Change the ranking system and smurfers will fade.