Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

[Locked] So Battle Royal...

OP SirScoundrel

For me, I see this as beneficial to Halo depending on how it's implemented...
Either
A: H5 - Warzone where it's entirely separate and unable to be played in Customs (Unless the community breaks the game to get it into customs)
B: As Gametype and Forge Tools
If option B this could benefit the game as a Whole such as:
  • 100 Player Custom Games: Imagine 100 Player Infection or 50v50 Warzone (I Have a rework of Warzone that I'm still writing things down on that)
  • Battle Royal Spawns for other Gamemodes: Invasion/Warzone Assault with ODST/Pelican Drop Starting Spawns, idk about you but that sounds awesome
  • Battle Royal Inventory for other Gamemodes: Inventory for Infection, RP, Puzzles, etc
  • "Loot" Forge Objects: Infection Maps and Mini Games can make use of it.
  • Moving Safe Zone Objects
  • and more!
If they added it via Option B so they don't outright add it, but give the community the tools to do it would be great for the community as a whole.
A 100 player Infection-Gamemode/type would be amazing.
Make it a stand alone side game if you absolutely have to continue to chase trends.
I'd rather Battle Royale vanish. All it does it kill creativity. I'd rather see big maps in BTB and actually see big player counts too so we don't see another reskin of games like Fornite/Pugy/BlackOut. Plus personally I find turning a game into a BR usually ends up feeling like lazy due to the fact that I keep seeing developers only make 1 map for the whole game and that get's boring fast, repetitive.

As for Warzone style modes...It's a nice idea but I'd rather they just add AI to BTB, bring back AAA quality maps plus all Warzone did in H5 is to encourage loot box's, generally lead to chaotic mode like Warzone Turbo so it be nice if Infinite reworked a new mode that allowed the ability to play offline and be able to play in a Firefight style mode that can played as a BTB mode too.
ronnie42 wrote:
I'd rather Battle Royale vanish. All it does it kill creativity. I'd rather see big maps in BTB and actually see big player counts too so we don't see another reskin of games like Fornite/Pugy/BlackOut. Plus personally I find turning a game into a BR usually ends up feeling like lazy due to the fact that I keep seeing developers only make 1 map for the whole game and that get's boring fast, repetitive.

As for Warzone style modes...It's a nice idea but I'd rather they just add AI to BTB, bring back AAA quality maps plus all Warzone did in H5 is to encourage loot box's, generally lead to chaotic mode like Warzone Turbo so it be nice if Infinite reworked a new mode that allowed the ability to play offline and be able to play in a Firefight style mode that can played as a BTB mode too.
I can understand that ma dood. I think the furthest we should go to is tools in gametype settings and Forge. Not something a full-on mode per se (maybe a social playlist if it was getting popular)
ronnie42 wrote:

I can understand that ma dood. I think the furthest we should go to is tools in gametype settings and Forge. Not something a full-on mode per se (maybe a social playlist if it was getting popular)
I'd rather it not be in Halo. Battle Royale for me just feels it's slowly going to turn the console/pc gaming into what I mostly hate about mobile games these days. Like mobile gaming we ended up with loot box's because of games like this, then Halo 5 was plagued with them, it's becoming over-saturated with Battle Royale clones and is part of the reason I refuse to go near new games like Apex Legends plus the BR modes get boring really fast.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:

I'd rather it not be in Halo. Battle Royale for me just feels it's slowly going to turn the console/pc gaming into what I mostly hate about mobile games these days. Like mobile gaming we ended up with loot box's because of games like this, then Halo 5 was plagued with them, it's becoming over-saturated with Battle Royale clones and is part of the reason I refuse to go near new games like Apex Legends plus the BR modes get boring really fast.
1. Apex Legends is the only BR I actually liked, PUBG sucks, and Fortnite is meh.
2. what I've dubbed "Option B" in OP is just gametype/lobby/forge (so one life and no starting weapons, player lobby set to 100, Pelican/Drop Pod Spawns), not the full implementation of the BR genera. I also agree that BR has added bad things to the gaming community. But with what I'm suggesting would be beneficial without the negative aspects. (Am I possibly just dreaming best scenario? Probably)
3. I'm working on a Warzone Rework and that's what I have in mind not the current Halo 5 Warzone. There are so many flaws with the mode I don't want to delve into it rn. The Mode itself is a valid idea, but how it was implemented impacted it negatively.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:

1. Apex Legends is the only BR I actually liked, PUBG sucks, and Fortnite is meh.
2. what I've dubbed "Option B" in OP is just gametype/lobby/forge (so one life and no starting weapons, player lobby set to 100, Pelican/Drop Pod Spawns), not the full implementation of the BR genera. I also agree that BR has added bad things to the gaming community. But with what I'm suggesting would be beneficial without the negative aspects. (Am I possibly just dreaming best scenario? Probably)
3. I'm working on a Warzone Rework and that's what I have in mind not the current Halo 5 Warzone. There are so many flaws with the mode I don't want to delve into it rn. The Mode itself is a valid idea, but how it was implemented impacted it negatively.
I played Apex Legends since kept hearing about it, didn't know at first it was BR style game, tutorial reminded me of Borderlands but then I played 1 match, I found it to boring since spent 5 minutes walking around finding nobody, after that I realised it was a BR game, uninstalled.
As for option B, I think Halo just needs to get back to it's roots since it already has an identity crisis these days.
A 100 player Infection-Gamemode/type would be amazing.
This might be a weak comparison, but when I was a kid my swim team would sometimes clear out the lanes after practice and we would would all play sharks & minnows. It was chaos but it was so much fun. In other words, I second this proposal.
A big NO to battle royal in Halo.... Let's get Halo back to being Halo. Halo needs it's own identity. We have been down this road of let Halo do what other games are doing and it doesn't seem to be working at all.
"I'll tell you right now, the only BR we're really interested in is Battle Rifle."
Idk if that's not telling you guys that 343i is not making a battle royale. It doesn't need a battle royale to stay relevant. It needs to improve from the previous games. Battle royale games are really boring imo. You spend half of the time looking for loot or another player. To top it all of, it repeats every single time with the same map+objectives. 1.PUBG is buggy af. 2.Fortnite, you shoot someone and all of the sudden, they become an architect. 3.CoD: Blackout is OK. 4.I never played Apex so I can't judge it.
If 343i wanted to do BR I'd want it to be it's own game and F2P.
Spawning as odst in a pod and assisting to the drop (similar to the Halo 3 ODST intro) could be really interresting
Man I still want a large mode wether it being BR or not. Whats so bad about that? War zone should be bigger.