So...hyped Or no?

OP Rakunz Boi

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
to a degree so far yes I am but im patient we know its gonna be on current gen so im thinking holiday next year
Woot! Halo news!
I love Halo, very passionate about it, I wish I could be hyped for it but honestly I am not... 343's track record with games hasnt been that good. Yeah the trailer looked good but didn't really tell us much. They have quite a task ahead of them and I just remain doubtful. Honestly right now I am just hoping the update to the MCC works out. Can't worry to much about Halo Infinite as we don't know much and won't even be playing it until some time late next year.
I love Halo. I probably always will, but I'm only hyped until the day it's confirmed Halo Infinite will have no classic Halo playlists or elements, and me and all my friends are getting pointed to the door again by 343.
Keep your hopes up high and your head down low.
I'm incredibly hyped--to the point of irrationality. The art style, the music, the throwback to Halo: CE big open space... Amazing!

Can't wait! I want more info!
I wouldn't get hyped up yet because apparently there is still a long way to go.
I think its a bit too early to be hyped about the game, it looks great but thats about all that we know about it.
I am with Saitam305, it is a little to early to be excited... But I just can't wait because I hope they reveal John's handsome face 😙
I'll never not be hyped for a Halo game.
Pretty hype. There's evidence to suggest improvements, and plus I like the idea of returning to Halo's original concept. Time will tell if that changes. But for now, it just feels good to finally be excited about Halo again. The community's clearly willing to give 343 another chance, and I only hope that it's not squandered.
I am with Saitam305, it is a little to early to be excited... But I just can't wait because I hope they reveal John's handsome face 😙
It's never to early to get on the hype train and we already did get a face reveal in Halo 4...well sort of. It was more of a eyebrow reveal but still.

Anyways I haven't been this hyped by an announcement trailer for a Halo game since numero 3. The promise of a return to larger scale environments (kinda needed to fix my vehicle encounter gripe with Halo 4 and 5) and a sense of wonder and exploration. Oh and also a Halo ring. We haven't been on one of those since Halo 3 (and even then it was just one level). Now we just have to wait...for a year or two.
I'm hopeful. I expect it to be better than Halo 5. Just like I expected Halo 5 to be better than Halo 4 (which overall it was in my opinion).
Not hyped and very skeptical. I need to see more before I can see how I truly feel about this game.
No, just disappointment.
Neither here nor there, the teaser trailer really doesn't give away much information and as far as I can see it was a teaser they 'had' to do at this years E3 otherwise they would have been swamped with criticism by disappointed fans... guess time will tell and it's now a wait and see game, hope it turns out for the best though.
I am very hyped.

I gave out a huge cheer sat on my sofa at home when Master Chiefs visor appeared toward the end of the teaser trailer.
Well, the game is on a newly developed engine that'll take advantage of the Xbox One, the art-direction seems to be shifting to the hybrid style that H2A and HW2 used, and the game seems to be taking inspiration from Halo CE and Halo 3 by focusing on larger levels that highlight Halo's sandbox.

All of this seems like a net positive but I'm reserving any 'hype' until I see the game in action. It may well look and sound good, but this could still be a Battle Royale game with Spartan Abilities and REQ packs.
never be to hyped because of a tech demo (thats what the trailer is). we actually know nothing big about the game (except maybe, that the art style is going into a more classic direction).
I'm hyped but also very worried for the future of this franchise.

- The new engine looks amazing (especially in 4K), there's no doubt about that. I hope it allows for even bigger battles or real boss fights (like a Kraken for example).

- The return to a more classic look is very cool, but also very weird. I feel like the series is more inconsistent than ever, and they keep changing stuff all the time, whether just for the sake of change or for crowd pleasing. This in the long run is very detrimental to Halo.

- They just showed us a tease of the new engine, despite the game being in development for almost 3 years. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather wait and play a 10/10 game, than have a mediocre one. But Halo has usually been on a 3 year cycle, and this shows us that things on the studio are probably a bit messy right now (but not necessarily in a bad way). I think they might be trying to make the best game they can, as fast as possible, and trying to make up for the not so great Halo 5, while also trying to prove the fans that they are indeed great developers. This can lead to a lot of internal stress in the studio, especially if there's pressure on the Microsoft corporate side of things. And stress and pressure lead to mistakes.

- 343 has shown a tendency of "fixing" the story in other media (like the Jul 'Mdama arc, the Didact arc, etc...). Having an expanded universe is great, but past games have been inconsistent. The games should be direct, or almost direct, continuations of each other (and still hold up on themselves). Especially from H4 to H5 there were a lot of confusing moments if you had no idea what was going on on other Halo media. I hope they don't follow this trend with Halo Infinite and give us a direct sequel to Halo 5, while explaining any changes in between, if needed.

At the end of the day I just want Halo to be great, because it's one of the franchises I love the most. I hope 343 takes all the time they need, in order to deliver a fantastic game. I wish them all the best.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4