Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

So is Chief ever going to upgrade to Mark VII?

OP The Kerminater

Or is he going to stick with Mark VI forever because people are obsessed with Halo 2?

Because Mark VII exists in lore and has existed since 2012 (The Thursday War, Karen Traviss), just FYI.

His Halo 4 armor update was spiritually the Mark VII to me even if it canonically didn't carry that moniker. Now that he's going back to a classic Mark VI it's looking like the dream is dead. The people have spoken, and their voices say "we want the same s--- until the end of time".

(P.S. That shade of green is ugly and jarring. He's supposed to be wearing regulation olive drab hardware, not some kind of bright superhero uniform. He should be the same green as Warthogs, Pelicans, Marines, etc., just like Halo 3-5. It's weird having two UNSC soldiers standing next to each other in a cutscene and one looks like a cartoon action figure. It's just like that "spot the anime protagonist" meme).
I personally like that shade of green! It’s nice to have a little bit of vibrance, in my opinion. As for the armor itself, I think it looks sick. Each to their own, as they say!
*facepalm*

I feel dumb. It isnt Mark VII???

Oh, mark VI third generation.....

343. Make sense of this please before the lore/ canon side of me goes haywire..
radmako wrote:
I personally like that shade of green! It’s nice to have a little bit of vibrance, in my opinion. As for the armor itself, I think it looks sick. Each to their own, as they say!
Vibrance belongs elsewhere, like in the environment (and the enemies, since they all wear vibrant colors). Bright highly visible green armor just looks silly when you understand it's green because it's supposed to blend in. He's a soldier, not the Green Lantern.
Or is he going to stick with Mark VI forever because people are obsessed with Halo 2?

Because Mark VII exists in lore and has existed since 2012 (The Thursday War, Karen Traviss), just FYI.

His Halo 4 armor update was spiritually the Mark VII to me even if it canonically didn't carry that moniker. Now that he's going back to a classic Mark VI it's looking like the dream is dead. The people have spoken, and their voices say "we want the same s--- until the end of time".

(P.S. That shade of green is ugly and jarring. He's supposed to be wearing regulation olive drab hardware, not some kind of bright superhero uniform. He should be the same green as Warthogs, Pelicans, Marines, etc., just like Halo 3-5. It's weird having two UNSC soldiers standing next to each other in a cutscene and one looks like a cartoon action figure. It's just like that "spot the anime protagonist" meme).
Yeah I liked him getting new and better armour. It makes more sense lore wise, humanity was advancing after the war. But sadly I think the fan complaints have over ruled any hope of seeing chief in anything other then the sh it he’s back to wearing now...
The armour is clearly the Forward unto Dawn movie armour with the chest plate segmented, nothing classic about it...
radmako wrote:
Vibrance belongs elsewhere, like in the environment (and the enemies, since they all wear vibrant colors). Bright highly visible green armor just looks silly when you understand it's green because it's supposed to blend in. He's a soldier, not the Green Lantern.
Ugh. Literally the exact same silly complaint since Halo 2.
I just personally vibe with it. 😅 I feel like it makes Master Chief look even cooler than he already is!
Doesn't the lore say his armor in Infinite is the Mark 7 gen 3 prototype?
JohnDang55 wrote:
The armour is clearly the Forward unto Dawn movie armour with the chest plate segmented, nothing classic about it...
Which is weird why that armor existed in the first place (technically it was Halo: Legends armor first). It's supposed to be Mark IV but it looks nearly identical to Mark VI. Don't know why Mark IV has to have 90 different interpretations instead of everyone going with what was shown in Halo Wars.
There are many permutations of Mark VI. Just look at Halo 3. So it doesn't have to be that all Mark IV armor was just one permutation. It just happens to be the Spartans in Halo Wars use a different set than what Chief used in Forward Unto Dawn. Just different types of armor, that's all. Chief isn't obligated to wear the same armor all the time. Canonically, he didn't wear just one type of armor.

BTW, the previews for Infinite show the BIOS of Chief's suit as being Mjolnir Gen III. So it is a new suit.