Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

So....Is The Infinity Destroyed?

OP DoctorMatt200

At the end of the gameplay reveal, it showed that most of the crew of the Infinity drifted into space and labeled deceased. Does this mean that the whole ship is destroyed once it reached to that Halo ring after trying to escape The Created?
I mean it looks like it, we'll have to wait for more gameplay to know for certain. It would explain why chief was adrift in space though
I wonder what this means for Osirus... and Laskey, and the fireteams from Halo 4, and Palmer, and Blue Team, and all these otger characters we have grown to love (especially in the last two prequal games). Will they say anything? This is the only thing worrying me, game looks so fun.
Following
Hard to tell for sure, but it’s possible. Would be one way for the Banished to be introduced, destroying infinity, starting the game off with a bang.

We’ll find out in the full game for sure
I really hope the Infinity is destroyed. It's just too OP. I'd prefer that it not be lost with all hands though, because then the likelihood of fighting alongside marines plummets through the floor.
At the end of the gameplay reveal, it showed that most of the crew of the Infinity drifted into space and labeled deceased. Does this mean that the whole ship is destroyed once it reached to that Halo ring after trying to escape The Created?
Well there is a giant hole in the ring. There’s only one thing we’ve seen do that before and it goes boom.
Am I missing where it shows this?
Is it in the Brutes speech where he says the crew is dead or gone?

Because ouch
It does look like the infinity has fallen, but not everyone aboard is ‘deceased’. Echo 216 is alive and there were four marines in the reveal trailer back in 2018. It’s probably gonna be like Combat Evolved, human ship crashes, and you need to regroup the survivors before moving forward through out the game.
At the end of Halo 5 the infinity escaped Earth, while blue team, Osiris was on Sanghelios. What you said cannot be.
TheDonCJG wrote:
Hard to tell for sure, but it’s possible. Would be one way for the Banished to be introduced, destroying infinity, starting the game off with a bang.

We’ll find out in the full game for sure
If that's the case, in a perfect world Fireteam Osiris would have been on board :-)
JohnDang55 wrote:
At the end of Halo 5 the infinity escaped Earth, while blue team, Osiris was on Sanghelios. What you said cannot be.
It has been several years since Sanghelios, so a lot has changed.
Trenchbird wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:
That's not quite right. H5G ends October '58. The date in the demo states May '60.
So not even two years have past since then.
SMOK69KMK wrote:
Trenchbird wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:
That's not quite right. H5G ends October '58. The date in the demo states May '60.
And it says “167 days since we lost” - which would be 12th December 2559 (or 13th if 2560 is a leap year?)

Shadows of Reach will be set in October 2559
SMOK69KMK wrote:
Trenchbird wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:
And it says “167 days since we lost” - which would be 12th December 2559 (or 13th if 2560 is a leap year?)

I have thought about this as well. I wonder how much Shadows of Reach will tie-in into H:I's story.
Maybe it will explain why Chief has been drifting in space alone instead with Blue Team.
SMOK69KMK wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:
Trenchbird wrote:
JohnDang55 wrote:

I have thought about this as well. I wonder how much Shadows of Reach will tie-in into H:I's story.
Maybe it will explain why Chief has been drifting in space alone instead with Blue Team.
Yeah I am just really curious about how all the pieces will fit together. Personally I’m really excited to see the direction the plot is going in