Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

So no flood ?

OP DemonFlame97

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
So the flood won’t be in the new game ? If that turns out to be true I’m gonna be a little bit disappointed I’ll still play the game but I’m going to be just a little bit disappointed
Not really any news regarding whether or not Flood will be returning.
They might appear in a DLC. We’ll see
No one knows if the Flood will be Infinite. I don’t know if the previous games showed any flood in their promotions either (Halo: CE, for a fact, did not).
i really dont know
it might not be major in the story, kinda like halo CE
they could surprise us too
It's pretty much confirmed. That pug sounds like the Flood to me.

Copy this link and put it in your web browser: https://youtu.be/-j4-DGPEFik?t=37
What are we basing the flood not returning off of? I admittedly miss a lot of things but would like to believe that announcement would have caught me.
What are we basing the flood not returning off of? I admittedly miss a lot of things but would like to believe that announcement would have caught me.
Yeah, I honestly don't know where people are getting this.
Almost no details about the campaign have been released yet, so it is still possible the Flood will be returning in Infinite. I have serious doubts as to their return, but it's still possible.
And if they aren't in Infinite... it doesn't mean they are banished from the narrative forever. There is 10 years of DLC to continue the story...
I'm pretty sure the Flood will most certainly appear in Halo Infinite as the game is planned to last for the next decade.
Why would they confirm anything about the flood? That would just be taking the potential surprise out of a moment in the campaign. The surprise in CE was a large part of their impact...a sort of fear of the unknown.
I would say The Flood showing up as a DLC or a later story, is every possible, depending on how they play out the story for the next 10 years. The Zeta Ring has a rich history with the Flood. But I don't think we will see them at the release of the game as they want to focus on the Banished as an Enemy. But with both Zeta Ring (Halo: Primordium) and The Banished (Halo Wars 2 Awakening The Nightmare) having some ties to the Flood, I would find it hard to believe the Flood would not show up at some point.

Plus I would love to fight a Juggernaut Form in FPS form, we did get to fight them in Fireteam Raven!
They want to repeat the experience from Halo CE and the flood was a surprise in this game
the flood could always be in infinite, we just havent seen anything confirming them
the flood could always be in infinite, we just havent seen anything confirming them
I would argue we have seen several big hints towards their inclusion in fact. Even if nothing is confirmed I am definitely in the camp that we will very likely see the return of the flood in Infinite
They did it in Halo Wars 2 so chances are they'll do it on this one as well due to part of setting on a Halo Ring where Flood samples are stowed away.
No one except 343 knows whether or not the flood will be returning. If they are, I doubt 343 would actually confirm it and just let the player find out in-game.
So the flood won’t be in the new game ? If that turns out to be true I’m gonna be a little bit disappointed I’ll still play the game but I’m going to be just a little bit disappointed
Holy crap plz let there be flood. I would be hugely disappointed to go to Zeta Halo and not see them. People keep talking about how the base game might not include it but right now it seems like the entire base game is an extension of the opening mission of Halo CE (at least visually.) If this game is a "spiritual reboot," but it doesn't contain as many different biomes or enemy factions as Halo: CE? That would be a very sad joke.
I'm not entirely sure the recordings of the pug is solid proof the flood will be present, it would make more sense if the audio was used for some animal we have yet to see. In terms of story, we still have the created and Cortana to deal with, not to mention the banished playing some role. I believe there is not enough room for the flood to fit in without making the stroy feel bloated. most likely we could see them in a dlc
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3