Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Something odd in Discover Hope Trailer

OP K1rbshn3r

Discover Hope Trailer

I noticed something odd just after rewatching the Discover Hope Trailer (for like the 100th time). The marine in the video for the 1st minute of the trailer has a much shorter hairstyle and beard compared to 1:50 - 2:10 of the trailer where the marine suddenly has a longer beard and hair. So I'm not sure if this means the trailer is spliced (meaning they removed a portion of it) or they made a cosmetic goof.

I base this upon how the trailer is framed, it doesn't appear like there is any delay between when the marine falls and when he starts watching the message from his wife and daughter. Just a thought.

TLDR: Marine hairstyle and beard length strangely change during trailer.
Time passed. He was stranded alone watching the same holo of his family for weeks on end as his only connection to the real world. Notice other items and the atmosphere itself changing as the holo plays.
That was intentional OP. It was meant to signify that time had passed. If you look at the cockpit window toward the end of the trailer, Brohammer has to wipe away frost because the temp has been dropping as the ship slowly loses power. In fact, that's why his breath is foggy toward the end while it is normal during the beginning. You'll also see that the holo message starts out with a green light that slowly fades to red before winking out, signifying that the battery is dying over a long period of time.
That was intentional OP. It was meant to signify that time had passed. If you look at the cockpit window toward the end of the trailer, Brohammer has to wipe away frost because the temp has been dropping as the ship slowly loses power. In fact, that's why his breath is foggy toward the end while it is normal during the beginning. You'll also see that the holo message starts out with a green light that slowly fades to red before winking out, signifying that the battery is dying over a long period of time.
Huh never noticed the light/battery connection before, good catch.

No offence to OP, but I don’t know how anyone could not grasp the passage of time after watching it “100 times.” Pretty much everything points to that including the interactions between “brohammer” and chief.
Yea.... I noticed that first watch. Clearly indicates passage of time. But what I also noticed ... time between master chief drifting in space and him being pulled in are also significantly different . Since ... when window wiped only cheif could be seen ... the halo is not visible . And I can only speculate but either orientation of the pelican or a lot of time has passed drifting.

also I speculate but remember the pelican in the first trailer . I suspect it’s the same pelican. Will look to compare.
It's supposed to convey that time has passed, enough for his hair and beard go grow out. He's been stranded for quite a while.
Time clearly had passed, you even see parts of the Pelican is in ruin too.
Time passage, that's all.