Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Spartan color

OP BVC91996

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I’m glad they’ve decided to allow your own color to be displayed when having team deathmatch and other modes. I’d always customize my character in previous games and then get into a match and be forced to be blue, red, etc... One of the best decisions they’ve made. People are already complaining that they can’t tell Who’s friend or foe? I had no problems with this in the game. Open your eyes more maybe? Lol. They’re going to add the option to increase the border around enemy and teammates. I’d hate to see them remove this because of the people that complain about everything.
Nope. And nope. Red versus blue is a perfect system in team play. Period.
sum0ne wrote:
wrong. Its probably the most outdated system when blues are very hard to spot in shadows and certain maps that have blue lighting. If this border system works in valorant it works on halo. You're just complaining because it doesn't appease your "classic" style.
Not a big fan of the outline system, purely just because I get confused who is an enemy or who is not, the bots were fine because they are all blue lol
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
sum0ne wrote:
wrong. Its probably the most outdated system when blues are very hard to spot in shadows and certain maps that have blue lighting. If this border system works in valorant it works on halo. You're just complaining because it doesn't appease your "classic" style.
Have u played valorant? The outlines are more subtle than this game. God you have no idea coming from other games and looking at H3 and how bad the lighting was back then. Jeez you literally saying there is not one instant that you got killed by a blue spartan because it's a little hard to spot him in the corner of ur screen? Given the game is a shooter there are explosive moments of flicky shots, there will be times you cannot focus on everything and the poor lighting and blue colors does not help.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
sum0ne wrote:
Have u played valorant? The outlines are more subtle than this game. God you have no idea coming from other games and looking at H3 and how bad the lighting was back then. Jeez you literally saying there is not one instant that you got killed by a blue spartan because it's a little hard to spot him in the corner of ur screen? Given the game is a shooter there are explosive moments of flicky shots, there will be times you cannot focus on everything and the poor lighting and blue colors does not help.
thats why its one of the best games in the pc market and has over 100 times the player base compared to halo mcc :)
Honesty, i really like the friend vs foe system, i didn’t have a problem with it at all.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.
Spoiler:
Show
I wish we could have both systems. Default could be the outline system, but in the settings could be a setting to change it to classic RvB for team based gametypes. I see this being a win-win for everyone.
It'll feel weird for the first month or so not being red vs blue, but I'm sure I'll get used to it, and it'll probably be for the better.
Its honestly scuffed, wish they would atleast add in an accessibility option so that i dont have to see glowing garbage everwhere.
No more always having to look at my spartan being Red & Blue all of the time. I was so over enjoyed when I heard the news.
It definitely needs tweaking, but as you said it is really nice to be able to play as the Spartan you design outside of FFA. Especially swapping from red to blue, your Spartan never had that unique identity.

If they want to add a toggle to go back to red Vs blue then I'm okay with it. I don't need other people to see my Spartan, I just want to see it. I want to see all of your Spartans too, let me see a glimmer of your personality.
Ken2379 wrote:
If they want to add a toggle to go back to red Vs blue then I'm okay with it. I don't need other people to see my Spartan, I just want to see it. I want to see all of your Spartans too, let me see a glimmer of your personality.
you love to see it, someone who doesnt get tilted at people not wanting to see their spartan.
I prefer Red v Blue, it’s easier to tell people apart that way.
I just wish the outlines were an option instead of forcing the iconic rvb away
Ken2379 wrote:
It definitely needs tweaking, but as you said it is really nice to be able to play as the Spartan you design outside of FFA. Especially swapping from red to blue, your Spartan never had that unique identity.

I'm kind of indifferent on the whole thing.

There's nothing wrong with Red Vs Blue, and I haven't played Infinite with the new system so idk how I'll actually feel about it.
I don't need to constantly see my Spartan (I know my boy looks better than all you mfs lmao), but I definitely see the appeal.

I also can't help but think that the outline system is pretty hand-holdy. Headshots are going to be easier now that people have a nice bright outline lol.
BVC91996 wrote:
I’m glad they’ve decided to allow your own color to be displayed when having team deathmatch and other modes. I’d always customize my character in previous games and then get into a match and be forced to be blue, red, etc... One of the best decisions they’ve made. People are already complaining that they can’t tell Who’s friend or foe? I had no problems with this in the game. Open your eyes more maybe? Lol. They’re going to add the option to increase the border around enemy and teammates. I’d hate to see them remove this because of the people that complain about everything.
Where did this "I wanna see my spartan colors" think come from? Color customization has been a thing since H:CE and only now are people tweaked about RvB? If I had to guess, I'd say it started with 343's poor outlet for player expression in H5. When waiting for a match, you couldn't view other player's armor/stats. You basically had to wait until after the match. In Reach, you could do this as well as the campaign cutscenes, and in general Reach had better FFA modes that people wanted to play.

That said, custom colors are cool and I'm glad we get to see the community's creative side. I just hope they improve the look of the outlines. They're a bit tacky right now.
I wonder what exactly it is about Destiny. But despite there being no on-model team indicator, I don't think I've ever accidentally shot at a teammate in several years of playing it. Maybe it's because of a combination of it having a very prominent radar, and a clear orange vs Blue/green namecard over any player directly within view? Or maybe it's the visible health bars? What would prevent it from working for Halo without the silly outlines?

I don't mind the outlines on teammates, as it acts almost as a team coordination feature of the visor, but the outlines on enemies just make it feel like ODST's night vision is always on, except they are even more prominent and obtrusive in Infinite.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3