Spartan color

OP BVC91996

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Plushhyyy wrote:
Not a big fan of the outline system, purely just because I get confused who is an enemy or who is not, the bots were fine because they are all blue lol
I know what you mean^^ My assumption is it was easy to tell who is enemy because all bots were blue like you said. I'm wondering how it is against real players.

I can imagine the outline system can bother me but also it can be, that it's easy to tell who's the enemy, i don't know yet. I have to play a few hours against real players to make a final conclusion.
sum0ne wrote:
Nope. And nope. Red versus blue is a perfect system in team play. Period.
wrong. Its probably the most outdated system when blues are very hard to spot in shadows and certain maps that have blue lighting. If this border system works in valorant it works on halo. You're just complaining because it doesn't appease your "classic" style.
Literally the dumbest -Yoink- I've read in a minute.

Red vs Blue is simplistic, it can't be outdated if it works exactly as it was intended to.(I've also never had any problem seeing Blues lmao)

My team is one color, the enemy team is the other color. There will be no confusion in who I'm supposed to be shooting at any time.
Have u played valorant? The outlines are more subtle than this game. God you have no idea coming from other games and looking at H3 and how bad the lighting was back then. Jeez you literally saying there is not one instant that you got killed by a blue spartan because it's a little hard to spot him in the corner of ur screen? Given the game is a shooter there are explosive moments of flicky shots, there will be times you cannot focus on everything and the poor lighting and blue colors does not help.
thats why its one of the best games in the pc market and has over 100 times the player base compared to halo mcc :)
its a csgo knock off
Fos Kuvol wrote:
I wonder what exactly it is about Destiny. But despite there being no on-model team indicator, I don't think I've ever accidentally shot at a teammate in several years of playing it. Maybe it's because of a combination of it having a very prominent radar, and a clear orange vs Blue/green namecard over any player directly within view? Or maybe it's the visible health bars? What would prevent it from working for Halo without the silly outlines?

I don't mind the outlines on teammates, as it acts almost as a team coordination feature of the visor, but the outlines on enemies just make it feel like ODST's night vision is always on, except they are even more prominent and obtrusive in Infinite.
It would be the colored namecard for sure.

Red VS Blue certainly isn't needed. It's just nostalgic to everyone.
Outlines will probably be just fine.
I mean, being one color or the other hasn't stopped team mates from shooting one another, so look at the bright side, they now have an excuse as to why they're shooting you!

I'm kidding.

Honestly, as someone who got super confused on who was friend or foe in Warframe like 7 years ago, I can confidently say it's something that will grow on you. Yes it's not what Halo has done for 20 years. Yes it's different. No it's not the end of the world. Just gotta get used to it, we got used to armor abilities instead of armor equipment, didn't we? Now we have to readjust to a sort of mix of armor equipment and armor ability.

Edit: Actually thinking on it now, Halo is the only game I can think of that ever did Red vs Blue. Gears of War was always human versus Locust, CoD didn't do Red vs Blue either, even back in the day. Has any other game actually ever done Red vs Blue visually???
I mean, being one color or the other hasn't stopped team mates from shooting one another, so look at the bright side, they now have an excuse as to why they're shooting you!

I'm kidding.

Honestly, as someone who got super confused on who was friend or foe in Warframe like 7 years ago, I can confidently say it's something that will grow on you. Yes it's not what Halo has done for 20 years. Yes it's different. No it's not the end of the world. Just gotta get used to it, we got used to armor abilities instead of armor equipment, didn't we? Now we have to readjust to a sort of mix of armor equipment and armor ability.

Edit: Actually thinking on it now, Halo is the only game I can think of that ever did Red vs Blue. Gears of War was always human versus Locust, CoD didn't do Red vs Blue either, even back in the day. Has any other game actually ever done Red vs Blue visually???
you can only think of halo as red vs blue? so you havent played any original team game? or maybe TF2.

I'm kidding.

you can only think of halo as red vs blue? so you havent played any original team game? or maybe TF2.
Halo and TF2 (honestly forgot about that one for a hot second) are the only ones I can currently recall having Red vs Blue for matchmaking. But I largely play PvE games, and the PvP games I DO play don't have Red vs Blue as their team identifiers. Destiny (when I played it) didn't, the CoD games I've played don't have it, GoW doesn't have it, Battlefield didn't have it, Warframe's PvP mode doesn't have it from what I recall, Overwatch has a Red vs Blue system, but you're not forced to be red or blue, they do an outline system, Rainbow Six Siege didn't have it either.

I'm kidding.

Did Doom do something like this as well, one color vs another color?
BVC91996 wrote:

I'm kidding.

Did Doom do something like this as well, one color vs another color?
I honestly don't know, I only played part of Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal, I didn't touch any PvP modes if they had them. I think I saw some game play footage at one point for some kind of PvP section, but idk, could have just been a promo ad or something.

I'm kidding.

Halo and TF2 (honestly forgot about that one for a hot second) are the only ones I can currently recall having Red vs Blue for matchmaking. But I largely play PvE games, and the PvP games I DO play don't have Red vs Blue as their team identifiers. Destiny (when I played it) didn't, the CoD games I've played don't have it, GoW doesn't have it, Battlefield didn't have it, Warframe's PvP mode doesn't have it from what I recall, Overwatch has a Red vs Blue system, but you're not forced to be red or blue, they do an outline system, Rainbow Six Siege didn't have it either.
for honor does RvB as well as rocket league and both of those game have a cool system where you can change to different shades of red or blue so you arent all the same but its still red and blue. half life 2 deathmatch did RvB as well as the old quake games if i recall.
red vs blue is a widely used system that mainly exist in arena games but not so much in other games except maybe RTS's age of empires uses team colors aswell i think.

destiny and cod arent really arena shooters in the classic sense like halo is, I dont play GoW so i dont know what type of game it is. games like siege, LOL, over watch, dota, and what not are hero based games those dont normally have team colors for characters. and battlefield has always been its own thing wanting to put emphasis more on country armies then just colored teams.

I think this is just one of those cases where since you honestly dont seem to play the type of games a RvB color would exist in you just didnt know, but yeah these days most people play games where you play as a character instead of a colored man so its easy to forget that it used to be the system for team games.
How will Multi-team work with no forced colors?
I suppose it won't which is ashame because that is one of my favorite modes.

I'm kidding.

for honor does RvB as well as rocket league and both of those game have a cool system where you can change to different shades of red or blue so you arent all the same but its still red and blue. half life 2 deathmatch did RvB as well as the old quake games if i recall.
red vs blue is a widely used system that mainly exist in arena games but not so much in other games except maybe RTS's age of empires uses team colors aswell i think.

destiny and cod arent really arena shooters in the classic sense like halo is, I dont play GoW so i dont know what type of game it is. games like siege, LOL, over watch, dota, and what not are hero based games those dont normally have team colors for characters. and battlefield has always been its own thing wanting to put emphasis more on country armies then just colored teams.

I think this is just one of those cases where since you honestly dont seem to play the type of games a RvB color would exist in you just didnt know, but yeah these days most people play games where you play as a character instead of a colored man so its easy to forget that it used to be the system for team games.
Yeah I played a bit of Rocket League a LONG time ago, we're talking years. Gears of War is probably not what you'd call a classic arena game, but it does feature small/medium maps with weapon spawns. Likely it would do a Red vs Blue theme...if it wasn't so obvious which team you were on. Humans have a blue glow somewhere whether outline or lights, while the Locust/Swarm usually have red lights, but that's about it. You're not really lookin for light colors though, you're looking for human or obviously not human. My friends all play For Honor, but I never took to it and I never played Quake games or Half Life.
sum0ne wrote:
wrong. Its probably the most outdated system when blues are very hard to spot in shadows and certain maps that have blue lighting. If this border system works in valorant it works on halo. You're just complaining because it doesn't appease your "classic" style.
Literally the dumbest -Yoink- I've read in a minute.

Red vs Blue is simplistic, it can't be outdated if it works exactly as it was intended to.(I've also never had any problem seeing Blues lmao)

My team is one color, the enemy team is the other color. There will be no confusion in who I'm supposed to be shooting at any time.
Have u played valorant? The outlines are more subtle than this game. God you have no idea coming from other games and looking at H3 and how bad the lighting was back then. Jeez you literally saying there is not one instant that you got killed by a blue spartan because it's a little hard to spot him in the corner of ur screen? Given the game is a shooter there are explosive moments of flicky shots, there will be times you cannot focus on everything and the poor lighting and blue colors does not help.
thats why its one of the best games in the pc market and has over 100 times the player base compared to halo mcc :)
its a csgo knock off
thats not the point.
BVC91996 wrote:
I’m glad they’ve decided to allow your own color to be displayed when having team deathmatch and other modes. I’d always customize my character in previous games and then get into a match and be forced to be blue, red, etc... One of the best decisions they’ve made. People are already complaining that they can’t tell Who’s friend or foe? I had no problems with this in the game. Open your eyes more maybe? Lol. They’re going to add the option to increase the border around enemy and teammates. I’d hate to see them remove this because of the people that complain about everything.
I agree 100%.
Honestly i think Titanfall 2 did it best, when you were far away you could see the red outline they had but as they got closer the outline would vanish some but you could still tell of they were foe by their jump jet trails and helmet visor and GT and could see what camos they had and this applied to their titans as well, im not sure how infinite could apply this as they don't have many lights on their armors but some aspects could be copied for sure
sum0ne wrote:
You have to be blind to have that issue to me🤷‍♀️ I’ve never been surprised by seeing a blue mixed in blue lights.
There's no reason 343 can't add both RedVsBlue and Outline in the options later on. That way everyone wins. So can we stop doing this old player vs new player? at lease on this topic? 🤔
sum0ne wrote:
Every other game does team play just fine without such ridiculously explicit colors. Whatever you think of the coating system, I'm thrilled that we'll actually be able to choose our colors in-game. I've played Halo for over a decade, and though RvB is classic, it's too restrictive. Games like Destiny do just fine with custom player colors. This kind of thing just seems overly conservative to me.
sum0ne wrote:
You have to be blind to have that issue to me🤷‍♀️ I’ve never been surprised by seeing a blue mixed in blue lights.
lol blind? go on halo 3 maps that have a lot of shadow casts.
sum0ne wrote:
Seems like it’s just you having that problem mate, I have no issues detecting Blues
sum0ne wrote:
I’ve got tons of hours into halo and I’ve never ever had a hard time seeing players🤷‍♀️ Red or blue, Or FFA matches with individual colors. At best players with camouflage the invisible power up is where I might be unaware of a player but armor colors? No, I can’t say I’ve ever struggled with that personally
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3