Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Spartan Companies for Infinite

OP WhrsUrLoyaltyAt

I looked around a bit but can’t find any details on it. Do we know if Spartan companies will be in Infinite or Will they be sunset in Halo 5?
We haven’t gotten official word. I would be surprised if they didn’t return though. Probably being more robust as well.
I looked around a bit but can’t find any details on it. Do we know if Spartan companies will be in Infinite or Will they be sunset in Halo 5?
We have no solid info. Most assume there will be some continuation of at least the concept.

I think it may have featured in the (now delayed) Waypoint Inside Infinite. I would therefore expect more information within the next month.

Whether or not they continue Spartan Companies or allow a transition to a new model (perhaps with a direct transfer of Spartan Companies to that) I think 4 pillars are key:

1. Have everything in place and public at least a month before the game's release. Spartan Companies being announced one week before Halo 5 was just a week of a carnage-filled arms race.
  2. Spartan Company goals/commendations/challenges need to be up at launch - not a year later.
  3. I'd also be strongly against the challenges/commendations being as grindy as Halo 5's (looking at you, marine kills). I'd actually rather a seasonal model: smaller challenges each season to reward longer term communities who play together for years rather than super-grinding groups which will disband after reaching the final goal. Could even be 'streak' rewards for completing 3, 6, 9, 12 monthly/seasonal challenges in a row. I'd also be strongly in favour of cross-game things joint with MCC.
  4. In-game management. Might not be necessary with an app now too, but was a huge miss for H5
There is still nothing confirmed. But I hope they return in Infinite.
MorseyBaby wrote:
We have no solid info. Most assume there will be some continuation of at least the concept.

I think it may have featured in the (now delayed) Waypoint Inside Infinite. I would therefore expect more information within the next month.

Whether or not they continue Spartan Companies or allow a transition to a new model (perhaps with a direct transfer of Spartan Companies to that) I think 4 pillars are key:

1. Have everything in place and public at least a month before the game's release. Spartan Companies being announced one week before Halo 5 was just a week of a carnage-filled arms race.
  2. Spartan Company goals/commendations/challenges need to be up at launch - not a year later.
  3. I'd also be strongly against the challenges/commendations being as grindy as Halo 5's (looking at you, marine kills). I'd actually rather a seasonal model: smaller challenges each season to reward longer term communities who play together for years rather than super-grinding groups which will disband after reaching the final goal. Could even be 'streak' rewards for completing 3, 6, 9, 12 monthly/seasonal challenges in a row. I'd also be strongly in favour of cross-game things joint with MCC.
  4. In-game management. Might not be necessary with an app now too, but was a huge miss for H5
I'd love to see special rewards for meeting the challenge requirements seasonally for Spartan Companies too. Like, if you complete 3/5 of the challenges for the season your SC will unlock this cool banner, or this special visor pattern, or this cool Commando coating, etc. I think it'd be cool to have special events for these companies too with competitions or, have companies split into brackets determined by their population count and have the rewards specific to certain brackets so that smaller companies have a hope of getting cool -Yoink- too.
MorseyBaby wrote:

I'd love to see special rewards for meeting the challenge requirements seasonally for Spartan Companies too. Like, if you complete 3/5 of the challenges for the season your SC will unlock this cool banner, or this special visor pattern, or this cool Commando coating, etc. I think it'd be cool to have special events for these companies too with competitions or, have companies split into brackets determined by their population count and have the rewards specific to certain brackets so that smaller companies have a hope of getting cool -Yoink- too.
Not entirely behind the idea of brackets- I'd rather it be universal but not necessarily overly grindy. The brackets approach sounds too much like Sea of Thieves' Emissary Leaderboard system which can get very grindy
MorseyBaby wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:

Not entirely behind the idea of brackets- I'd rather it be universal but not necessarily overly grindy. The brackets approach sounds too much like Sea of Thieves' Emissary Leaderboard system which can get very grindy
Yeah I get that, but for people like myself it'd be dificult. For example, my Spartan Company is entirely comprised of myself, my family and a couple friends. Of those people only myself and my brother are active. So even though we're pretty decent at the game, we'll never have any hope of getting Achilles. You could argue that we could just join another company or invite more people, but I don't think we should have to. It'd be nice to have the challenge scale with the number of people in your company rather than everyone have the same objective, because at that point it either becomes too easy to be considered a challenge for large companies or an impossible pipe dream for small companies.
they should return in my opinion its fun to work with multiple people for a single goal for example achilles armor.
MorseyBaby wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:

Yeah I get that, but for people like myself it'd be dificult. For example, my Spartan Company is entirely comprised of myself, my family and a couple friends. Of those people only myself and my brother are active. So even though we're pretty decent at the game, we'll never have any hope of getting Achilles. You could argue that we could just join another company or invite more people, but I don't think we should have to. It'd be nice to have the challenge scale with the number of people in your company rather than everyone have the same objective, because at that point it either becomes too easy to be considered a challenge for large companies or an impossible pipe dream for small companies.
Okay straight scaling I could get behind, although I think that does risk a race to the bottom in terms of 'you must spend x hours active a week', 'you must play y gamemodes' etc. None of which I'm a fan of.

I wouldn't want to spend every month having to check activity levels and warning/booting players not contributing enough. At least with H5 someone not contributing was just taking a roster spot - with scaling they'd also be making it harder on everyone else.

Yeah in your case I totally get it, but given the 100 member limit, I think Spartan Companies were designed as ways to bring communities together - groups who may otherwise not play together. I would love to see a system to encourage that. Even challenges like: play games with SC members - if you play in a fireteam of 4 SC members it's 4 progress, 2 is 2 progress etc. I'd want levels attainable with decent levels of play across a season for even a 5-10 member company
There won’t be any news on Spartan Companies until the Multiplayer aspect of Halo Infinite is actually revealed. More than likely this Sunday (June 13th) at the Xbox E3 event.

There is a Inside Infinite Blog scheduled or the end of this month - the topic being Waypoint. It’s possible we could get details on Spartan Companies then.

I would be very surprised if they didn’t continue with the Spartan Company idea. I think with the game going Free To Play having in game communities is a great idea and would be stronger than ever. Guess we’ll find out soon enough.
TheDonCJG wrote:
There won’t be any news on Spartan Companies until the Multiplayer aspect of Halo Infinite is actually revealed. More than likely this Sunday (June 13th) at the Xbox E3 event.

There is a Inside Infinite Blog scheduled or the end of this month - the topic being Waypoint. It’s possible we could get details on Spartan Companies then.

I would be very surprised if they didn’t continue with the Spartan Company idea. I think with the game going Free To Play having in game communities is a great idea and would be stronger than ever. Guess we’ll find out soon enough.
I completely spaced the idea of Free to Play. Brings a great element to the spartan company work effort. I definitely hope they bring it back. Albeit a tad grindy, my core group of buddies all enjoy chasing commendations individually or as a group.

It definitely needs some in-game adjusting though. The walkthrough I had to give my non-super fan friends in the waypoint setup was annoying.
TheDonCJG wrote:

I completely spaced the idea of Free to Play. Brings a great element to the spartan company work effort. I definitely hope they bring it back. Albeit a tad grindy, my core group of buddies all enjoy chasing commendations individually or as a group.

It definitely needs some in-game adjusting though. The walkthrough I had to give my non-super fan friends in the waypoint setup was annoying.
I think for Spartan Companies to really thrive is for the game to actually have a Company HUB or something of the sort. The disconnect between the game and Waypoint is a bit too big for my liking. Although they did mention a Waypoint app at one point - that may help make the platform more accessible.

Send invites to Companies in game, manage the company in game etc. Give us the tools directly in game to grow and nurture a community.

As for communal goals. There needs to be some short term & some long term goals for players to achieve. Could be seasonal rewards & all time rewards. I think that’d be cool.
Whilst the Achilles grind was fun - it was the only thing you really got for being in a Company. I’d love to see some more incentive.

I think if handled correctly Companies could be HUGE in Infinite. Here’s hoping!
It's likely, but I wouldn't be shocked if it got changed a bit.
MorseyBaby wrote:

Point 4 is SO needed. Very few of my friends won't bother to join up in my SC due to the process needed to join one.
JoeySTRIKE wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:

Point 4 is SO needed. Very few of my friends won't bother to join up in my SC due to the process needed to join one.
Aye absolutely - the app may negate the need for as much in-game stuff, but having an easy way to make a connection in a lobby helps
Hopefully they exist in Halo Infinite. I have a grope I founded on Bungie.net back in it's Halo days I'd like to revive as a spartan company on Infinite.
I don't mind Spartan Companies...just as long as there's no annoying Spartan Company only rewards since was kind of annoying to be forced into a clan where people can kick you as soon as there near a goal. I got the unlock for Achiles in Halo 5 but the way the reward was handled was poorly executed. Halo Infinite should stick to unlocks that require in-game unlocks only and not 'spartan company' goals.
I'm sure Spartan Companies will return to some capacity in Halo Infinite. Although despite the positive reception, I don't expect much difference since 343 still has to accommodate for the majority who aren't into the feature.