1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Halo 4 brought us Spartan Ops which was a new mode with a psuedo campaign that led into Halo 5. Would any of you be down for the revival of this mode?

I personally loved Spartan Ops and enjoyed having my own spartan do missions like the immersion/customization of Reach.

Perhaps Halo Infinite could continue the stories of Blue Team and Osiris in these missions!? I would be very excited to see this game mode.

What do you all think?
Would you like to see this return?
I could see it working as DLC. I wouldn't want it to interfere with the main story of Halo Infinite, though.
John9895 wrote:
I could see it working as DLC. I wouldn't want it to interfere with the main story of Halo Infinite, though.
I don't want it as dlc, cuz we shouldn't have to pay extra for it. We didn't for halo 4.
And I don't want it to interrupt the story either. Perhaps there could be some tie-ins, but I'd want it to be its own sub-plot.
So long as it doesn't become repetitive and just recycle environments from the campaign, then sure. That was my biggest problem with Spartan Ops. It was fun for me at first, but got kinda grindy after a while.

I like your idea of focusing on Osiris or Blue Team though. There are some in the community who want Blue Team to be in Infinite, while others want it to be a Chief-only story. I want it to be Chief-centric. But this could be a nice compromise where the main campaign is all about the Chief and Spartan Ops is about Blue Team and what they were doing during the campaign.
So long as it doesn't become repetitive and just recycle environments from the campaign, then sure. That was my biggest problem with Spartan Ops. It was fun for me at first, but got kinda grindy after a while.

I like your idea of focusing on Osiris or Blue Team though. There are some in the community who want Blue Team to be in Infinite, while others want it to be a Chief-only story. I want it to be Chief-centric. But this could be a nice compromise where the main campaign is all about the Chief and Spartan Ops is about Blue Team and what they were doing during the campaign.
I totally agree. The later Spartan Ops levels were quite new and interesting as far as I remember.
Long as the actual gameplay is done better, I'm all for it. I loved having a second story to troll through. Agree with the above that the second half's levels were more interesting. If they could manage one notch above that for the whole thing, I'd be totally sold.
Long as the actual gameplay is done better, I'm all for it. I loved having a second story to troll through. Agree with the above that the second half's levels were more interesting. If they could manage one notch above that for the whole thing, I'd be totally sold.
The gameplay will most probably be different than Halo 4s lol
Fair enough, haha. I suppose I meant level design.
Fair enough, haha. I suppose I meant level design.
Well in that case i totally agree. Halo 4s level design wasnt superb all around sadly.
Spartan Ops as Osiris would be a really cool way of fleshing out their characters and story. I too enjoyed "Season 1" of Spartan Ops/Halo: Infinity, so would be happy for it to return for a "Season 2". If not Osiris, we could see Fireteam Crimson again.
John9895 wrote:
I don't want it as dlc, cuz we shouldn't have to pay extra for it. We didn't for halo 4.
And I don't want it to interrupt the story either. Perhaps there could be some tie-ins, but I'd want it to be its own sub-plot.
Spartan ops was DLC, each chapter was released separately. You just didn’t pay for it.
Nalla78 wrote:
John9895 wrote:
Spartan ops was DLC, each chapter was released separately. You just didn’t pay for it.
Thats true! I would just like seeing it as a part of the game to avoid potentially paying more. If they actually made it a fully detailed campaign they could sell it at half price a year later like ODST.
Spartan Ops as Osiris would be a really cool way of fleshing out their characters and story. I too enjoyed "Season 1" of Spartan Ops/Halo: Infinity, so would be happy for it to return for a "Season 2". If not Osiris, we could see Fireteam Crimson again.
Personally I couldn't care less if we left Osiris in the dirt. Id much rather have a Blue team story or even just a Buck story lol.
Personally I couldn't care less if we left Osiris in the dirt. Id much rather have a Blue team story or even just a Buck story lol.
That's just because there's nothing to them in Halo 5. But Spartan Ops Season 2 would allow for that to change, and retroactively improve Halo 5. There wasn't anything to Blue Team in Halo 5 either. People only like them in Halo 5 because they like them from other media, and it's cool for them to be in a game. They were just as dull.
I remember in Halo 4 Spartan Ops was the best way to rank up.
That's just because there's nothing to them in Halo 5. But Spartan Ops Season 2 would allow for that to change, and retroactively improve Halo 5. There wasn't anything to Blue Team in Halo 5 either. People only like them in Halo 5 because they like them from other media, and it's cool for them to be in a game. They were just as dull.
This right here.

Spartan Ops in Infinite could be the perfect way to build up those characters. My personal preference is Blue team with Chief in campaign and Osiris in Spartan Ops. That way the teams aren't vying for screen time yet both can receive their due diligence in characterization.

I see people (understandably) complain about Blue team and Osiris not being interesting in Halo 5, yet they also don't want to give them a chance to actually improve. I feel this would be a perfect way for that to be accomplished.
I think there was another thread on this, but with Spartan ops playing on the same maps (some of them even multiplayer maps) I couldn't help but think to my self, If we had AI Spawns in Forge we could have made these levels ourselves.
The only thing we were missing was narrative voice overs and to be fair they didn't do that much for immersion. (Majestic will never beat Crimson), Also every level we went one direction we ended up going the other direction so every map got the Two Betrayals treatment.

Seriously if 343 gives us AI spawns and custom triggers in gorge then we could make our own campaigns and they will be way better than anything that 343 could do. 343 needs to tap into the creative process of the community way better than they have been doing the past 2 (3 if you count the MCC) games.
Honestly, OP, I would personally much prefer to see the return of a proper Firefight mode. Back when Spartan Ops was being marketed for Halo 4, they were pushing it as the new and improved replacement for Firefight as it appeared in Halo: Reach. The comparison ended up being pretty inept; SpOps entered up being very linear and repetitive mini campaign missions (Most of them especially in Season 1 were literally ripped right out of the main campaign) with loadouts being the only player-adjustable game options aside from straight up difficulty.

That's without even mentioning the story of Spartan Ops, which I considered a few narrative notches beneath even the regular H4 campaign- which is constantly slugging it out for bottom place Halo campaign story in my head with Guardians.

Rant over, it's not relevant how I personally feel about the story, and all of that is just my personal opinion anyhow. I wouldn't even care if SpOps came back and continued the stories of some of the ancillary characters from Blue team and Osiris. I would just hate to see it come at the expense of a brilliant and highly customizable Firefight mode again.
Someone mentioned it, but if I had to chose between Spartan Ops or Fire Fight, FF all the way. But, who says they couldn't make the spartan ops kinda in the vein of Destiny Strikes? Hear me out cause I know some are probably screaming "no!" at the screen. Basically a one mission mini campaign. They would be longer than a Destiny strike (so not 15 min at max), have a self contained story that is vaguely related to the current events of the game (so like if The Created are the enemies then maybe one has us going after a high priority target like a certain AI), and a boss at the end. Make them fun and replayable. Also you could tie some armor and challenges to them or something if you get like a certain score or beat it on certain difficulty.
I wasn't really a fan of Spartan Ops. At first it sounded cool, but to me it became super tedious, annoying, and felt rehashed.. idk..
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3