Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Special Gametype Idea for Infinite

OP Greater Pain

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I really need to stress this, especially because of the issues with Halo 4. No one should start with a loadout or equipment. Either start with a BR, DMR, Pistol or Assault Rifle. Because man.... if someone throws out a bubble shield as I'm throwing a grenade, I'm gonna go full suicide grunt.
I really need to stress this, especially because of the issues with Halo 4. No one should start with a loadout or equipment. Either start with a BR, DMR, Pistol or Assault Rifle. Because man.... if someone throws out a bubble shield as I'm throwing a grenade, I'm gonna go full suicide grunt.
Yeah, I 100% agree... In the primary Slayer and Slayer pro gametypes. If I step into this special gametype, I know what to expect, and I think the unique qualities of this gametype are very valuable. Think of this gametype like Swat. It's a fun and unique experience that you'll enjoy every now and then, but it's not Slayer and it's not trying to replace Slayer either.

So what do you think about this gametype? Do you have any contributions, additions, input on things you think should be tweaked, or answers to any of the unanswered questions I brought up in my last comment?
Okay Greater Pain, I own you an apology because of my strong negativity towards your idea.
It's true that I have been quite forceful about how your gametype would work for non-campaign players because, from my point of view, a gametype that feels too random or unfair for the F2P players is a bad and a never to do idea.
What also made me mad later on was the "F2P players simply can't play this since they don't have campaign" because while I agree that it may create incentive for them to buy the solo, it may also just kill your gametype if they don't feel like it's worth it and it just cut content for them which is never a good idea IMO.

Also the fact that you were progressively editing the original post made my criticizing post obsolete that's why I was repeating what I already said (while adding critics about you're other ideas) and that made the negativity forceful also I may have been fueled by anger because of you insulting us of being toxic or simply haters for focusing on the main flaw of your idea.
But, I would also like to point out that your idea, in the initial post you made before editing it, wasn't structured and thought out to a point were it's start being interesting and that's why, I think, we weren't positive toward you idea, because it wasn't appealing enought and the only flaw (how it works for F2P players) didn't have a good enough solution at first.

Now that you added more ideas for:
- How it would work for F2P players,
- The beacon on dropped power weapons for others to try getting it,
- The fact that when all power weapons don't have ammo and they are dropped they start spawning on the map so that the game still have power weapons,
- The ammo cache that you have to get control of, in a king of the hill way, to allow your teammates to get ammo for their power weapons
The gametype start to get appealing, which was what it lacked.

I think that if you had thought and structured your idea like it is now before posting it, it would have maybe be better received (well in my case, the lack of proper structure was really what made me focus on the main flaw at the time)
So yeah, I'm starting to like your idea now, still not a fan of most of your proposition for F2P players, I think you need to research more idea to solve that problem the best it can be (if not then I guess we have to choose the best compromise between your existing propositions).

I'll give you these propositions (if one of these is already one you submitted, I may not have read it correctly so bear with it)
Because loadouts are 2 weapons, how about, for the first spawn, they have a normal weapon (AR/BR/sidekick, I don't know which) as secondary and they can choose their main weapon in a list of loadout (like first loadout is Sniper, second one is SPNKR, third one is Shotgun, etc...).
Or, maybe they could just have BR or DMR as main weapon, that would give them a way to defend themselves against sniper as these are precision weapons) but they have a random secondary weapon to spawn with the first time.

As for the name how about Gun Hunt, Hunger Gun (it is a reference in a way) or simply Deprivation.

Again, sorry for the initial negativity toward your idea, I agree that I was at fault here (can't speak for others cause they may or may not have change opinion) but you also were for insulting us instead of either ignoring or simply give us a good answer to our critics.
It would be cool if there was a mode that mimicked halo wars material gathering/ tower defense game play. Since this is gonna be open world, it would be a nice chance to try and build bases, defend areas, and survive using concepts, tactics and mechanics well known throughout the halo community
Yeah, I 100% agree... In the primary Slayer and Slayer pro gametypes. If I step into this special gametype, I know what to expect, and I think the unique qualities of this gametype are very valuable. Think of this gametype like Swat. It's a fun and unique experience that you'll enjoy every now and then, but it's not Slayer and it's not trying to replace Slayer either.

So what do you think about this gametype? Do you have any contributions, additions, input on things you think should be tweaked, or answers to any of the unanswered questions I brought up in my last comment?
Overall, I think it's a pretty neat idea overall. I'm always down for new gamemodes and to see what the community has to offer. Remember Infection wasn't a polished community idea and so was Griffball. My only issue was with the random starts with equipment because as always some equipment is better than others.
I don't particularly like how complex this game mode sounds, and I feel like having campaign loadouts crossover to a multiplayer gametype is not only lore-breaking (I understand this isn't a major aspect for many players as far as multiplayer goes, but regardless.) but it's, dare I say, too much work. Your average Arena match only lasts under 10 minutes, maybe 15, and having this many moving parts is too much for my monkey brain. if I may offer some suggestions?

A mode, similar to yours, but it's a BTB fiesta mode. You start with random "basic" weapons, being the Sidekick, Bulldog, Battle Rifle, Assault Rifle, and Commando. Two players from each team will spawn with a power weapon. These power weapons have assigned ammo pads that change location every two minutes, at complete random. These power weapons do not despawn unless launched off the map, where the losing team will receive a replacement power weapon. If one team holds all four power weapons, a 30 second timer starts and if at the end of that timer the team still holds all power weapons, it resets and the power weapons are replaced with Sidekicks, and two players from each team receive new power weapons.

Call it...Mythic Fiesta.
I don't particularly like how complex this game mode sounds, and I feel like having campaign loadouts crossover to a multiplayer gametype is not only lore-breaking (I understand this isn't a major aspect for many players as far as multiplayer goes, but regardless.) but it's, dare I say, too much work. Your average Arena match only lasts under 10 minutes, maybe 15, and having this many moving parts is too much for my monkey brain. if I may offer some suggestions?

A mode, similar to yours, but it's a BTB fiesta mode. You start with random "basic" weapons, being the Sidekick, Bulldog, Battle Rifle, Assault Rifle, and Commando. Two players from each team will spawn with a power weapon. These power weapons have assigned ammo pads that change location every two minutes, at complete random. These power weapons do not despawn unless launched off the map, where the losing team will receive a replacement power weapon. If one team holds all four power weapons, a 30 second timer starts and if at the end of that timer the team still holds all power weapons, it resets and the power weapons are replaced with Sidekicks, and two players from each team receive new power weapons.

Call it...Mythic Fiesta.
I still like the original idea. But this sounds epic as well, you should make a thread and see what people think of it.
Quote:
As for the name how about Gun Hunt, Hunger Gun (it is a reference in a way) or simply Deprivation.
YukiryuFR, I love these names! Also this is definitely a unique one from my other solutions, I think:
Quote:
I'll give you these propositions (if one of these is already one you submitted, I may not have read it correctly so bear with it)
Because loadouts are 2 weapons, how about, for the first spawn, they have a normal weapon (AR/BR/sidekick, I don't know which) as secondary and they can choose their main weapon in a list of loadout (like first loadout is Sniper, second one is SPNKR, third one is Shotgun, etc...).
Or, maybe they could just have BR or DMR as main weapon, that would give them a way to defend themselves against sniper as these are precision weapons) but they have a random secondary weapon to spawn with the first time.
It's complicated to explain, but simple to get used to in-game, I think. Let me try to sum it up into one sentence to put into the original main post as an alternative option with your name on it:
  • Players without campaign get to choose half of a loadout by picking a power weapon as their primary, but always receive a specific standard secondary weapon such as an AR, BR, or Sidekick.
Also, I'm really glad you're liking it now! You're definitely right, by the way. My original formatting was terrible. It was almost a copy/paste from my YouTube comments, but as a forum post I really should have overhauled it from the get-go. The new format took a lot of work, and I'm glad it's helping.
Deaths Shadow74, this is also a really cool gametype. I feel like mine wouldn't be too complicated in practice despite coming off as super complicated in text, but the compromises your takes solves the campaign issue by removing it entirely, so it's a strong alternative to mine entirely. I doubt 343 would implement either, but if they did I doubt even more that they will put both our ideas into the game. But maybe they're different enough to warrant putting them side by side. lol
Quote:
A mode, similar to yours, but it's a BTB fiesta mode. You start with random "basic" weapons, being the Sidekick, Bulldog, Battle Rifle, Assault Rifle, and Commando. Two players from each team will spawn with a power weapon. These power weapons have assigned ammo pads that change location every two minutes, at complete random. These power weapons do not despawn unless launched off the map, where the losing team will receive a replacement power weapon. If one team holds all four power weapons, a 30 second timer starts and if at the end of that timer the team still holds all power weapons, it resets and the power weapons are replaced with Sidekicks, and two players from each team receive new power weapons.Call it...Mythic Fiesta.
gei89, I agree, and Deaths Shadow74 please post a link to that thread here so that we can get some cross-coverage on the forum!
Quote:
I still like the original idea. But this sounds epic as well, you should make a thread and see what people think of it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2