Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

SPI Armor or Lookalike

OP Lupinthrope

343, it's time, it should have been in Reach (and no Pilot doesn't cut it) it's time for some Spartan III love for an armor that's been field tested with not one, not two, but THREE Spartan companies for YEARS.

Its had 3 revisions with the Mark I & 2 as well as the prototype version with shielding featured in Headhunters, so its had alot of use in the halo lore.

It's also been featured in several forms of halo artwork via the halo encyclopedias and on the covers of 3 books, Ghost of Onyx, Last Light and Retribution.

Your Spartan III fans will be very pleased, there's more of us than you think! Just call it: Ghost, Headhunter, Mirage, Ambrose, etc.

Please 343, its time.
I'd love to see SPI finally make an appearance in the games! I've just looked at the three covers (Onyx, Last Light and Retribution). I never realised how consistent the body armour is (with a few minor differences). I'm not a fan of the Retribution helmet though. It looks too much like the standard EVA. I hope that if SPI is included in Infinite they go with the helmet from Ghosts of Onyx.
I'd love to see SPI finally make an appearance in the games! I've just looked at the three covers (Onyx, Last Light and Retribution). I never realised how consistent the body armour is (with a few minor differences). I'm not a fan of the Retribution helmet though. It looks too much like the standard EVA. I hope that if SPI is included in Infinite they go with the helmet from Ghosts of Onyx.
I suggest you look at the art of it from the Halo Mythos book, features a lot of good SPI artwork in action and from different angles!