2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 7
I like that they will be rewarding the 152s in Infinite, even if it means the reward will be something I don’t get. Getting to 152 takes serious dedication and quite frankly, the reward that players get in H5 is lackluster at best. I doubt that it will be anything other than some type of badge of honor on players service record, or a temporarily exclusive item, so I don’t think there is any reason to lose sleep over it
I kind of feel like for requesting us to acquire so much XP that 343 should reveal what this reward actually is as well, because quite frankly if it isn't a special and good looking armor set, I don't really care about it.
Seems fair to me..
Glad I’m not the only one who thinks this. It’s just a little extra something for the people who made it to 152.

And what’s OP even complaining about anyway? He’s only 2 rank ups away from the reward?
Seems fair to me..
Glad I’m not the only one who thinks this. It’s just a little extra something for the people who made it to 152.

And what’s OP even complaining about anyway? He’s only 2 rank ups away from the reward?
Those two rank ups are big ones. I've been half way to 149 for ages it's not like the early 100's the real grind starts at about 146.
And I mean as to whether its fair or not depends on your pov on gaming should your 60$ cover all in game content or should some things be earned. I honestly have gone back and forth on this, but 60$ IMO should cover most things. And things that are specially earned should be hidden from sight until earned. I'm super thankful that 343 has changed this recently so that the unavailable options are no longer visible I mean who cares about an armor set that just had a different skin that could only be earned one day it's NBD but I do care that it was keeping me from completing my armor.
eviltedi wrote:
I agree although there should be an exclusive reward for those for made it to 152, there should be something for those who played halo 5 anyway whether it be an emblem or something along those lines.
Why should there be a reward for those who played Halo 5 ? I've played all the Halo games, I don't want or deserve anything. It just splits the community into the have and have nots imo. I'm very much against these practices, and the SR 152 award is rewarding the wrong thing, it's rewarding players that have more time to grind XP over others that don't, it's ridiculous imo.
For those who played halo 5 I think maybe something like an emblem or something, nothing major. On the other hand players who grind their way to 152 really should get something like armor or a weapon skin because you get nothing for reaching 152 in halo 5. Players who play a game that much really do deserve a reward. I don’t even want to imagine how many hours are spent trying to get to 152
eviltedi wrote:
I agree although there should be an exclusive reward for those for made it to 152, there should be something for those who played halo 5 anyway whether it be an emblem or something along those lines.
Why should there be a reward for those who played Halo 5 ? I've played all the Halo games, I don't want or deserve anything. It just splits the community into the have and have nots imo. I'm very much against these practices, and the SR 152 award is rewarding the wrong thing, it's rewarding players that have more time to grind XP over others that don't, it's ridiculous imo.
For those who played halo 5 I think maybe something like an emblem or something, nothing major. On the other hand players who grind their way to 152 really should get something like armor or a weapon skin because you get nothing for reaching 152 in halo 5. Players who play a game that much really do deserve a reward. I don’t even want to imagine how many hours are spent trying to get to 152
I'm at a little over 20 days between warzone and arena and I am a level 147. *Yoink* I don't want to think about how many hours I have spent sitting in menus... And that's just this Halo title. I have been here since CE, that's just days of menus.
eviltedi wrote:
I'm at a little over 20 days between warzone and arena and I am a level 147. *Yoink* I don't want to think about how many hours I have spent sitting in menus... And that's just this Halo title. I have been here since CE, that's just days of menus.
Tell me about it. It will take approximately 73 days just to go from 151 to 152 for the 50 million XP
I just don't feel inclined to make the jump onto the grind without actually knowing what the reward is. It seems some are speculating that it'll just be an emblem, or a nameplate, and it very well may be. Not saying everyone is going to feel the same way, but for me, I'm just thinking why put in the time for just a chance that the reward won't be mediocre? Currently, the game just isn't compelling to me as it was before, (especially after the sandbox change in November 2017), and I find myself spending much more time on MCC than I do on Halo 5. I still hop on every so often, but not nearly enough to make my jump from 150 to 152.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
They said there would be a token of appreciation in H6 for those who stick with H5 long enough to get to SR152. I see nothing wrong with that. There is plenty of time to get there for most players. I really don't see why it's a big deal. It will be just some arbitrary cosmetic that won't effect the game at all. I am going to grind for it, why not? H5 can be fun to play still. I feel that if an award is a cross over from one game to the next it should be something relatively easy to obtain so more gamers can get it. Sure I want to see rewards for high skill game play but they should remain with their respective games. If you no longer enjoy H5 why worry about some cosmetic to reflect you played a lot of it in the next game?
Seems fair to me..

Only 2 ranks is halfway from 1 to 152, so how is it only? (24.000.000/50.000.000)

Also I'd rather be rewarded for skill, not for a ridiculous amount of playtime, which is why they are probably doing this, to increase their players/play time (+ REQ packs?), this feels like Halo: Reach, for some players, it's an impossible amount to reach, even though I love Halo and it's my favourite game.
To all of you saying that 'our reward should be given in the game we play, it shouldn't make us play a previous portion in the series', ok, but have you thought about this:

The reward could be a 'thanks for investing time and love into the WHOLE of the series, not just the one game'.

Because if you cared enough to play the prequels to the current installation, then that means you're here for more than just a quick ride before ditching it for something else.

Whatever happened to the times where people would gladly set aside time to play previous parts of a series for little rewards in the current installation? Are we all just 'live for the now not the what was' gamers these days?

In short, what I ask is: why is everyone so upset about having to play Halo 5 for a little reward in the upcoming game? I mean, it's probably going to be something small anyway, so why be upset that you might not get it?
To all of you saying that 'our reward should be given in the game we play, it shouldn't make us play a previous portion in the series', ok, but have you thought about this:

The reward could be a 'thanks for investing time and love into the WHOLE of the series, not just the one game'. We have Helioskril already for such reward. Might I suggest something on the lines of a “dull, lazy, or unrecognizable emblem” as the reward or the best bragging rights ever.Because if you cared enough to play the prequels to the current installation, then that means you're here for more than just a quick ride before ditching it for something else.

Whatever happened to the times where people would gladly set aside time to play previous parts of a series for little rewards in the current installation? Are we all just 'live for the now not the what was' gamers these days? What little rewards before the MCC?In short, what I ask is: why is everyone so upset about having to play Halo 5 for a little reward in the upcoming game? I mean, it's probably going to be something small anyway, so why be upset that you might not get it? 50mil exp for 152 is a huge time investment, if the reward is junk then players with 152 might get upset for grinding to 152. Also if the reward is amazing then players whom are intimidated by the grind feel upset because they can never obtain the reward. We can’t assume the worth of the reward until the game is out.
read the bold, thanks!
Nalla78 wrote:

The reward could be a 'thanks for investing time and love into the WHOLE of the series, not just the one game'. We have Helioskril already for such reward. Might I suggest something on the lines of a “dull, lazy, or unrecognizable emblem” as the reward or the best bragging rights ever.Because if you cared enough to play the prequels to the current installation, then that means you're here for more than just a quick ride before ditching it for something else.

Whatever happened to the times where people would gladly set aside time to play previous parts of a series for little rewards in the current installation? Are we all just 'live for the now not the what was' gamers these days? What little rewards before the MCC?In short, what I ask is: why is everyone so upset about having to play Halo 5 for a little reward in the upcoming game? I mean, it's probably going to be something small anyway, so why be upset that you might not get it? 50mil exp for 152 is a huge time investment, if the reward is junk then players with 152 might get upset for grinding to 152. Also if the reward is amazing then players whom are intimidated by the grind feel upset because they can never obtain the reward. We can’t assume the worth of the reward until the game is out.
read the bold, thanks!
I mean, Helioskrill was an alright helmet; what was so bad about it other than the fact a different version was made for those who were unable to get it?

There were also games in the passed that gave you either little Avatar props or other things for playing previous games. Besides that, the greatest reward you could have had was the enjoyment of playing the games that came before the most recent. Microsoft has only recently made it more common for you to earn little goodies for investing some time into previous installments, but there have been the occasional treats here and there in the past.

I mean, getting to Inheritor was just as painful back on Reach, and that was because we had a cR limit of like 200k a day I believe. But people still managed to get there in just a few short months after the rank was dropped and they didn't even get anything save for a skull faced Operator helmet lol. So, what's so different about getting to 152 today? I'm honestly curious considering not many people seemed to openly complain about grinding to Inheritor just to have a haunted helm that you can literally buy for 1cR once you got the rank (at least, as far as I am aware).

And that's the unfortunate thing about rewards; not everyone will get them. Everyone has equal opportunity to get the reward, but not everyone will end up getting said reward. However, I don't feel the complaints are well placed. You see, this isn't some short timed event where once Infinite comes out the ability to obtain it just vanishes. I'm fairly sure that even once the game has been released, if the Halo 5 servers are still active, you should be able to still get the reward once you hit 152.

I get it; being left out of getting a reward that seems possible to everyone but you, sucks. I've been there, done that. But I understand that not every opportunity will present itself to me and if I miss out, then that's that. It'll suck for a while, but it's still just an intangible item I'll never be able to physically touch. It's not like they're giving out Halo themed cars to everyone who hits 152.
Nalla78 wrote:

read the bold, thanks!
1. I mean, Helioskrill was an alright helmet; what was so bad about it other than the fact a different version was made for those who were unable to get it?

2. There were also games in the passed that gave you either little Avatar props or other things for playing previous games. Besides that, the greatest reward you could have had was the enjoyment of playing the games that came before the most recent. Microsoft has only recently made it more common for you to earn little goodies for investing some time into previous installments, but there have been the occasional treats here and there in the past.

2. I mean, getting to Inheritor was just as painful back on Reach, and that was because we had a cR limit of like 200k a day I believe. But people still managed to get there in just a few short months after the rank was dropped and they didn't even get anything save for a skull faced Operator helmet lol. So, what's so different about getting to 152 today? I'm honestly curious considering not many people seemed to openly complain about grinding to Inheritor just to have a haunted helm that you can literally buy for 1cR once you got the rank (at least, as far as I am aware).

3. And that's the unfortunate thing about rewards; not everyone will get them. Everyone has equal opportunity to get the reward, but not everyone will end up getting said reward. However, I don't feel the complaints are well placed. You see, this isn't some short timed event where once Infinite comes out the ability to obtain it just vanishes. I'm fairly sure that even once the game has been released, if the Halo 5 servers are still active, you should be able to still get the reward once you hit 152.

4. I get it; being left out of getting a reward that seems possible to everyone but you, sucks. I've been there, done that. But I understand that not every opportunity will present itself to me and if I miss out, then that's that. It'll suck for a while, but it's still just an intangible item I'll never be able to physically touch. It's not like they're giving out Halo themed cars to everyone who hits 152.
I numbered to address the points directly and not have to deal with waypoint being silly on my edits lol.
1. Helmet and Amor. It’s appeal is subjective but still a reward for playing previous halos. It’s availablility in the req system only hurts its exclusiveness but doesn’t take away the reward.
2. Halo 5 152 is harder than Reach’s Inheritor. Inheritor and 152.
3. I completely agree.
4. Expect this is still the community that’ll get upset over any new change, gameplay, and art style. I’m not saying it’s unjustified but it’s completely expected to see people upset about anything new, like this reward.
Nalla78 wrote:
Nalla78 wrote:

read the bold, thanks!
1. I mean, Helioskrill was an alright helmet; what was so bad about it other than the fact a different version was made for those who were unable to get it?

2. There were also games in the passed that gave you either little Avatar props or other things for playing previous games. Besides that, the greatest reward you could have had was the enjoyment of playing the games that came before the most recent. Microsoft has only recently made it more common for you to earn little goodies for investing some time into previous installments, but there have been the occasional treats here and there in the past.

2. I mean, getting to Inheritor was just as painful back on Reach, and that was because we had a cR limit of like 200k a day I believe. But people still managed to get there in just a few short months after the rank was dropped and they didn't even get anything save for a skull faced Operator helmet lol. So, what's so different about getting to 152 today? I'm honestly curious considering not many people seemed to openly complain about grinding to Inheritor just to have a haunted helm that you can literally buy for 1cR once you got the rank (at least, as far as I am aware).

3. And that's the unfortunate thing about rewards; not everyone will get them. Everyone has equal opportunity to get the reward, but not everyone will end up getting said reward. However, I don't feel the complaints are well placed. You see, this isn't some short timed event where once Infinite comes out the ability to obtain it just vanishes. I'm fairly sure that even once the game has been released, if the Halo 5 servers are still active, you should be able to still get the reward once you hit 152.

4. I get it; being left out of getting a reward that seems possible to everyone but you, sucks. I've been there, done that. But I understand that not every opportunity will present itself to me and if I miss out, then that's that. It'll suck for a while, but it's still just an intangible item I'll never be able to physically touch. It's not like they're giving out Halo themed cars to everyone who hits 152.
I numbered to address the points directly and not have to deal with waypoint being silly on my edits lol.
1. Helmet and Amor. It’s appeal is subjective but still a reward for playing previous halos. It’s availablility in the req system only hurts its exclusiveness but doesn’t take away the reward.
3. I completely agree.
4. Expect this is still the community that’ll get upset over any new change, gameplay, and art style. I’m not saying it’s unjustified but it’s completely expected to see people upset about anything new, like this reward.
1) I never really cared much for the Helioskrill Armor, so I'm neutral grounds in that regard. But wasn't only an alternate variant made available in the req system?

2) Eh, I don't think I can agree there. I've not played nearly as much Halo 5 as I have Reach and I'm already level 103 or something like that. If I invested much more time, I could have probably reached 152 a long time ago. I think I have about 8 days total time logged into Halo 5 which is nothing in comparison to my most likely 30+ days worth of logged in time on Reach. I played Reach like it was going out of style and the farthest I got was Reclaimer.

3) well alright then :)

4) First, sorry, noticed the typo; except*. Secondly, I understand that completely. Not to say every complaint is invalid, but I do notice a lot of the time that the complaints are not well made. They sometimes stem off of a feeling of something seeming 'unjust' or 'unfair' when it's neither. And I am also not calling every complainer entitled, but some of the complaints I see make the OP come off as such.
munk07 wrote:
Halo: Infinite will reward players who are SR 152 in Halo 5.I honestly think this is unfair and insulting to the Halo community. It really bothered me when I heard this news. Why wait so long to tell us this information?

I played all of Halo 5, not just Warzone and Arena. Now I'm lacking a significant amount of XP for a 'special' item in Halo: Infinite.
  1. I played a ton of the campaign, even though it lacked story
  2. I played Arena
  3. I played Warzone
  4. I forged. I have puzzles, octagons and a few 4v4 maps
  5. I have played plenty of custom games
My Total Halo 5 playtime is 168 Days 11 Hours 16 MinutesI have the Achilles Armor and all the games achievments. Im SR 150.

Did I forget to mention I bought the digital deluxe edition? So because I didn't play my heart out for XP, I won't get anything 'special'. This isn't about me. This is about a majority of the community tossed to the side because we didn't grind our hearts out.

Anyone still playing the dead game should get something to be honest.
They waited so long to announce it because they hadnt came up with the idea yet. Keep begging for it though, maybe make another forum thread and explain all this again. Too bad theres no reward for maximum entitlement, you wouldnt have to beg for that one.
Nalla78 wrote:
Nalla78 wrote:

read the bold, thanks!

3. I completely agree.
1) I never really cared much for the Helioskrill Armor, so I'm neutral grounds in that regard. But wasn't only an alternate variant made available in the req system?

2) Eh, I don't think I can agree there. I've not played nearly as much Halo 5 as I have Reach and I'm already level 103 or something like that. If I invested much more time, I could have probably reached 152 a long time ago. I think I have about 8 days total time logged into Halo 5 which is nothing in comparison to my most likely 30+ days worth of logged in time on Reach. I played Reach like it was going out of style and the farthest I got was Reclaimer.

4) First, sorry, noticed the typo; except*. Secondly, I understand that completely. Not to say every complaint is invalid, but I do notice a lot of the time that the complaints are not well made. They sometimes stem off of a feeling of something seeming 'unjust' or 'unfair' when it's neither. And I am also not calling every complainer entitled, but some of the complaints I see make the OP come off as such.
1. There was a time you could get helioskril in the req system, going back to point 4, some people were upset lol. I have no clue now.

2. Level 105 in h5 isn’t even 10% of the way there. Those videos suggest that Inheritor can be done in 100 days and in the best conditions 105 days for 152. Also congrats on getting Reclaimer.

3. 👍

4. Oh by no means did I think either of us were going to claim that the complaints were entitled. If anything they are an emotional response to something being replaced that they once enjoyed and hence why their complaints aren’t always well made. Also sorry about the typos, my phone loves to rewrite words behind my back.
Nalla78 wrote:
Nalla78 wrote:
Nalla78 wrote:

read the bold, thanks!

3. I completely agree.

1. There was a time you could get helioskril in the req system, going back to point 4, some people were upset lol. I have no clue now.

2. Level 105 in h5 isn’t even 10% of the way there. Those videos suggest that Inheritor can be done in 100 days and in the best conditions 105 days for 152. Also congrats on getting Reclaimer.

3. 👍

4. Oh by no means did I think either of us were going to claim that the complaints were entitled. If anything they are an emotional response to something being replaced that they once enjoyed and hence why their complaints aren’t always well made. Also sorry about the typos, my phone loves to rewrite words behind my back.
1) huh, didn't know that. I honestly hardcored the crud out of the previous Halo games and MCC, so I ended up getting it the moment I downloaded Halo 5.

2) I use a lot of boosters for XP, so maybe it won't take as long? Idk.

4) The forums is as the forums does I suppose.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 7