Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Starting armour

OP ItsBosscraft18

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
In infinite do you want to start with chiefs armour or do you want a recruit armour like in h4/5 personally I would like to start with the recruit armour. og fans come kill me plz
I'd go with recruit. Chief's armour feels more special and better looking so I think it'd be cooler if it was an unlock. Recruit is one of the few 343i sets I actually really like so I'm good with that as the starting point, plus it'll probably look even better with the new art style if it is in the game.
I think Chief's armor should be unlocked. It would make sense then, to start player with recruit armor for multiplayer. However, in the case of Halo Reach, it made sense to start players with Rogue armor, playing as Noble 6 in the campaign. So, if it makes sense to the story, we could start out with something other than Recruit.

Side note: I'm really curious how all the new 343i armor sets are going to look in the enhanced-classic aesthetic seen in the Halo Infinite trailers!
I think the new default armour we’re getting is the one shown at the Toy Fair, the one shown worn by 2 red spartans and one white spartan figures.

I’d love Chief’s armour to be an unlock for completing the campaign on legendary.
I think the new default armour we’re getting is the one shown at the Toy Fair, the one shown worn by 2 red spartans and one white spartan figures.

I’d love Chief’s armour to be an unlock for completing the campaign on legendary.
Yeh that would be a good reward mabye a something extra if you turn all skulls then somet extra
I think the recruit armor starting out would be nice it's going to be epic seeing the way they do customization this time around though. I feel like the Mark VI should be earned in some way though. I also want to see Mark V return.

That does look like a new armor set. I almost didn't notice because it fits well in the Reach aesthetic. It doesn't look like a redesign of recruit to me, but i could see them giving it the same name (see rogue armor between Bungie & 343i).
Yeah I think recruit would be fine, since it is called recruit. Remember all those random recruit variants in H5 that barely looked different? Maybe in Halo Infinite, once you get to SR5 or reaching past Private First Class (Same thing, I just like the ranks having names like Reach and MCC), that's when you can unlock more helmets. Before private first class, that's when those recruit variant helmets could be used; one for each rank.

The cooler looking armor should be saved for higher rank people or those that completed certain achievements. I'd love to get some cool armor for doing a legendary campaign run.
I'd personally like hid to be the starting armor. Just like in Halo 3. I'd like the other sets to be earned, that way it makes them more special or something like that. The Mk VI armor isn't just the "face of Chief", but is the face of Halo for sure, so why not start with it like we did back in the day?
Fine either way. Halo CE, 2, and 3 allowed for Chief’s armor by default, while Reach, H4, and H5 had different starting armor.
I'm cool with unlocking Chief's armor and not having it be the starting armor. I just don't want his armor to be locked behind the campaign like it is in Halo 4 & 5.
I'd personally like hid to be the starting armor. Just like in Halo 3. I'd like the other sets to be earned, that way it makes them more special or something like that. The Mk VI armor isn't just the "face of Chief", but is the face of Halo for sure, so why not start with it like we did back in the day?
If you start everyone with Chief's armor, then nobody will wear it after their first unlock. Then, the face of Halo becomes the end-game armor sets. If Chief's armor is the last set we get (or it's earned through campaign challenges, or something), then everyone will want to earn the right to "be Chief".

Furthermore, i don't like the idea of Chief just being "another Spartan". Just my opinion.
D1LLYBEAN wrote:
If you start everyone with Chief's armor, then nobody will wear it after their first unlock. Then, the face of Halo becomes the end-game armor sets. If Chief's armor is the last set we get (or it's earned through campaign challenges, or something), then everyone will want to earn the right to "be Chief".

Furthermore, i don't like the idea of Chief just being "another Spartan". Just my opinion.
That's exactly why I personally would want it to be the starter set. Rarity shouldn't really be a factor if you want to wear the armor I think. And no, the face of the game would not be the endgame sets, that part is a bit silly if you ask me. Does anyone look back at Halo 3 and think Rogue or EVA are the face of that game?

But for the "another Spartan" comment at the end, you know that the armor he wears is literally the base suit with no modifications right? All the OG Spartans looked like him back in the day.
D1LLYBEAN wrote:

That's exactly why I personally would want it to be the starter set. Rarity shouldn't really be a factor if you want to wear the armor I think. And no, the face of the game would not be the endgame sets, that part is a bit silly if you ask me. Does anyone look back at Halo 3 and think Rogue or EVA are the face of that game?

But for the "another Spartan" comment at the end, you know that the armor he wears is literally the base suit with no modifications right? All the OG Spartans looked like him back in the day.
I concede that Master Chief's armor will be the face of the game regardless of multiplayer starting armor, and acknowledge that his armor was standard-issue in Halo's lore (Gen 1). I would argue though, that armor sets like Recon and Hayabusa became the face of Halo 3 multiplayer. Furthermore, the warrior armor set was said to be mainline for Gen 2, but we started with recruit armor in Halos 4 & 5 to show that we were new spartans. At this point, I don't think Chief's armor is standard-issue, and he's a rare/experienced Spartan II. I think it would be cool if players (Spartan IVs) had to earn the right to wear his helmet (like Mark V in Halo 3).
My gut tells me we will all be wearing Mark VI as default.
Any would be a good choice. So say you start your multiplayer career with a set amount of credits. From there you go to the armor and can purchase which specific pieces you want. Almost all are available to you, and you can customize your Spartan how you see fit. As you progress and gain more experience points/credits you can purchase further armor pieces and emblems. The higher the tier, the more pricey.
This way player have a focused goal on which armors and emblems available to them, should they have the required tenure. Some armor sets/pieces should definitely cost more than other, and some should have unlockability through certain achievements.
This gives players a goal to grind for and doent not randomize armor unlocks behind loot crates.
Uuv wrote:
I'm cool with unlocking Chief's armor and not having it be the starting armor. I just don't want his armor to be locked behind the campaign like it is in Halo 4 & 5.
I think locked behind campaign is fine, whether that be normal or legendary... I'd be fine if it was locked in Normal, and then something else in Legendary.
Uuv wrote:
I think locked behind campaign is fine, whether that be normal or legendary... I'd be fine if it was locked in Normal, and then something else in Legendary.
I think you misunderstood what I meant. When I say locked behind campaign, I mean his armor was confined to being used in JUST campaign, as in you couldn't unlock it for Multiplayer use in Halo 4 & 5.
Uuv wrote:
Uuv wrote:
I think you misunderstood what I meant. When I say locked behind campaign, I mean his armor was confined to being used in JUST campaign, as in you couldn't unlock it for Multiplayer use in Halo 4 & 5.
Ohh I see what you mean now. Yeah I'd rather have it be a harder to get armor than the rest for MP, mainly because it's just an icon armor and I'd want to show off that I worked for it
recruit becuase it would make chief armour less special
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2