Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Story teaser or gameplay reveal at E3?

OP TRUe REDEMPTI0N

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
It's no surprise that Infinite is gonna be at E3 2019. Last year we got the title reveal at the end of an engine demo. For this year, what'd you think they'll show for the game, a story teaser trailer or a gamplay reveal of sorts. I think we're gonna get a story teaser, either in CG or actually in the Slipspace engine.
More likely a story teaser that will show off the new art style and the slip space engine. I’m not so sure we’ll get gameplay yet.
It's no surprise that Infinite is gonna be at E3 2019. Last year we got the title reveal at the end of an engine demo. For this year, what'd you think they'll show for the game, a story teaser trailer or a gamplay reveal of sorts. I think we're gonna get a story teaser, either in CG or actually in the Slipspace engine.
Story teaser with maybe a small amount of gameplay footage
As long as there’s gameplay I’ll be happy.
I'm thinking just a story teaser. Seems a bit soon to be showing off gameplay footage.
I think they're gonna show MP at this E3. Something like a return for BTB, or at least that's what I hope. I immagine them showing off the new graphics by showing some gorgeous anonimous environments, a couple hints of some alien life, maybe all using raytracing and all of a sudden an exploded warthog flyes by and reaveals the caos in a BTB Halo match. That would be fun. What would make more sense tho? Considering they probably still have 1 year and a half of development, they aren't gonna be ready to show off the gameplay, so they're gonna do kind of a cheap thing and show a story trailer. I would hate that because in 1 year and a half a lot of things change. If they show a story trailer this early, there's a good chance it's gonna be displaying lies, just like the Halo 5 marketing campaign.
Story teaser with maybe a small amount of gameplay footage
I hope, I’d like to see a Story teaser then later on show some early Gameplay footage something like Randy Pitchford did with Borderlands 3
So assuming a second half of 2020 launch which is where the smart money is. At e3 2014 we got a story trailer for mcc and h5 in one, h2A gameplay and a cinimatic trailer for the h5 beta which while not actual gameplay showed gameplay elements (sprint, pound, charge) and breakout. Now we are the same distance out from infinite however this E3 there is no other new halo launch to divide attention and halo infinites development is streached out by 2 years so percent wise they SHOULD be farther along then they were on halo 5 in 2014. So at the very least I would expect a story trailer and some kind of gameplay info which could be a seperate insider program cinimatic trailer or rolled into the story trailer or something else like a dev doc even. If we come away from e3 not knowing what infinites gameplay will be like the halo fanbase which is already fractured will be very dissapointed and i hope and expect that 343 knows that.
I would honestly be surprised if we didn’t get any gameplay. My prediction is something like the Halo 4 demo where they play through part of a level and then have a trailer after
I would honestly be surprised if we didn’t get any gameplay. My prediction is something like the Halo 4 demo where they play through part of a level and then have a trailer after
I doubt we would see that much since the game is still almost certantly a year and a half off? I suppse destiny got gameplay at e3 2013 tho and released in 2014 but thats a different story since the game was almost done and ready to release in 2013 but higher ups at activision made them delay it to rework the story to be less complex resulting in the game probably being less finnished at launch in 2014 then in 2013.
Well, Bonnie did say Chris Lee was going to be on stage at E3 talking Halo Infinite. So I'm pretty sure we'll get a trailer, plus story gameplay and maybe, possibly multiplayer gameplay.
Why would 343 put the Studio Head of FPS Game Development on stage just for a cinematic trailer? They wouldn't.
speedyjr11 wrote:
Well, Bonnie did say Chris Lee was going to be on stage at E3 talking Halo Infinite. So I'm pretty sure we'll get a trailer, plus story gameplay and maybe, possibly multiplayer gameplay.
Why would 343 put the Studio Head of FPS Game Development on stage just for a cinematic trailer? They wouldn't.
That's a good point. I think they'll show a quick snippet of gameplay but not much.
I think we will be getting an in-engine campaign trailer, and possibly gameplay preview.

I'd bet 343 is currently playtesting Infinite, and has been for some time. However, it may be better to build hype to only reveal a campaign trailer at E3, and save the multiplayer gameplay for announcement of the beta/flights/however they roll this game out.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see gameplay at E3, but I'm not expecting it either.
I don't expect any polished gameplay at all.
With close to zero information I guess there'll be a cinematic story trailer with maybe a Beta announcement
but that will probably be all, since all we got last year was a demo of the engine the game will use.
2019 is way too early for any kind of hands-on gameplay.
Gameplay footage will be shown I'm betting. It might be just a beta version but something will be. A date for the first beta will also be announced.

If they just show some CGI trailer and that's it, people will not be happy at all.
If they just show some CGI trailer and that's it, people will not be happy at all.
There's no release date at this point, so there is no established schedule to adhere to. At this point, any info is good info. There should be no level of expectation of what they'll present at E3, and to have any such expectation is really unfounded. If they aren't ready to showcase gameplay, then they aren't ready, simple as that. It's fine to want the game to come out sooner rather than later, but giving devs flak for taking their time doesn't do anyone favors.
Chimera30 wrote:
There's no release date at this point, so there is no established schedule to adhere to. At this point, any info is good info. There should be no level of expectation of what they'll present at E3, and to have any such expectation is really unfounded. If they aren't ready to showcase gameplay, then they aren't ready, simple as that. It's fine to want the game to come out sooner rather than later, but giving devs flak for taking their time doesn't do anyone favors.
I didn't say I would give them flak, but I know people will. I 100% agree with what your saying, any information is good and it's ridiculous to give the developers flak if they only give very little... but I'm just going by what I see and read on various social media and gaming sites. I don't know how many different things you go to and visit and what not, but my friend and I go to a lot. Trust me when I say most people are expecting to see something more than just a CGI trailer of Infinite, and if that's all we get, I'm telling you right now, there will be a lot of pissed off and disappointed people If this is the case.

Time will tell though. Personally I'm hoping for a great showing all around from Microsoft, as I feel they really need to hit, not a home run, but a grandslam!
"Is it too much to ask for both" - Tony Stark
Trust me when I say most people are expecting to see something more than just a CGI trailer of Infinite, and if that's all we get, I'm telling you right now, there will be a lot of pissed off and disappointed people If this is the case.
Then they'll be wrong for getting pissed. I would hope that 343 doesn't try to rush anything out, even a trailer, just to appease some impatient gamers. These people you're talking about should exercise a little restraint and patience. Luckily, some of the folks at 343 I've interacted with don't take crap like that from people, so even if that comes to pass, I think they'll weather it.
I think its entirely within a persons rights to be dissapointed or unhappy personally with a direction a game is going or a lack or info as long as they dont act disrespectfully to others. “Im sad we did not see gameplay at E3” is totally fine. You cant force yourself to be happy. If your throwing insults at devs then thats a problem. Its been a much longer dev cycle then normal so its natural people are antsy. Just be respectful about it and try not to get over hyped.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2