Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Targetmaster Rewards in Infinite?

OP MasterOfWar6615

So it's been confirmed that people who hit max rank in Halo 5 will receive a reward in Infinite. Good. I don't know how you guys did it but y'all definitely deserve to be rewarded (here's hoping it's actually worth the effort). However, one thing I haven't seen mentioned yet is a reward for players who complete the Targetmaster commendation. It's been about 10 months since it released, pretty late in Halo 5's lifespan, so I feel those people who are still dedicated enough to grind out 650 wins this late in the lifecycle might deserve some reward as well. Or, maybe a set of rewards with increasing "cool factor" the higher the level of Targetmaster completed. Just a thought though.
So it's been confirmed that people who hit max rank in Halo 5 will receive a reward in Infinite. Good. I don't know how you guys did it but y'all definitely deserve to be rewarded (here's hoping it's actually worth the effort). However, one thing I haven't seen mentioned yet is a reward for players who complete the Targetmaster commendation. It's been about 10 months since it released, pretty late in Halo 5's lifespan, so I feel those people who are still dedicated enough to grind out 650 wins this late in the lifecycle might deserve some reward as well. Or, maybe a set of rewards with increasing "cool factor" the higher the level of Targetmaster completed. Just a thought though.
You get the target master weapon skins

The reason there's a reward in the next game for max rank is that the reward in Halo 5 was very lacklustre and there was a very vocal complaint about it with the emblem being a big meme at this point
Unno about adding Targetmaster rewards from Halo 5, but having Targetmaster-style rewards from Halo Infinite's release and on would be great.
Have around 900+ wins in arena, around 1900+ wins in WZ overall....that's like nearly 3000 so getting 650 doesn't sound like much to me plus it wasn't that long ago that I reached 152 on H5 myself and was well above the targets. I don't think the commendations mean much compared to the 152 rank plus if someone got to that rank and somehow didn't reach 650 wins then there pretty unlucky.

Plus it doesn't seem like 152 rank is going to be armour for Infinite then I doubt the 'Targetmaster' would give anything worthwhile for Infinite. Anyway based on my wins I guess it's possible that it could be do-able in about a year or sooner if someone chooses to work with a team more often instead of lone wolfing it.
Recently on the Halo subreddit, ske7ch made a post stating the following:
Quote:
This has been mentioned before, but just to reiterate - the grind to 152 is very intensive and time consuming. Real talk that there's no way that whatever the team ends up offering as a token in Halo Infinite will truly equate to the amount of investment needed to get there. While we do still want to recognize players who have reached max level in Halo 5, the team is also looking at other criteria and ways to also acknowledge activity and tenure in other titles and milestones (MCC, etc..).
Source.
With the late release of the Targetmaster skins and this quote from Ske7ch, I think there's a chance you will get a reward in Halo Infinite for getting the Gilded Targetmaster skin in Halo 5: Guardians.

I look forward to hearing what other milestones 343i will use for rewards in Halo Infinite, and I hope the Targetmaster is one of them.
650 is really not that many wins... Assuming you have 18 months and each game is 10ish minutes.... Assuming you have a 50% win ratio. (Pretty fair). Lets say you play 2 hours a day. 3 days a week. That's 18 wins a week. 18 months is 78 weeks. 18 * 78 is 1404. That means 6 hours a week will net you around 2.2 times the required amount of wins. So 3 hours a week, you could still get it pretty easily..

Or you know. Just grind out 100 wins on a weekend. Do that 6.5 times.