Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Tell Me This Isn't The Flood

OP OneShot5186

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Listen between 15 - 20 seconds in this audio clip: https://content.halocdn.com/media/Default/community/blogs/343audio_infinitesfx_montage-07c91722fc2c4dad865ce36731ecf23d.wav… Tell me that isn't the flood. I can't imagine what else it could be. The Inside Infinite article also mentioned other factions besides the banished, plus we're on zeta halo...
That certainly sounds Flood-like. If not the flood then definitely something not friendly in the least
It isn't the Flood :P
Kidding aside, I can kinda see it but I would really rather it not be tbh. The focus of Infinite seems to be the banished, I feel like bringing the Flood back again would kinda take away from that as they would ultimately have to be the main focus again.
stckrboy wrote:
Kidding aside, I can kinda see it but I would really rather it not be tbh. The focus of Infinite seems to be the banished, I feel like bringing the Flood back again would kinda take away from that as they would ultimately have to be the main focus again.
That depends on how they are introduced and dealt with. If they make an appearance, they could be in a pre-proto-gravemind state. And with the Banished already proving to be seasoned in dealing with Flood outbreaks, they along with Halo's own defenses and whatever efforts you make against it could contain the outbreak before it becomes more than a minor bump in the story.

Even in CE I struggle to think of the Flood as the "main villain" of the game, like they more clearly were in 2 and 3, since the outbreak was contained to Alpha Halo and posed minimal immediate threat to the galaxy as a whole. Guilty Spark instead was the ultimate antagonist of that game, your primary goal towards the end was to stop him from firing Halo, not to stop the Flood, you just killed two birds with one stone.

Also the sounds could be Crawlers, if the Promethean make an appearance. They do make similar screeching and jittering sounds to the Flood at times.
stckrboy wrote:
Game takes place on one of the most important Halo rings in the lore, if there isnt flood then Im not sure what it could be. Halo 2 was focused on the Great Schism but there was still flood after we're introduced to the Heretic. Halo CE is focused on the Human Covenant war but the flood is released because of a "weapons cache." So I would not rule out the flood just because the game is focused on the Banished. It is entirely possible for the Escharum to accidentally release the flood like we saw in Halo Wars 2.
XbninjaXIV wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
Game takes place on one of the most important Halo rings in the lore, if there isnt flood then Im not sure what it could be. Halo 2 was focused on the Great Schism but there was still flood after we're introduced to the Heretic. Halo CE is focused on the Human Covenant war but the flood is released because of a "weapons cache." So I would not rule out the flood just because the game is focused on the Banished. It is entirely possible for the Escharum to accidentally release the flood like we saw in Halo Wars 2.
Assuming of course Zeta Halo even had Flood specimens still. It's possible it doesn't...
If its the Flood I am very happy, Halo is always at its best when there are multiple factions duking out at once. The added advantage is that the addition of the Flood doesn't need its own sandbox of weapons which lowers the chance that we end up with even more redundant clones. But if its not I won't be that disappointed, though given this particular ring's history it would sting more than most.

That being said I am going to be very miffed if the Prometheans get swept under the rug before we get to see them actually fight the Flood IE the thing they were designed to do.

EDIT: I could also imagine it being a reworked crawler or some other type of forerunner construct.
I'm starting to get seriously anxious about how hyped we are for the flood (myself included). If the game releases and they aren't there, a lot of us are going to have a very bitter taste in our mouths.
Gearetic wrote:
I'm starting to get seriously anxious about how hyped we are for the flood (myself included). If the game releases and they aren't there, a lot of us are going to have a very bitter taste in our mouths.
Don't worry too much about it. Getting disappointed whenever when we have an unconfirmed hunch or rumour is a classic Halo community move, happens all the time.
It honestly wouldn't be the Halo Community if we weren't mad at something like that.
Gearetic wrote:
Don't worry too much about it. Getting disappointed whenever when we have an unconfirmed hunch or rumour is a classic Halo community move, happens all the time.
It honestly wouldn't be the Halo Community if we weren't mad at something like that.
I realized that the hard way. Still, even if the flood were in the game, I highly doubt 343i would EVER confirm it before release. That kind of thing should at least be kept as a surprise. Underpromise, overdeliver - which is something the gaming industry just refuses to learn.
It does sound like it has the promethian shotgun pickup animation sound right after so this could just be random sounds or both of them are in the game.
Listen between 15 - 20 seconds in this audio clip: https://content.halocdn.com/media/Default/community/blogs/343audio_infinitesfx_montage-07c91722fc2c4dad865ce36731ecf23d.wav… Tell me that isn't the flood. I can't imagine what else it could be. The Inside Infinite article also mentioned other factions besides the banished, plus we're on zeta halo...
If you pay attention to the lore. Flood has to be on Zeta has it was a really important part of the flood/forerunner war
AnimeZoomy wrote:
It does sound like it has the promethian shotgun pickup animation sound right after so this could just be random sounds or both of them are in the game.
That or some Wildlife as well. I am not convinced that its the flood in the audio but I am all about the hype for it.I hope we see the flood return
stckrboy wrote:
kinda similar to the Mega Man X games. “Oh look new villain! oh wow they brought sigma back again.”

It would be cool if it was the flood, they are cool and having a possible 5 way war (UNSC, banished, flood, possibly sentinels, forerunners) would be epic
The audio in this clip, besides the screech at :17, sounds like something big and mechanical. Possibly a Banished Scarab. I hope there's a Scarab boss fight. It could also be Prometheans
crossing my fingers. Sounds like it could be flood but could also be wildlife? Certainly sounds hostile though.
Sounds a lot like a Promethean Knight to me. Remember, they like to scream at you for shooting them in the face.
If I had to guess it sounds like some sort of forerunner mega structure coming together with a shot of a beast in the foreground just hissing as the forerunner building comes alive maybe... kinda reminiscent of the Guardian sounds or I'm misremembering.
This got me even more hyped for Infinite. I know I really shouldn’t get my hopes up, but I hope to see the flood in Infinite.
Sounds pretty wildlife-like to me tbh. I definitely didn't think about flood hearing that sound.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2