Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Tell Me This Isn't The Flood

OP OneShot5186

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I don't equate that to the flood... but this on the other hand....
SMOK69KMK wrote:
Sounds pretty wildlife-like to me tbh. I definitely didn't think about flood hearing that sound.
I get that but at the same time I don’t think it’s wildlife. It sounds too unnatural and hostile, which goes against the fact that there isn’t hostile wildlife. I also listened to some H3 flood sounds and to me this sounds like an updated version of those sounds.
Sounds like Halo's defense system is dealing with some Flood or maybe it was a piano being destroyed or a pug.
What if that sound is just a Crawler? I thought I heard a Boltshot somewhere in that audio montage?
It's either the flood spores blowing up like they do, oor... Maybe a hunter taking short slow slow slow steps. My opinion though.
Listen between 15 - 20 seconds in this audio clip: https://content.halocdn.com/media/Default/community/blogs/343audio_infinitesfx_montage-07c91722fc2c4dad865ce36731ecf23d.wav… Tell me that isn't the flood. I can't imagine what else it could be. The Inside Infinite article also mentioned other factions besides the banished, plus we're on zeta halo...
where'd you get this audio from?
Listen between 15 - 20 seconds in this audio clip: https://content.halocdn.com/media/Default/community/blogs/343audio_infinitesfx_montage-07c91722fc2c4dad865ce36731ecf23d.wav… Tell me that isn't the flood. I can't imagine what else it could be. The Inside Infinite article also mentioned other factions besides the banished, plus we're on zeta halo...
where'd you get this audio from?
It’s linked in the newest Inside Infinite article.
Lockshot wrote:
^This,the Piano sounds are sounding much more like Flood.The sound OP is pointing out is likely wildlife,it is the sound from Tasmanian Devil like they wrote in the post.
I really , really want the flood in this game. Halo Zeta is prime suspect for flood. hell it had the primordial / the old one on it.Its origins are that this ring was like the first ring, it was much much larger originally b4 it was cutt down after the forerunner war and it orbits a planet that can hold life, the only halo ring infact that does that, all others orbit a gas giant. The reasons for this are unknown, so yeh there is sooo much mystery around this ring. In the books it is said there may be flood on zeta halo as all halo rings studied the flood for future outbreaks.
Cortana at the last fight in halo 5 talks to master chief and says near enough spot on what gravemind said back in halo 3. There are so many hints to the floods return, even more so in the most recent point of light book.

If 343i just wanted us to only fight the Banished they could pick any other typical halo ring, but no they picked Zeta halo the most important one of them all lol.
Sure the game has the banished, but there no reason the flood can't turn up right at the end of the game. This is a live service game after all, they can have there return at the end of the game and focus on them more in later dlc.
That definitely sounds like the Flood. After all, Zeta Halo has lore about at least 10 active proto graveminds.
don't just assume it could be wildlife or something new
Hars to say, but I would go with wildlife over the Flood.
It might be prometheans.
Sounds pretty forerunner to me.
stckrboy wrote:
It isn't the Flood :P
Kidding aside, I can kinda see it but I would really rather it not be tbh. The focus of Infinite seems to be the banished, I feel like bringing the Flood back again would kinda take away from that as they would ultimately have to be the main focus again.
I'm not to be sure about that.
Halo 1 the focus was on the covenant until the flood appear. I'm sure both could co exist like past halo's.
WerepyreND wrote:
If its the Flood I am very happy, Halo is always at its best when there are multiple factions duking out at once. The added advantage is that the addition of the Flood doesn't need its own sandbox of weapons which lowers the chance that we end up with even more redundant clones. But if its not I won't be that disappointed, though given this particular ring's history it would sting more than most.

That being said I am going to be very miffed if the Prometheans get swept under the rug before we get to see them actually fight the Flood IE the thing they were designed to do.

EDIT: I could also imagine it being a reworked crawler or some other type of forerunner construct.
I'm agree with that, Prometheans were supposed to fight the flood, we need to see that !

I have the impression that 343 wanted to replace the floods by the prometheans. They are ancien forerunners and humans turned in mecha monsters. But nothing can replace the flood !

For the audio, I think the sound can be absolutely anything
Lockshot wrote:
^This,the Piano sounds are sounding much more like Flood.The sound OP is pointing out is likely wildlife,it is the sound from Tasmanian Devil like they wrote in the post.
Imagine pitch-shifting that down an octave or so into a slow, deep, gutteral grave mind type noise. Same with the video of the pug they recorded. Modulate the heck out of those sounds for some creepy fun grave mind stuff. Then leave the clean audio for the regular screams of the flood forms. Like how they manipulated Johnson's dialog in Halo CE to get the Elite's iconic audio.
The noises sound very mechanical and heavy. That weird roar near the beginning even sounded like a Reaper from Mass Effect. My money is on the Prometheans. Maybe they’re beefing them up a bit more, making them something to be feared. It would make since in the context of the Created uprising. Making the player feel the stakes of the universe they now inhabit through gameplay.
I hope they return but I’m not getting my hopes up in case they don’t have a appearance
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2