I really hope that there are Terminal videos like in Halo: CE Anniversary, Halo 2 Anniversary and Halo 4. But like Halo 3, I would like it if playing on Legendary difficulty revealed extra/alternate fiction.
Terminals are always a good thing. In terms of the format. If prefer they be done in a first person, record firm. Like the halo 3 terminals or the recorded ones from halo 5 only better written. Think found footage style.
Terminals are always a good thing. In terms of the format. If prefer they be done in a first person, record firm. Like the halo 3 terminals or the recorded ones from halo 5 only better written. Think found footage style.
Okay. But I still want extra content for Legendary difficulty.
Terminals are cool, but only if they go for the Halo 3 route of having them be integrated directly into the game itself. Don't boot me into Halo Waypoint just so I can watch a 1 minute clip.

The found footage style terminals idea proposed by Spectre might have merit. Imagine all terminal besically being the recording of a squad of marines/ODSTs/Spartans. It starts with them crashing on Zata Halo a short while before the Chief, continues with them exploring the ring while evading <insert Infinite's main antagonist here>, before ending with them stumbling onto something (the Flood maybe, would be a cool CE callback).
Okay. But I still want extra content for Legendary difficulty.
Agreed
Terminals are cool, but only if they go for the Halo 3 route of having them be integrated directly into the game itself. Don't boot me into Halo Waypoint just so I can watch a 1 minute clip.

The found footage style terminals idea proposed by Spectre might have merit. Imagine all terminal besically being the recording of a squad of marines/ODSTs/Spartans. It starts with them crashing on Zata Halo a short while before the Chief, continues with them exploring the ring while evading <insert Infinite's main antagonist here>, before ending with them stumbling onto something (the Flood maybe, would be a cool CE callback).
Like the idea of following marines stranded on the ring. I was also thinking recordings of Menicant Bias (this is Zeta Halo after all) detailing his time and doings on the Ring during the war.

Like the idea of following marines stranded on the ring. I was also thinking recordings of Menicant Bias (this is Zeta Halo after all) detailing his time and doings on the Ring during the war.
Oh yeah, some Medicant Bias would definately be welcome, but I'd much rather he have a more direct role in Infinite rather than just being limited to Terminals ala Halo 3. Either way, Zeta Halo is ripe with opportunity for lore tidbits that can be shared via Terminals.
I love terminals, hope there's plenty of them in Infinite.
To be honest I'd love to see mix of audio logs and terminals carn't beat Sadie story in Halo 3 ODST along with the origin story some of the terminals give.

Oh yeah, some Medicant Bias would definately be welcome, but I'd much rather he have a more direct role in Infinite rather than just being limited to Terminals ala Halo 3. Either way, Zeta Halo is ripe with opportunity for lore tidbits that can be shared via Terminals.
I completely agree with wanting MB being a main player in the campaign but honestly I'm not holding out to much hope. From the past few games it seems like 343 isn't very interested in the old lore of Halo - Kinda like how when Disney bought Stars Wars they relegated the extended fiction to "Legends" status. I'm not saying this is what 343 will do with Infinite but I just feel like they are more interested in telling new stories with new characters etc and leaving old characters to extended fiction. However, seeing as we are 95% likely ending up on Zeta Halo (I'm waiting on official confirmation) who knows. We may just see some of these old characters come back - Mind you MB was buried on the Ark so that adds to my doubts he will be in the game outside of terminals or just be mentioned in the game.

What I've always wanted to see is the battle between MB and Offensive Bias prior to the firing of the rings and post firing. Which would work great as a terminal or split between two.

I completely agree with wanting MB being a main player in the campaign but honestly I'm not holding out to much hope. From the past few games it seems like 343 isn't very interested in the old lore of Halo - Kinda like how when Disney bought Stars Wars they relegated the extended fiction to "Legends" status. I'm not saying this is what 343 will do with Infinite but I just feel like they are more interested in telling new stories with new characters etc and leaving old characters to extended fiction. However, seeing as we are 95% likely ending up on Zeta Halo (I'm waiting on official confirmation) who knows. We may just see some of these old characters come back - Mind you MB was buried on the Ark so that adds to my doubts he will be in the game outside of terminals or just be mentioned in the game.

What I've always wanted to see is the battle between MB and Offensive Bias prior to the firing of the rings and post firing. Which would work great as a terminal or split between two.
True, but unlike Disney, the Extended Universe is canon. Plus even Bungie didn't think the books counted. Only the games. 343 Industries actually made the fiction outside the games count. And that's why I love Halo. So much lore, so much fiction. All connected. The knowledge. So much! So fast! It's glorious!