Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

That grapple hook doesn’t belong...

OP God Rohan

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
Titles says it all... aside from it looking like LEGO wtf is that hook? This is supposed to be halo not assassins creed or sekiro ect. like whyyyyyy that suit weighs soooo much no wrist hook can zip line it like that???? Not to mention the physics of him flying towards that elite like that ? The physics don’t make sense... I cannot express my sadness enough. Sony did god of war 4 justice why can’t Microsoft do the same for halo :(
God Rohan wrote:
I feel like they put it in their because they removed sprint...
but they didnt remove sprint?
Sprint is in the game, and yeah, the grapple hook doesn't work. This isn't Doom or Batman. This is meant to be Halo.
God Rohan wrote:
I feel like they put it in their because they removed sprint...
but they didnt remove sprint?
I missed it completely, thank you that’s a good thing then at least.
The gameplay feels cool and fun. Like the one in DOOM Eternal.Complaints are ridiculous.
The gameplay feels cool and fun. Like the one in DOOM Eternal.Complaints are ridiculous.
If I wanted to play Doom Eternal, I'd go play it. If I wanted to play Destiny, I'd go play it.
The gameplay feels cool and fun. Like the one in DOOM Eternal.Complaints are ridiculous.
I dunno man... I got the opposite feeling I was hoping for a next gen title something worthy you know? Not this :(
It was out of place even in AC revelations which is why they never used it again, let alone in halo
Sprint never belonged in Halo but here we are...
Yeah the grapple hook is....eh. It could be removed, that'd be great.
Sprint never belonged in Halo but here we are...
Not the originals maybe. But certainly future titles he’s a killing machine! gonna tell me he never learned to run?
God Rohan wrote:
The gameplay feels cool and fun. Like the one in DOOM Eternal.Complaints are ridiculous.
I dunno man... I got the opposite feeling I was hoping for a next gen title something worthy you know? Not this :(
Why were you hoping for a next gen title ? Halo Infinite has always been a current gen release. I'm a little disappointed too, but I never expected a true next gen experience from Halo Infinite as it's not a next gen game. People got their hopes too high imo.
eviltedi wrote:
God Rohan wrote:
The gameplay feels cool and fun. Like the one in DOOM Eternal.Complaints are ridiculous.
I dunno man... I got the opposite feeling I was hoping for a next gen title something worthy you know? Not this :(
Why were you hoping for a next gen title ? Halo Infinite has always been a current gen release. I'm a little disappointed too, but I never expected a true next gen experience from Halo Infinite as it's not a next gen game. People got their hopes too high imo.
Yeah I get that but it’s almost a downgrade halo 5 and gears 5 looked better then this....
The grappling hook is a fresh addition. And it fills a slot that's overridden by other equipment so I don't think it'll be a starter in standard multiplayer gametypes.
God Rohan wrote:
Sprint never belonged in Halo but here we are...
Not the originals maybe. But certainly future titles he’s a killing machine! gonna tell me he never learned to run?
I can tell you the same about grappling hooks, are you telling me they never invented those in the future? Why a Spartan shouldn't use one? it's not unrealistic, it's a killing machine after all.
I'm not saying I'm in favor of grappling hook, actually I'm neutral, what I'm against is the bloom, the awful weapon design and the sprint and clamber mechanics, I'm afraid the multiplayer maps will suffer a lot because of this
God Rohan wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
God Rohan wrote:
The gameplay feels cool and fun. Like the one in DOOM Eternal.Complaints are ridiculous.
I dunno man... I got the opposite feeling I was hoping for a next gen title something worthy you know? Not this :(
Why were you hoping for a next gen title ? Halo Infinite has always been a current gen release. I'm a little disappointed too, but I never expected a true next gen experience from Halo Infinite as it's not a next gen game. People got their hopes too high imo.
Yeah I get that but it’s almost a downgrade halo 5 and gears 5 looked better then this....
I'm not so sure. I just watched another stream and it looks better. I believe the Xbox stream was only 1080p, I thought it was the stream that was low quality. I still think some players got over hyped, including myself. But when you look at it for what it is, it's cross gen title that has been designed to run on old day one Xbox consoles. It will look better on Series X though.

As for the grappling hook, I'm ok with that if it adds to the fun of the game. I'm a little biased though, I love advanced mobility in games like Titanfall, we'll see how it works when we get to use it.
God Rohan wrote:
Sprint never belonged in Halo but here we are...
Not the originals maybe. But certainly future titles he’s a killing machine! gonna tell me he never learned to run?
I can tell you the same about grappling hooks, are you telling me they never invented those in the future? Why a Spartan shouldn't use one? it's not unrealistic, it's a killing machine after all.
I'm not saying I'm in favor of grappling hook, actually I'm neutral, what I'm against is the bloom, the awful weapon design and the sprint and clamber mechanics, I'm afraid the multiplayer maps will suffer a lot because of this
Well the physics of the elite hook and punch are unrealistic future or not lol. But I agree with the weapon design. After reading your point though I came to the realisation they may put that damn hook in multiplayer... sad times indeed.
I'd rather have a jetpack
Hijacking vehicles isnt halo
Duel wielding isn't halo
Equipment isnt halo
Grappling hooks isnt halo.

See a trend?
Hijacking vehicles isnt halo
Duel wielding isn't halo
Equipment isnt halo
Grappling hooks isnt halo.

See a trend?
The thing is all of those don't force the maps or the campaign to be designed around those mechanics, they are there to spice the gameplay, to experience the campaign or the multiplayer in a different way depending on the item, vehicler or weapon that the map has; dual-wielding sucks? then you can just spawn two-handed weapons or make them more rare to appear, hijacking doesn't feel cool? then disable the option in the gamemode options or just don't spawn vehicles on the map or learn to drive equipment seems OP? if you can't nerf it just don't put them on the map and that's it.

With grappling hook (sprint and clamber) it's different because they will have to design the maps around that thing, imagine traying to play Asylum or Pinnacle with that thing, the map would feel "small" due to the new mechanic, so they will have to make the map bigger to compensate for that, like they did in Halo 5's Heretic, making the normal traversal around the map slower, forcing you to use the grappling hook if you want to go top speed. There are many videos that show how the maps suffer because of spartan abilities, Halo 3's and 5's traversal in Heretic are the best example when it comes to explaining this issue.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9