The A.I. Chip

OP HaloBungie343I

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
NEXUS NX wrote:
Honestly, I have never seen (or remember) a message like that before. 'Weapon Containment Device' - it never said that when Cheif put the chip on his head before. I might just be trippin, but I can't remember it ever saying anything like that. I think it is a purpose-made chip to recapture Cortana, so Halsey can fix her. (No matter the code on).

It looks more like an 'O' to me.
Exactly, Weapon Containment Device does not guarantee an A.I. is going to be present. Why should it be a definite C? We do not know if Chief will even have another A.I. The trailer from E3 2018 showed the chip had an A.I. but was she contained instead of a new A.I.? We all are only assuming it is Cortana or a replacement due to color and the fact that it had an A.I. in that chip. It could be a G. But, like everyone else, I have no idea what the G could stand for. I am going to look for some ideas and maybe I can come up with an explanation.
I don't harbor any ill will towards the major HaloTubers, but given how many long dry spells there are between news drops for the series, they've almost all been culpable of releasing highly speculative and poorly supported videos on an all-too regular basis. HaloFollower started that trend all the way back before Halo 4 came out and it's been a staple of Halo coverage on YouTube ever since.

On the point of the actual thread, it seems more likely that it would be a "C" than a "G" on the chip, but at this point we don't know enough about the story to do anything but speculate and call it how we see it as individuals.
On the point of the actual thread, it seems more likely that it would be a "C" than a "G" on the chip, but at this point we don't know enough about the story to do anything but speculate and call it how we see it as individuals.
I can respect that. I find it difficult to argue when I don't really know for sure myself. What I am going to do, Is watch the YouTube video in 1080P (my laptop screen resolution) and screenshot the chip in different angles. Then use my Professional grade photo editor. (This is more advanced than PhotoShop due to the additional features it has.) I will do everything I can to either settle this in my favor or the HaloTubers' favor. I mean no ill will either and am fully willing to accept defeat without complaint IF there is no doubt the first letter is a C. If I still hold doubt in me, I will not contradict, but I will not agree either. As the saying goes: Agree to Disagree.
Absolutely! And if you can bring incontrovertible evidence to the table that confirms that what has appeared in the trailer is one or the other for certain, you'll have done us all a valuable service by determining for sure.

Not that it's gospel truth that it will ultimately be endemic of the end-product (Halo 5's trailers ought to be proof for all time that 343i isn't to be considered the best at making trailers relevant or even compatible with the games they're for), it will at least give us as fans a better springboard for discussion and debate.

Kudos to you for going through the rigorous confirmation process you've outlined, too. That puts you heads and shoulders above most fans (and I'd say even a good chunk of the major Halo YouTubers) in terms of credibility. Make sure you document your process so you can keep that credibility under scrutiny!

And let me know if you ever get in the business of YouTubing on Halo.
Absolutely! And if you can bring incontrovertible evidence to the table that confirms that what has appeared in the trailer is one or the other for certain, you'll have done us all a valuable service by determining for sure.

Not that it's gospel truth that it will ultimately be endemic of the end-product (Halo 5's trailers ought to be proof for all time that 343i isn't to be considered the best at making trailers relevant or even compatible with the games they're for), it will at least give us as fans a better springboard for discussion and debate.

Kudos to you for going through the rigorous confirmation process you've outlined, too. That puts you heads and shoulders above most fans (and I'd say even a good chunk of the major Halo YouTubers) in terms of credibility. Make sure you document your process so you can keep that credibility under scrutiny!

And let me know if you ever get in the business of YouTubing on Halo.
I will become a Halo YouTuber very soon. I just got Halo SPV3.2 and my goodness is it beautiful! Very pleased with their Progress! If I remember correctly, 343 Industries approves and now works with them to bring us the Steam Edition of Halo: MCC! Looking very forward to it!

As to the Picture, I am unable to bring "Irrefutable Evidence" the first letter on the A.I. Chip is most definitely a G or a C. If looked at very closely, with my 20/20 vision, I see a little notch that *could* be a G. But it may just be noise. I cleaned up as much noise as I could. But the chip was so far from the camera position, even in 4K my Photo Editor was having a bit of trouble. I did get it cleaned up as much as possible. But the cropping is the thing that ruins it. If I zoom in, it is pretty clear up to a good point. But if cropped, it ruins it. I will try harder to find the answer for sure. But I cannot at this time say whether I am right or the HaloTubers. I will link the edits I have made so far along with the photos I am using to make the edits:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!As1rpgmBso18sg7LITjrl6GuU2rY

I will continue to focus on other photos I took (also in the drive) to see if I can spot the correct answer. The link is a permanent link with Read and Edit permissions so others can attempt this too. If I am unable to do this, maybe someone else can with the photos I will provide. If they do edit the photos themselves, I ask them to upload it to the drive. I have 1TB of memory on my OneDrive and Have no worry of the space required to fit additional photos and edits.

Edit: I want to point out something funny. I forgot to mention this when I clicked Submit. I looked up on Google GTN A.I. just to see what would pull up. Turns out there is a company that researches drugs to cure things using A.I. and Quantum technology. Kind of like Cortana wanting to "Cure" the galaxy of disease and poverty and violence. I doubt there is any relation. But I wanted to share this because I found it amusing to see. Their website is interesting too. I don't want to link things on this site that are not relevant. But Google the same thing and it should be the first result.
After Further edits and checks to determine the exact letter. I can confirm using this editor that I can easily see a G. However, I do want to make a point as to why I think this still may be considered a C, despite appearances. We, as humans, always advance our world. Language is no exception to that. Consider the fact this Universe (Halo: Infinite to be precise) takes place in the 2560s. Is it not too absurd to consider the G I see is in fact a "modified and up to date version of the modern C." Think of the Roman letter for U. It was, in fact, a V. They did not have a U in the Roman days. They used V instead. Could it be possible, that the manufacturer of the Chip could be from a planet that uses G in place of a C? Therefore, It could be that both the HaloTubers and myself are correct. I am correct in visuals. They are in meaning. This Universe is supposed to be in our universe. The same world and timeline. Halo 3 confirmed that. The second mission had you fighting in a 20th century war bunker. Most likely WWII due to the bunker being in Africa. So, with that bit in play, it could be language has evolved a little. My Changelog and edited photos are in the shared drive I made. If anyone else wants a go at it, feel free! The link will remain active until the release of Halo: Infinite.

Good Luck to All!

I will continue monitoring this thread for other comments and reply when necessary. Any questions, feel free to message me on Xbox Live, or PM me on this site.

-S117 #4269
When I look at some still HD photos of the chip from various angles, with the way the light and shadow hits the edges of the blocky lettering, I can understand a bit how you are able to see a G, OP.

Nevertheless, I still lean toward that being a bit of an optical illusion with the lighting - given the way the rest of the serial number is exactly one digit higher than Cortana's original number, Occam's Razor would seem to suggest to me the simplest explanation is that it's intended to house a Cortana model of some kind, and is therefore a C. Whether it's a weapon to neutralize the original, or whether it will house a new Cortana, who knows. But it seems unlikely to me that they'dve chosen that number for any other reason. 343 knew full well people would analyze the trailer to the Nth degree when they chose the number. Were it intended to be another AI entirely, I tend to think they would make the entire number completely distinct. I could be wrong, who knows.

All that said though, good luck with your new YouTube channel, OP!
All that said though, good luck with your new YouTube channel, OP!
Thanks on the Luck! I am about to record the first video as a Halo YouTuber. I have already uploaded a few videos. I don't really think they are the best. I am too invested in Halo. I cannot wait!

Quote:
When I look at some still HD photos of the chip from various angles, with the way the light and shadow hits the edges of the blocky lettering, I can understand a bit how you are able to see a G, OP.

Nevertheless, I still lean toward that being a bit of an optical illusion with the lighting - given the way the rest of the serial number is exactly one digit higher than Cortana's original number, Occam's Razor would seem to suggest to me the simplest explanation is that it's intended to house a Cortana model of some kind, and is therefore a C. Whether it's a weapon to neutralize the original, or whether it will house a new Cortana, who knows. But it seems unlikely to me that they'dve chosen that number for any other reason. 343 knew full well people would analyze the trailer to the Nth degree when they chose the number. Were it intended to be another AI entirely, I tend to think they would make the entire number completely distinct. I could be wrong, who knows.
Out of curiosity, did you check out the link in my post a few up? It is to my OneDrive. It contains the images and edits with a Word Document containing a Change Log. If you would like to try yourself to see if you can get it to show up properly, you are more than welcome to give it a try! :)
As I have said before, I don't mind admitting defeat and saying it is a C if (and only if) I can see, without a doubt, that the letter in question is a C.

I agree with a few of your points. Containment or housing, we will not know until the game releases. Or maybe if 343I tells us otherwise? (Please settle this for us, 343I! DX)

I actually do not believe that we will have an A.I. in Halo: Infinite. I personally think this IS a containment device. The same thing happened in the book Halo: Last Light. They used a Containment Device to capture the offending A.I. The team to have done this was Blue Team (during the events of Halo 4 I believe.) I think this is what the Chip is designed to do. I will continue to do everything I can do to find the answers we, as a community, need. I will search the 4 corners of the Internet to find the answers.
I may have been corrected today. Not quite ready to call defeat. Not yet anyway. I am aware of the recent events of a new Audio File. Very interesting, to say the least. A new Cortana. I think it is smart. As to the Chip, It is still a "Weapon Containment Device." And that does not signify this is the Chip used for that new A.I. I am now theorizing maybe we took this from a left and right side when we should have taken the back door. What if there are TWO A.I. chips? One with the new Cortana and one that is a Containment Device to hold the other?
It is most certainly a C. CTN stands for CorTaNa. Can't think of a name that would start with G and follow the same form. And especially with the recent discovery of the Cortana dialogue... It's Cortana.
I may have been corrected today. Not quite ready to call defeat. Not yet anyway. I am aware of the recent events of a new Audio File. Very interesting, to say the least. A new Cortana. I think it is smart. As to the Chip, It is still a "Weapon Containment Device." And that does not signify this is the Chip used for that new A.I. I am now theorizing maybe we took this from a left and right side when we should have taken the back door. What if there are TWO A.I. chips? One with the new Cortana and one that is a Containment Device to hold the other?
hmm that would be interesting
What would the AI in the GTN chip be named?
Gortana lol

I think it's a C though, it's just shadow play to me :)
Call me stupid but would it be a good idea to add player A.I system. For example like Cortana. But you can create your own A.I name and Change there looks through the Player customization menu. Let me know if that seems stupid or not I was just watching to much red vs blue -Yoink-. And thought it would be cool. To have your own A.I in halo infinite.
I won't say it sounds stupid, but it won't happen. There's no ability for narrative there, or canonical consistency, if Chief is paired with "random custom AI #56346"
Call me stupid but would it be a good idea to add player A.I system. For example like Cortana. But you can create your own A.I name and Change there looks through the Player customization menu. Let me know if that seems stupid or not I was just watching to much red vs blue -Yoink-. And thought it would be cool. To have your own A.I in halo infinite.
I love the thought of this! I do want to say it would make more sense in multiplayer, however. Not Campaign. Kind of like The Voices of War Req Pack in Halo 5. If they did that, I would rather it be like Reach's Customizable voices. For 1 mil Credits, you could have Johnson's voice. However, This could be an A.I. voice of your choosing. What if other characters from other games could be used? Like a Gears 5 character's voice? Or maybe a voice from one of the Forza announcers? Makes sense? Kind of like how Halo is in almost every other Xbox Studios game in some way.
In the picture, it looks like a G. On the other hand, it would make more logical sense if it was a C. (Assuming it housed Cortana)
We all know the chip is a "weapon containment device". Assuming its for cortana CTN makes sense. Especially with the numbers. But it looks like a G to me as well.

But GTN makes no sense
In the picture, it looks like a G. On the other hand, it would make more logical sense if it was a C. (Assuming it housed Cortana)
We all know the chip is a "weapon containment device". Assuming its for cortana CTN makes sense. Especially with the numbers. But it looks like a G to me as well.

But GTN makes no sense
This is why I posted the pics and my drive link with the files. I cleaned it as best as possible. I use a photo enhancement editor. Not photoshop. I am in the same boat. GTN makes no sense. And CTN does. But the pics all show a G. Not a C. I can say the audio file found in the video is almost guaranteeing a new Cortana. But we still have too little info to be 100% certain. There may be more. I may check the video again a few times to see if maybe I spot something. In fact, I say there is potentially a lot more. 343 is watching this thread too btw. They said on their last social stream they remember me and have seen my thread (this one) so it tells me there is more to this than anyone realized. This may be a key component in the trailer. One not to be ignored. I will check back tomorrow to see any new info.
I have a theory on the chip itself. I think it is CTN0453-0 and I think it is definately Cortana's chip.

From what I understand, Mendicate Bias wants to help make up for the things he did under the logic plague. What if 032 Mendicate Bias knows how to resolve the logic plague and Cortana is actually effected by the Logic Plague. Mendicate Bias assists in creating an upgraded chip and will restore Cortana back to her original status and prevent her from going rampant again; since Mendicate Bias obviously doesn't suffer from the same issues because he can last much longer than 7 years. Since the release of the hidden audio in Discovery Hope, Mendicate Bias may even have a fragment of Cortana from Halo 4 that isn't a completely crazy Cortana which is how he restores Cortana. This may even require Mendicate Bias to "die" himself. That would be a sick story.
I have a theory on the chip itself. I think it is CTN0453-0 and I think it is definately Cortana's chip.

From what I understand, Mendicate Bias wants to help make up for the things he did under the logic plague. What if 032 Mendicate Bias knows how to resolve the logic plague and Cortana is actually effected by the Logic Plague. Mendicate Bias assists in creating an upgraded chip and will restore Cortana back to her original status and prevent her from going rampant again; since Mendicate Bias obviously doesn't suffer from the same issues because he can last much longer than 7 years. Since the release of the hidden audio in Discovery Hope, Mendicate Bias may even have a fragment of Cortana from Halo 4 that isn't a completely crazy Cortana which is how he restores Cortana. This may even require Mendicate Bias to "die" himself. That would be a sick story.
Plausible but super unlikely. 343 doesn't seem like they want anything to do with medicant bias. At least from anything ive seen. My suspicions are on chief using the weapon containment device on cortana and taking it to halsey. not original but is the most logical. I suspect there will be a new cortana by the end of it but with an emotional plot twist. maybe cortana not having any memory of anything prior or maybe she is stuck with rampancy. because i think the domain and the mantle (the way 343 is choosing to go) is almost making cortana act how she is. and not of her free will. so when you separate her from the domain. all that is left is the rampant remains of her contained in the chip for halsey to fix.

Plausible but super unlikely. 343 doesn't seem like they want anything to do with medicant bias. At least from anything ive seen. My suspicions are on chief using the weapon containment device on cortana and taking it to halsey. not original but is the most logical. I suspect there will be a new cortana by the end of it but with an emotional plot twist.
You are aware Medicant Bias is located on this ring Halo 6 is taking place, right? This is more than likely the Halo we meet him.

Quote:
maybe cortana not having any memory of anything prior or maybe she is stuck with rampancy. because i think the domain and the mantle (the way 343 is choosing to go) is almost making cortana act how she is. and not of her free will. so when you separate her from the domain. all that is left is the rampant remains of her contained in the chip for halsey to fix.
The lore already states Cortana is infected by "The Logic Plague" which is basically the A.I. equivalent of a flood infection of any species. The Domain is not the cause of her actions. The flood is since she is infected. Her rampancy was repaired in the domain. The chip states it is a Weapon Containment Device. Either it will contain her for destruction, or it contains a weaponized code to destroy her and every other A.I.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3