Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

The A.I. Chip

OP HaloBungie343I

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Moslty, I just want Cortana back the way she was. I hope the hidden audio and the reveal of the chip's sereial number isn't just a tease of what is going to happen to Cortana. Her banter and quick retorts in the first 3 games were always a little pick me up and you noticed when she was silent for a while. It also enabled a contract when you were Chief or Arbitor in H2.
Andrew Del Rio wants to know your location
Moslty, I just want Cortana back the way she was. I hope the hidden audio and the reveal of the chip's sereial number isn't just a tease of what is going to happen to Cortana. Her banter and quick retorts in the first 3 games were always a little pick me up and you noticed when she was silent for a while. It also enabled a contract when you were Chief or Arbitor in H2.
We are expecting another Cortana. Not the original. But that is still a rumor. Same as the Halo 1 Cortana though.
We are expecting another Cortana. Not the original. But that is still a rumor. Same as the Halo 1 Cortana though.
I'm not expecting another Cortana. I'm expecting something 343 to do something to restore the original somehow. Literally none of my personal theories have a "new" Cortana. Granted I could be wrong.
I'm not expecting another Cortana. I'm expecting something 343 to do something to restore the original somehow. Literally none of my personal theories have a "new" Cortana. Granted I could be wrong.
To be frank, we all could be wrong. For all we know, this is an entire ruse to get us thinking about the completely wrong thing. That is why we need to come together as a community to discuss this. Personally, I feel the reason for the voice was just like in Halo: First Light. That book actually takes place after Halo 5, if I am not mistaken. I am currently reading it. Here is what I know so far: (do not read if you plan to or are reading the book. And do not spoil anything beyond what I write unless you place it in a spoiler box.)

Spoiler:
Show
This is all I know so far. Maybe this is where it allis tested. Where the "weapon containment device" is tested. Then again, the spartan's back has a section for a weapon like a nuke. So that also can be the location of a nuke that was set off that destroyed Zeta Halo. I can ask 343I during today's social stream, but I am unsure they would tell. They would like us in suspense! 😄
To be frank, we all could be wrong. For all we know, this is an entire ruse to get us thinking about the completely wrong thing. That is why we need to come together as a community to discuss this. Personally, I feel the reason for the voice was just like in Halo: First Light. That book actually takes place after Halo 5, if I am not mistaken. I am currently reading it. Here is what I know so far: (do not read if you plan to or are reading the book. And do not spoil anything beyond what I write unless you place it in a spoiler box.)

Spoiler:
Show
This is all I know so far. Maybe this is where it allis tested. Where the "weapon containment device" is tested. Then again, the spartan's back has a section for a weapon like a nuke. So that also can be the location of a nuke that was set off that destroyed Zeta Halo. I can ask 343I during today's social stream, but I am unsure they would tell. They would like us in suspense! 😄
That is interesting. I haven't read any of the books since the first few to come out. I keep up with the lore through videos and other sources.

Spoiler:
Show
That is interesting. I haven't read any of the books since the first few to come out. I keep up with the lore through videos and other sources.
A lot of things that will happen or are happening in the background can be found through the expanded lore. But only the lore endorsed by 343I or Bungie. The first book (in terms of timeline) was Halo: Broken Circle. This book is the beginning of the Sangheli/San-shyum war. Then there are two books coming in September and October.

Spoiler:
Show
A lot of things that will happen or are happening in the background can be found through the expanded lore. But only the lore endorsed by 343I or Bungie. The first book (in terms of timeline) was Halo: Broken Circle. This book is the beginning of the Sangheli/San-shyum war. Then there are two books coming in September and October.
Cool, thanks for the info. I may check it out but unfortunately the "requirement" to read the books and explore the expanded lore were a big flaw in Halo 5. I hope they don't plan on making that same mistake in Halo Infinite because most of the casual players who are Halo game fans won't pick up on the subtle hints and things dropped.

Spoiler:
Show
Cool, thanks for the info. I may check it out but unfortunately the "requirement" to read the books and explore the expanded lore were a big flaw in Halo 5. I hope they don't plan on making that same mistake in Halo Infinite because most of the casual players who are Halo game fans won't pick up on the subtle hints and things dropped.
I know. Not everyone likes to read. I find gaming for a long time kind of... well.... boring. Maybe it is my age or something. I love gaming. But, I hate to say it, as I get further into adulthood, I find it harder to play do to the youger generations constantly being rude or inconsiderate of others. While I lived through the MW2 Lobbies and was finding them quite enjoyable. Today, it seems most kids would rather do or say things I find incredulous. Lile in Siege, kids are like "no shotguns, no shields, no this or that, and I am now finding myself warning the party before the game starts "Listen to me. If the developer set it in the game, do not ask me not to use it. I will do whatever it takes to win." And it gets so annoying that I log off and simply read. I read, relax, and enjoy the peace. Right now I am almost dine with the book. We will see if it can give me info on the chip.

Spoiler:
Show
I know. Not everyone likes to read. I find gaming for a long time kind of... well.... boring. Maybe it is my age or something. I love gaming. But, I hate to say it, as I get further into adulthood, I find it harder to play do to the youger generations constantly being rude or inconsiderate of others. While I lived through the MW2 Lobbies and was finding them quite enjoyable. Today, it seems most kids would rather do or say things I find incredulous. Lile in Siege, kids are like "no shotguns, no shields, no this or that, and I am now finding myself warning the party before the game starts "Listen to me. If the developer set it in the game, do not ask me not to use it. I will do whatever it takes to win." And it gets so annoying that I log off and simply read. I read, relax, and enjoy the peace. Right now I am almost dine with the book. We will see if it can give me info on the chip.
I completely understand what you mean! I've been playing games since the late 90's so I've seen the evolution from single player or single console coop to the birth of the online movement to the modern day every game being online to some capacity or another. The more internet in games we've seen, the more I get annoyed by children playing games their parents should have never purchased for them. Now I'm almost 30 with a wife and 2 kids so I don't get to play that much anymore and I've become much more picky about which games I will take the time to play or even purchase. That is why I want Halo Infinite to be such a great game because it is one of my favorite game series of all time and I want it to be something I will want to get! I unwind by reading too, but I mostly read Star Wars books because I want to know how episode 9 is going to go.

Spoiler:
Show
I completely understand what you mean! I've been playing games since the late 90's so I've seen the evolution from single player or single console coop to the birth of the online movement to the modern day every game being online to some capacity or another. The more internet in games we've seen, the more I get annoyed by children playing games their parents should have never purchased for them. Now I'm almost 30 with a wife and 2 kids so I don't get to play that much anymore and I've become much more picky about which games I will take the time to play or even purchase. That is why I want Halo Infinite to be such a great game because it is one of my favorite game series of all time and I want it to be something I will want to get! I unwind by reading too, but I mostly read Star Wars books because I want to know how episode 9 is going to go.
I will pm you to discuss the Star Wars books. But those are off topic for here. As to the A.I. Chip, I am finishing the book today. We will see how it goes. But it is very interesting so far. I am almost wowed by the potential ending I see. The good news is we already know Halo will have a Campaign. So that is good. We know the art style is improved. It looks new and cleaned up. But still maintains that older style we remember. Almost a matte version of Halo 5's armor with a good touch of Halo 1's styling. And the opening sequence is already very amazing. I hope it launches on November 15th, 2020. I think we all would be pleased. I will post again in several hours if I come to any conclusions as to what is a possible meaning to the number on the chip. Whether it is a C or G, may make no difference. I guess we will see!
I totally agree with what you guys are saying like I know Damn well it would hard to add voice to our characters because you know it’s our characters we created them with a part of us in them. So having an A.I. would be a tricky move. And I like what y’all are saying about haveing the A.I. and using the Voices from halo reach and Halo 5. I loved that feature But bringing those voices to that A.I. chip could open up so many possibilities . Such as trying to hack into something our calling initial back. And idk maybe having an A.I. can give all those Machinima Junkies a run for they’re bucks giving them Ideas on a next video. Idk those are just my thoughts on having a Personal A.I.
I totally agree with what you guys are saying like I know Damn well it would hard to add voice to our characters because you know it’s our characters we created them with a part of us in them. So having an A.I. would be a tricky move. And I like what y’all are saying about haveing the A.I. and using the Voices from halo reach and Halo 5. I loved that feature But bringing those voices to that A.I. chip could open up so many possibilities . Such as trying to hack into something our calling initial back. And idk maybe having an A.I. can give all those Machinima Junkies a run for they’re bucks giving them Ideas on a next video. Idk those are just my thoughts on having a Personal A.I.
Consider this: You remember ODST where in Firefight Mode you could change your character and use his or her voice and Reach where your Firefight voice could change? Perhaps 343I could do something similar in the multiplayer of Infinite. Almost like the Voices of War req pak. But using characters from throughout the franchise. From Johnson to Keys (both,) to maybe even including covenant voices or others like the Gravemind from Halo 2. Or maybe 343 Guilty Spark. Use them in Multiplayer. I loved the Voices of War. But feel it is a little skimpy. 4 voices, to me, is not enough. Make it personalized too. Your voice in a multiplayer game should be able to be changed too. I feel like we could be on to something here.
So, I made some new headway in regards to the chip. I did get a much more.... in depth.... program to see if I can spot, for sure, if it is a G or C. I took my highest resolution image I had, and changed the color. A lot. Tried many different color choices. I want to mention how, if the image was put as a Negative image, the chip and hand and.... everything in the image was white, as it is a negative except one part. The connection for the chip to Chief's suit. That was blue. I found it kind of strange.

On another note, I changed the colors to the following:
Gamma
Monochrome
Negative
Atomic

These all showed the letter in much higher clarity than the original High resolution (4K to be exact) photo I found. Again, I don't like arguing with Halo YouTubers. But, even the best can be wrong. I can say, now. With 0 doubt. It is a G. I am uploading the images I captured to my OneDrive. The link above should still be active. If not. Let me know. I will link the folder again, where the images and edit history I made are. The edit history is on a Word Document. And the images are all .jpg
If you want a crack at it, the files can be downloaded. I ask you please do not delete what is there and upload a word document with your edits. I am also going to edit this post once I tweet out and tag a few HaloTubers.

Sorry for the bumb by the way. But this new intel of mine is, what I feel, important.

Edit:
Link to my tweet: https://twitter.com/CasualGamingOn/status/1181777085695762434?s=19
So, I made some new headway in regards to the chip. I did get a much more.... in depth.... program to see if I can spot, for sure, if it is a G or C. I took my highest resolution image I had, and changed the color. A lot. Tried many different color choices. I want to mention how, if the image was put as a Negative image, the chip and hand and.... everything in the image was white, as it is a negative except one part. The connection for the chip to Chief's suit. That was blue. I found it kind of strange.

Gamma
Monochrome
Negative
Atomic

These all showed the letter in much higher clarity than the original High resolution (4K to be exact) photo I found. Again, I don't like arguing with Halo YouTubers. But, even the best can be wrong. I can say, now. With 0 doubt. It is a G. I am uploading the images I captured to my OneDrive. The link above should still be active. If not. Let me know. I will link the folder again, where the images and edit history I made are. The edit history is on a Word Document. And the images are all .jpg
If you want a crack at it, the files can be downloaded. I ask you please do not delete what is there and upload a word document with your edits. I am also going to edit this post once I tweet out and tag a few HaloTubers.

Sorry for the bumb by the way. But this new intel of mine is, what I feel, important.

Edit:
Link to my tweet: https://twitter.com/CasualGamingOn/status/1181777085695762434?s=19
HiddenXperia Video Concerning This10:31

clearly a C and not G
MEDICVS wrote:

Gamma
Monochrome
Negative
Atomic

Edit:
HiddenXperia Video Concerning This10:31

clearly a C and not G
I have seen the video. I understand his views. And he, HaloFollower, and HaloCanon along with myself, agree it is too early to judge for 100% fact. But the image he shows is equal to mine. But we see two different things. Did you actually see my original files found in my One Drive (link in one of the first posts?) I have a very clear 4K image in there. I can see a G myself. Clearly to me. And a few others. If you look at this feed, some can see the G as well. Unless an actual 343 Industries Employee would like to tell us otherwise whether it is a C or G, It is whatever you think it is. I see a G, you see a C. The Halo Tubers all say C because of another Cortana Model. But consider this: how do we know it is definitely a Cortana Model? Or is it something else, something much more? We still have 1 year to go. Let's wait a bit longer to judge (or if an Employee says otherwise.)
Almost positive it's a c
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3