Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

The academy

OP Raw Geansai

The Academy

This wil be the trainning ground for halo infinite to learn the movements and be able to get some practice fire in before you get ready for some match making.

I just got this great idea and i would be so bummed out that 343 didnt even have anything like this.

Yea its a traning ground and firing range. Now imagine that there is some secret parts of the map you can unlock and find something cool. It would have that ONI lore and maybe terminals. You can have easter eggs or unlock things or even have some way to affect the campaign. Id love something like this and i will be sad if the Academy was just a map to train in.
I get your thought here and I like it but being that it is a training ground for multiplayer I sadly doubt they will make it explorable.

That being said if they connected this training ground with the new spartan ops that is supposed to give our unique created Spartans their own stories and incorporate them into the halo universe then that I could definitely see them maybe even giving us a social space to run around in and see other peoples Spartans almost akin to Destiny
Anyone who wants to know if test ranges can have cool easter eggs, go search for BF5's stairway to heaven on YouTube.

I think it would be awesome if 343 hid some super cool Easter egg in The Academy main area (speculation is it could be a hub)
BEARC0X wrote:
I get your thought here and I like it but being that it is a training ground for multiplayer I sadly doubt they will make it explorable.
Looks pretty explorable to me. A lot of what we saw wasn't a shooting area.
There will almost certainly be some neat hidden details. Not sure if they will put outright Easter Eggs into it, but I would be very surprised if they didn't have some cool hidden bits scattered around for us to find.
FTC Anvil wrote:
BEARC0X wrote:
Looks pretty explorable to me. A lot of what we saw wasn't a shooting area.
Well I just did some more research and you may be right. I was thinking it would be just another playlist but that would be really cool if this really is a social training hub. This new area could serve as the main grounds for the spartan ops missions as well if need be since you could more easily find players within the area. Interesting this has huge potential!
The Academy is a cool place from the little we've seen of it and it does seem pretty expansive. I hope it ends up being a a social hub like Bearcox and Anvil are saying. It would be cool if I could just group up and hang out with friends in the Academy training area before matches kind of like the Headquarters area in Call of Duty WW2 which was honestly criminally underutilized. I doubt we'll see anything like audio logs hidden inside the Academy. If there are going to be audio logs in the game they will most likely be reserved for campaign. That said there will most likely be some easter eggs as there have been some spotted in the multiplayer trailer on some maps already. For example one of the maps takes place in a facility named after Sergeant Johnson. I'm not sure if that classifies as an easter egg but it is a nice nod to a beloved character from the original trilogy.
Mongerty wrote:
There will almost certainly be some neat hidden details. Not sure if they will put outright Easter Eggs into it, but I would be very surprised if they didn't have some cool hidden bits scattered around for us to find.
Yeah I’d love for a few things to be hidden around the academy— it doesn’t have to be anything major, just a few neat things to look for

for example, I love that it’s the Avery Johnson academy