Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

The Arbiter and his Armor.

OP WWelchIII

With Chief getting his classic look from the Halo 3 days and the classic Marine look coming back amongst other things is it safe to say the Arbiter is getting the same treatment? And is it safe too say that not just the Arbiter but all Elites are getting a Halo 2/3 graphic treatment?
It's too soon to tell if the Arbiter will make an appearance in the game, though I certainly hope he will. As for the Elites in general, I would imagine they would have to get a graphical update to fit with the rest of the art style we've seen so far. Same goes for the rest of the alien species. Here's hoping!
His armour probably won't change as it's golden tint indicates the honor he's brought back to the title Arbiter. I do hope he turns back into the original elite design but I want both designs to exist with the next game and we'll both exist in the world of halo
I’d be very pleased if they brought back the art style for the Arbiter that we see in that extra prologue cutscene with Arbiter and Locke in H2A. To me, it was the best iteration of his armor and his body still looked like it did in previous games.

Tough to say at this point, but I’m guessing 343i has realized their “brute” Elites are not that appealing. Also, since Brutes made an appearance in HW2, they might make a comeback for the main games. Can’t have two species looking and functioning the same way, so the Elites could look like what they used to.
I Imagine that the Arbitor will have a moderately more classic look. I think the elites will definately look more traditional because Halo Wars 2 had a vary classic look to the Elites, although that could have just been for that game.

I have been pleasantly suprised by 343 as of late in regards to the Halo direction which is why I returned to Waypoint to get more information. It really looks like they're listening to the community and taking suggestions to heart. Here's to you 343, make the best Halo game ever!
If Master Chief is getting more of a classic look, shouldn’t the Arbiter be getting one too?
Since 343 relies a bit on lore, I don't think that's likely. The armor he's wearing means he's a Kaidon, a ruler. He now rules the state of Vadam. Not just a state, but a whole faction as well, the Swords of Sanghelios. Yes, he still holds the title of Arbiter, but, at least as noted by Halopedia (and I'll quote):
Quote:
During his visit to Mdama, he announced that he no longer felt he was an Arbiter, but simply a kaidon.[21]Despite this, Thel 'Vadam continues to hold the title of Arbiter as of October 2558.
As for the rest of the Sangheili, I believe so. Not only are the Sangheili models of H2A and HW2 highly praised, but 343 also put up a statue of an H2A styled Ultra Elite in Outpost Discovery. In general, 343 has been using those models much more frequently.
I feel like arbiter has to be the same armor as halo 2 anniversary of the first cutscene of halo 2 anniversary of the arbiter talking with locke. or the same armor of the original trilogy. (H2, H3, H2A.
WWelchIII wrote:
With Chief getting his classic look from the Halo 3 days and the classic Marine look coming back amongst other things is it safe to say the Arbiter is getting the same treatment? And is it safe too say that not just the Arbiter but all Elites are getting a Halo 2/3 graphic treatment?
To be fair, I love the arbiters new armor, but the other elite armor is way too sophisticated and should at least return to the older helmet styles
For the moment we can’t be sure arbiter will appear in game yet. I personally prefer the classic armour but if he does appear I would assume he’ll have the same armour as Halo 5 or something similar
I wanna say "go silver or go home", seeing how torn I am about his new design. However, it does make a lot of sense why he got a new armor (wish Chief would have got the same treatment in fact). That said, the golden one is a honorary harness and not really a combat ready one, much more so than the silver Arbiter one. I would love to see a new version, maybe with a full body black under-suit, a shape more similar to the original from H2 and a new gold paint for the metal parts. And cover both of his arms please!

It would still showcase his status, but at the same time we would get a design better suited for the new art-style. Also Arby imho would look a lot more combat ready as well. Just my two cents!
I would like a classic elite design but with arby's new armor.
I think that would be a smart move of 343
I'd be fine if they kept his new armour, but fix the character models and characteristics. 343 made Elites more like dumb brutes that moved and talked very slowly, instead of highly intelligent, fast and Elite fighters.