THE ART STYLE

OP STEELBARBER

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
How do you guys feel about the art style? Personally I think the original Mark 6 armor showcase is the perfect glimpse into the beautiful art style that Halo worked with so well. I think the art style is very reminiscent on Halo Wars 2 art style, which was amazing.
As for a side note: Take in mind HW2 ended with a halo ring, supposidly the same ring at the end of Halo 5's legendary ending. So I'm hoping the Banished and characters from HW2 make it into Halo Infinite. I just wanna fight brutes again, also FLOOD since they were reintroduced in HW2.
I couldn't tell that Chief was wearing the original Mark VI based on the trailer I saw, to be honest. I did see some crates and other scenery that reminded me of Halo 3, and the Pelican interior looked a bit like Halo 3. They called out Chief's helmet in the news article here on the site, but that could go either way: maybe they're just proud of the leap forward in visuals? (They should be super proud, even if it turns out not to be the art style I'm hoping for!)

They've definitely gotten a lot better at doing natural scenery -- it was all super impressive -- but nothing in that trailer seems to confirm much one way or the other, in my eyes anyway.
I can't even begin to explain how happy I am to see the forerunner buildings look like forerunner buildings again. If it was anything that really bothered me about the h4 and h5 style it was the forerunner architecture
It appears they’re going back to the classic art style that appeared in Halo Wars 2, but some things look a little too cartoony and like Fortnite for me. I hope this isn’t the case, but this was mainly just showcasing the engine after all. I’m sure they know making things look like Fortnite wouldn’t go over well.
I feel a bit disappointed, because it doesn't look like a sequel to Halo 5 but a Halo Combat Evolved side game. I like the current Chief armor a lot and the floating forerunner structures. The problem to me is that Halo 5 art style was ideal but too plastic, this one, from what the trailer show looks plastic the same way.
Looks like they're running with their theme and direction from Halo Wars 2. That art style is truely iconic for all the reasons you already know. All great news.
It appears they’re going back to the classic art style that appeared in Halo Wars 2, but some things look a little too cartoony and like Fortnite for me. I hope this isn’t the case, but this was mainly just showcasing the engine after all. I’m sure they know making things look like Fortnite wouldn’t go over well.
Yes it is still very cartoony. That's why it looks like a different game. I will keep my expectations very very low
The overall art style looks amazing and is extremely refreshing to see. Everything still seems to have a plastic/cartoon look to it, but since this teaser was mainly to show off the new engine I'll assume that may not be quite the final look.
Yes it is still very cartoony. That's why it looks like a different game. I will keep my expectations very very low
Halo was always cartoony. I hope it’s not unrealistically cartoony like Fortnite is. There is a possibility they’ll try to attract the Fortnite and Overwatch crowds with a mix between Fortnite and regular Halo, but that’d still be too cartoony for my tastes. Halo 2A‘s cartoony art style worked the best and I hope they lean towards that route.
I think it should be remembered that this showcased the Slipspace Engine, and might not be final graphics and art design. People shouldn't get their hopes up or expect too much, only to later be disappointed and enraged.

That said, it looks fantastic. However I do hope that if the Chief's armor is changing yet again (I actually liked the armor in Halo 4 and 5,) hopefully there's a stronger explanation than "nanobots" or just ignoring the visual shift.
I hope they bring a mix of old and new designs, pushing on what they've sorta been doing. I'd really like to see Bungie era designs (like Warthogs) come back, alongside other old school marine/covenant/forerunner designs and themes. A perfect mix of old and new would really make this game shine.
Something I noticed watching the trailer one more time is that the marines are holding the Halo 5 Battle Rifle in their hands, so maybe they are mixing the things.
Halo was always cartoony. I hope it’s not unrealistically cartoony like Fortnite is. There is a possibility they’ll try to attract the Fortnite and Overwatch crowds with a mix between Fortnite and regular Halo, but that’d still be too cartoony for my tastes. Halo 2A‘s cartoony art style worked the best and I hope they lean towards that route.
It kinda looked like H2A for the warthog at least. I personally don't see what everyone is saying. Chief looked pretty realistic to me, sure he looked a little animated, but that's just cause its a video game and not real life.
I'm unbelievably frustrated that they went back to the old school armor style.

The new armor is super cool. Plus this is taking the canon on a really annoyingly wild ride.

The new armor is super cool. Plus this is taking the canon on a really annoyingly wild ride.
Yes, I prefer the current armor too.
Nothing's for sure; I'm fairly certain this was mostly to show off the new engine, and give an idea for the future of the franchise. Remember the Halo 5 reveal?
Outside of the MC, I thought the new art style looked incredible.
I'm very pleased! I want to see how great everything looks under this style
Honestly you could have told me this was Halo 3 Anniversary and I'd believe it.

They should not be using the Anniversary style for a main game.
I love the new armor! The world breathes like Halo again, the architecture is clean and elegant again, the Marines look like they came directly from Reach, the color pops once more like in H3 etc. I only hope the Mark 5 will look more metallic in the end-product, now it's a bit "plasticy" (once more). Love the visor already though, couldn't stand the orange one from H4! I also hope the human weapons - especially the BR and the shotgun - are going back to the H2A designs. Likewise the Covenant. With this world and fauna though? Hell yes, this is what I wanted for years now, but only HW2 and H2A delivered so far!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9