THE ART STYLE

OP STEELBARBER

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. ...
  6. 9
i may like the new art style, i like the concept art of the blue spartan because it had some Halo 3 in it, and i noticed the armor almost looked like Halo reach, and the lighting and shading was like Halo 5. also the concept art for halo infinite as in the surrounding area looked like a sweet mixture from Halo Reach, Halo 3, and 4.
I can't even begin to explain how happy I am to see the forerunner buildings look like forerunner buildings again. If it was anything that really bothered me about the h4 and h5 style it was the forerunner architecture
But the difference in the forerunner buildings was because Faver created the halo rings and Didact created Requiem isn't it?
That's what I always thought but then we got halo 5. The structures in halo 5 are more similar to requiem than previous games and we weren't on requiem then.
It's not really who created them, but what Rate. The Halo rings were Builder (specifically, the direction of Faber), Requiem was Promethean. In Halo 5, there are differences in the architecture that mirror both Rates, and some that are completely different. We see buildings on Kamchata that it's unclear just who built them, and Promethean designs that mirror the architecture and culture of Requiem. Then we've got Genesis, which is a Builder world, and while it's under 343's more detailed direction, mirrors Builder architecture that we've seen, but with less coldness and neutered simplicity.
Enrico 117 wrote:
"There are very bad games that sell a lot of copies just based on how realistic they look. The Last of Us, Horizon Zero Down and Uncharted for example"
lemme stop you right there.
Enrico 117 wrote:
"There are very bad games that sell a lot of copies just based on how realistic they look. The Last of Us, Horizon Zero Down and Uncharted for example"
lemme stop you right there.
Wait a minute, that's not how you quote. The sentence was: "There are very bad games that sell a lot of copies just based on how realistic they look. The Last of Us, Horizon Zero Down and Uncharted for example, they look very good but I couldn't bring myself to finsh them for how bored I was, still people praise and buy those games a lot." I stand by this quote, because it's true, I got bored quite quickly and I know for a fact I'm not the only one who got bored by those games. The difference between the two is that in my way you can understand I'm talking about my personal experience with those games, I'm not trying to say those specific games are bad.

At any rate, just think at this: how many people do you know who play any of those games as much as they play GTA, or Halo, or Fifa?

In my experience people play those games because of the graphics, the animations and because of the story, not because of the addicting gameplay or something else.
I'm fine with them going back to to the classic art style but I do hope to a degree they keep the new art style mixed in with the classic style for not only for consistency reasons, but some of the new armour is cool (It even looks more practical and less bulky/hindering), and would be wasted if it was thrown away. Personally I'm a fan of chiefs new armour in the modern games, don't get me wrong though I do love his old armour and it was far better in the classic games, but I feel it just doesn't mix with the current stuff well imo. I just didn't agree that NANOMACHINES SON (metal gear reference) were the reason for the change to the new art style. So If they're going to be giving chief his old armour back or even a new variation that just looks like his old set, it needs to be written in properly and not thrown in some off screen EU explanation. I like EU references but just don't rely on them.

Trailer did look awesome though so I'm quite excited to see more on it!
The H2A multiplayer artstyle was perfection. It was the old art style with splashes of realism. I think they are going to go with HW2 artstyle which is mix between old and new, because if you look closely at the marine's BR it is a H5 BR. But Master Chief is obviously rocking the old art style armor.
I really want the older halo art style back.
Chief’s second suit of armour was just fine the way it was and looked iconic, the redesign is still good but it’s nowhere near as slick, the shoulder pads look like an afterthought. The new art design looks too plasticity and ostentatious.
All I ask is for a consistent art style. Please pick one and stay. I would like Halo 3 or H2A but with halo reach's level of customizations.
So far the most consistent art style has been Halo 4 to Halo 5.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. ...
  6. 9