1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
So hoping the banished will be halo infinite it will be cool to fight them. The covenant were not very cunning with there tactics but versing the banished with there cunning abilities and covenant level technology but with brute upgrades will be difficult to defeat from a first person player perspective
I would love for the Banished to be in Infinite, but their presence shouldn’t be forced. It should be perfectly clear why they are here and make sense to someone who maybe never played Halo Wars 2.
True but we need some version of the covenant
Mdama’s Covenant still exists. They just lost Sangheilios and their leader. They’re still pretty strong
The Covenant suffered the Great Schism, lost their prophets, Jul 'Mdama, High Charity and Sangheilios. They don't seem strong to me.
The Covenant suffered the Great Schism, lost their prophets, Jul 'Mdama, High Charity and Sangheilios. They don't seem strong to me.
Jul’s Covenant was after the Great Schism and the fall of the prophets and High Charity. Sangheilios is only 1 planet. Jul, like most other fallen leaders, will be replaced.

They may have lost the battle, but they haven’t lost the war just yet.
The banished being the main threat in halo 6 I think is a good idea (better than the created) and Atryox I think is a good and interesting new leader.
Sorry did I spell Atryox right?
StuftRock1 wrote:
Mdama’s Covenant still exists. They just lost Sangheilios and their leader. They’re still pretty strong
Mdama’s legacy lives on!
I doubt we will face the banish. I would like the universes to stay split and that way we can keep more HW games coming out and make them the main antagonists. However, It would be cool! Can't deny that
I doubt we will face the banish. I would like the universes to stay split and that way we can keep more HW games coming out and make them the main antagonists. However, It would be cool! Can't deny that
I didn't think of that but you are right but the banished could have escaped the ARK and now both the new UNSC and the Spirit of fire are at war with the banished.

P.S nobody can say that the arbiter and master chief battleing Atryox would not be the most F*ing epic thing ever!
But you have to also notice that the spirit of fire has a limited number of people on board so it has to come into contact with the UNSC sometime or end.
Maybe as the tragic ending of Halo Wars 3?
S278J wrote:
Sorry did I spell Atryox right?
Atriox
There's bound to be SOME form of Covenant in Infinite. The Banshed seen the most likely, if Infinite still connects to HW2 according to 343 a while back. If not, then this may be the first Halo without a form of Covenant force. We'll see.
I'm almost certain the Banished will appear for Infinite as enemies, and probably team up with the UNSC-Swords of Sanghelios out of necessity to fight against Cortana's Created and the Flood if they appear again.
The universes weren’t split to begin with.
It’s possible. Seeing how the Halo universe has lead up to this point, I wouldn’t be surprised if there were more than the normal 3 factions in Halo Infinite. When all is said and done, we’ll just have to wait and see.
StuftRock1 wrote:
They aren't strong at all because it is heavily implied, maybe even out right said that mdama's covenant were all but destroyed. So from a gameplay standpoint there has to be a covenant, the banished make the most sense and the only other stand-in i could think of would be the servants of the abiding truth. But they are only in the lore. The only real option is the banished, 343 clearly wants to use them and people like them more than jul's covenant by quite alot (imo) this is ALL my opinion but it makes sense.
And to be honest there is no way a mainline halo game can't have some form of covenant. We saw how well halo 4 and 5 turned out when they put such a large emphasis on the prometheans. I like halo 4 and parts of five (multiplayer) but the best levels from those games were largely if not entirely covenant based.
And to be honest there is no way a mainline halo game can't have some form of covenant. We saw how well halo 4 and 5 turned out when they put such a large emphasis on the prometheans. I like halo 4 and parts of five (multiplayer) but the best levels from those games were largely if not entirely covenant based.
True not only do prometheans not fit in with halo lore/art style but are no fun to fight like all of the fighting in halo 4 was boring to me but I love the covenant in halo 5! The shots feel realistic and fun the Elites are some of my favourite (up with reach) and every thing is fun and satisfiing to fight and has some of the best combat in all of halo but the prometheans just feel like a grind and are boring.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2