Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

The Best Time for a Game

OP Kabose

Anyone else agree with me that where we are right now with Halo Infinite coming is one of the best times? What I mean is we're all gathered online fully intrigued on what is the game going to be like and such.

All the speculation and rumors of what it will be. All the wish lists and desires that we put out hoping that the dev's are hearing our cries. And you can't really hate on the game or like it, we all just are in agreement of one mass thing that we all just are curious. The community right now is more together than we think because we all are sharing the same feelings and we all have our own Hope's for the game.

Now whether the game pulls through or not will define what happens to us after but for now, it's a great time to be a Halo fan.
It’s a great time to be a Halo fan indeed. But we probably won’t see Infinite until 2020. So it’s also a somewhat difficult time to be a Halo fan.
Kabose wrote:
Anyone else agree with me that where we are right now with Halo Infinite coming is one of the best times? What I mean is we're all gathered online fully intrigued on what is the game going to be like and such.

All the speculation and rumors of what it will be. All the wish lists and desires that we put out hoping that the dev's are hearing our cries. And you can't really hate on the game or like it, we all just are in agreement of one mass thing that we all just are curious. The community right now is more together than we think because we all are sharing the same feelings and we all have our own Hope's for the game.

Now whether the game pulls through or not will define what happens to us after but for now, it's a great time to be a Halo fan.
I'm quite apprehensive to be honest. The last two games have been a huge disappointment for me, I'm worried about Halo Infinite and I'm concerned about what 343i have in store for it. I see things like games as a service, player psychology and monetisation and I worry. There are other things too. I find it a hard time to be a gaming fan in general. I hope 343i deliver, I would happily be proven wrong right now.
Tbh it's a hard time bto be a halo fan. I want to have faith in 343i but their track record and constant reshuffling/ revolving door of staff makes it hard. For every good idea their is many terrible executions. They have had some of the best concepts for the series but they never capitalise on them. I feel like they have been listening to the fans but the problem is some fans want crazy stuff that will totally ruin the sandbox for the sake of cool new gimmicks. If infinite doesn't pan out I hope 343i can do their own franchise because there's so much talent their but either they don't understand halos appeal or the execs have been too hands on in chasing trends. Correct me if I'm wrong but this will be the first titled developed totally under the Spencer regime? That is reassuring and some of the hires at 343i are exciting. I am hopeful the gameplay will be a return to form but still have reservations on the narrative. It needs to be self contained and have a satisfactory conclusion and can't get scared like the didact or Janus key stories and pushed into auxiliary media.

I wish I/or another fan with experience got a year with a small team and budget and access to all the legacy assets and source codes to put together a smaller experience to tide us over so infinite could get that extra year in the oven.
I've always loved that period between announcement and gameplay reveal where a large group of the community is in constant speculation, nit picking every little thing all for their excitement for the next Halo game. You see it in many other games but its never like the Halo community who are looking back at over a decade of lore, bts's, twitter posts and constantly harassing the devs about the new game.

And you have all the community people start kicking into action around now too, HiddenXperia has done some hype videos and theories, HaloCanon has done some lore videos which may link into Infinite, meanwhile Greenskill, Achievement Hunter and even the competitive scene seems to have been prompted into Halo 3 nostalgia after the Infinite trailer (although that's probably just the MCC fix). And of course, the forums here have become quite active.
I probably missed some people but point is, there is hype for Halo again and I'm excited to see what 2019 brings for the Halo community.
I reckon 2019 has among the best Line up of games, Anthem, Doom: Eternal & Halo Infinite, I cannot wait for them all
It's really fun speculating and theorizing. I just need to know what gameplay style it's going to have, it's killing me.
I reckon 2019 has among the best Line up of games, Anthem, Doom: Eternal & Halo Infinite, I cannot wait for them all
Your betting alot on 2 games we know next to nothing about. And one that will be amazing.

Infinite is probably a 2020 release.
But I agree 2019 is looking good. Biomutant, DMC5, Pokémon, Luigi's mansion 3, fire emblem, Gears 5, outer worlds, sekiro shadows die twice, rage 2, Catherine full body, Wolfenstein youngblood.

Not to mention a possible release of metroid prime 4/trilogy, bayonetta 3, dragon quest 11s, persona r, MK11, cyberpunk, Titanfall 3.

And respawns jedi game might be good. 2019 might the year of the generation and top 2016 as best shooter year of the generation.
343i have not only followed advice, but have seen negative examples from the industry since the last major Halo games release to the reception of game. Unfinished, pay-to-win games are torn apart, both in the media and the gaming community. With the reception of Halo: MCC and Halo 5, as well as games such as Battlefront 2: EA and Battlefield V, they will be careful when and at what state they launch the game at. They most likely going to launch the game at the end of 2020/early 2021. Any earlier, would most likely give it the reputation and launch that Halo 5: Guardians received

Project Extinction: Player Driven Story Thread
Where the last of us come to serve and die
Modod wrote:
Your betting alot on 2 games we know next to nothing about. And one that will be amazing.

But I agree 2019 is looking good. Biomutant, DMC5, Pokémon, Luigi's mansion 3, fire emblem, Gears 5, outer worlds, sekiro shadows die twice, rage 2, Catherine full body, Wolfenstein youngblood.

Not to mention a possible release of metroid prime 4/trilogy, bayonetta 3, dragon quest 11s, persona r, MK11, cyberpunk, Titanfall 3.

And respawns jedi game might be good. 2019 might the year of the generation and top 2016 as best shooter year of the generation.
Wolfenstein, Doom, Rage, Crackdown 3 and Sekiro are all games I'll buy. There are so many more coming between now and the of the year that I see no room for Halo Infinite to launch, I think fall 2020 is the earliest we'll see Halo Infinite. I'll still say I'm apprehensive about Halo and some others. However, I believe we're in good Hands with Doom Eternal and Wolfenstein Youngblood if The New Colossus and Doom 2016 are anything to go by.
eviltedi wrote:
Modod wrote:

Wolfenstein, Doom, Rage, Crackdown 3 and Sekiro are all games I'll buy. There are so many more coming between now and the of the year that I see no room for Halo Infinite to launch, I think fall 2020 is the earliest we'll see Halo Infinite. I'll still say I'm apprehensive about Halo and some others. However, I believe we're in good Hands with Doom Eternal and Wolfenstein Youngblood if The New Colossus and Doom 2016 are anything to go by.
Eternal looks insane and even if Youngblood is only Wolf TNC with co op, well it's fricken Wolf TNC with Co op! I forgot about crackdown, haha it has been so long I block it out at this point but can't wait to play it. Sekiro looks like the perfect mash-up of action and souls for me. And if avalanche delivers on Rage's open world it'll rock cause we know how buttery smooth ID techs shooting is. Titanfall 2 was equally as good as Doom IMO and we know respawn is launching 2 of it's 3 in development games this year so if that is out this year then Infinite is in for some steep competition and even as an avid halo fan those games have earned my faith far more than the last few Halos(besides wars2, id buy HW3 in a heart beat).