OP Cube Rooted

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
Dear Halo Community,

I want preface this thread by stating that I have gone from optimistic to skeptical from before the campaign reveal, and now after the most recent community update.

As mentioned in the community update I agree with the new art style, but am critical of the "graphics" as they have been extensively critiqued. I put graphics in the category of bad, but this can be changed.

Overall my impression of the community update was positive until it was revealed that the "pistol" and "shotgun" that were showcased in the campaign reveal are the only ones! Before this community update I would not have thought that 343 would take this direction. My rational was that this game is open world thus we will have a sandbox of weapons at our disposal of which will include the classics in addition to new weapons. I feel that having an open world first person shooter requires having a sandbox full of weapons. In addition it has been marketed that this is a spiritual reboot to the classic games. The move to remove these classic weapons is in conflict with those previous statements honestly. I understand they are taking an approach that they should give us something we didn't know we were missing, but this seems tone deaf to me. 343 is making it difficult for me to defend this title to my friends who have felt burnt in the past by this studio, and that is unfortunate.

Community, what are you feelings on this change to the halo sandbox?

-Cube Rooted
Yeah I heard. WTF are they thinking.
There must be a reason for it, but I just can't believe it. Why remove weapons? The Halo 5 magnum is the perfect weapon. Why can't these weapons share the same game? They seen to be distinctive enough.

I would happily test new weapons if the others we like wouldn't be removed every time a new game comes out.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I'm thinking it's going to be like Halo 5. Over time, they'll release gradual updates to introduce new multiplayer weapons to the game. I'm okay with that. They also said they'd have multiple variants too, which will definitely make the game more unique. I know they have work to do, and I'm still (cautiously) looking forward to Infinite. I've given 343 a hard time, heck I still do to some degree. But based on reading that article several times, it looks like they're going to further improve the game with time.
I'm thinking it's going to be like Halo 5. Over time, they'll release gradual updates to introduce new multiplayer weapons to the game. I'm okay with that. They also said they'd have multiple variants too, which will definitely make the game more unique. I know they have work to do, and I'm still (cautiously) looking forward to Infinite. I've given 343 a hard time, heck I still do to some degree. But based on reading that article several times, it looks like they're going to further improve the game with time.
How does that help campaign in regards to classic weapons being missing??
All those people saying "well the mk50 is just a NEW weapon - the classic magnum will be in the game" with no proof other than their own relentless desire to cope really just look embarrassed now, huh.
How does that help campaign in regards to classic weapons being missing??
I can only speculate, but if it's an open-world style game they might introduce those weapons into the campaign too especially since they said Infinite would be a "10-year-game" or something along those lines. If they can clarify that part I'd appreciate that.
All those people saying "well the mk50 is just a NEW weapon - the classic magnum will be in the game" with no proof other than their own relentless desire to cope really just look embarrassed now, huh.
To be fair, the IGN article did specifically mention the classic shotgun was gone. It didn’t say the pistol was a replacement as well.
They already have that drum-magazine shotgun, so that's probably why old shotty is out. But I think every Halo needs a classic pump shotty.
I'm sure stuff will be added in DLC for multiplayer, at least.
Honestly the Magnum changes in every game. In halo 4 is absolutely sucked. Halo 2 looks like a black brick. The guns that have to be classic are really the BR, spnkr, and battle rifle for humans. Shotgun also changed a lot on design. The covenant weapons like the needler, plasma rifle, beam rifle, need to be the same. Hopefully the needle rifle is it instead of the carbine since there a pulse carbine. I really can't care less about the Magnum and shotgun. As long as they don't change the weapons I mentioned. I understand why other people care though
Where is the actual statement of 343 saying either the shotgun or pistol from the demo are replacements for the classics?

I can't find it.
Ugh the magnum is iconic especially if they modelled after the CE version. The news for Infinite gets worse.
I'm actually perfectly fine with removing classic weapons provided the new weapons and designs have something to offer. The problem is that the new pistol is incredibly generic, I don't care that it isn't the M6, I care that the Sidekick is boring as sin.

The new shotgun I don't mind so much, but the design is such a departure that I wonder why they just didn't go all the way and make it semi-auto. If it is just going to be another pump-action shotgun, just less powerful, I don't see the point of the change. That all being said, if the choice is between the Bulldog and the god awful Halo 4/5 shotgun I will take the Bulldog every time.
Quote:
"There are additional variants of each of these, but the classic Magnum and Tactical Shotgun aren’t currently featured in Halo Infinite.
As we look beyond launch, we have robust plans to continue evolving the game which will include further additions to Halo Infinite’s sandbox. We understand some players won’t be thrilled over the prospects of different pistols and shotguns but we encourage you to keep an open mind and we look forward to everyone getting hands-on perspective with these new weapons when the time comes."
People really need to learn how to read things and seem to forget what Halo Infinite is, it's an Open-World, Live-Service, Sandbox Game, so they can add things in whenever they want, Multiplayer AND Singleplayer, if people want Chief to wear Bunny Ears at Easter, they can add it in, same goes for classic weapons and i'm for one willing to give these new ones a chance.

How about you all?
Where is the actual statement of 343 saying either the shotgun or pistol from the demo are replacements for the classics?

I can't find it.
They literally just confirmed in their new post that the classic shotty and magnum are not in infinite.
It's a bummer, but it's not like they're being erased from the franchise. The post clearly states "...but the classic Magnum and Tactical Shotgun aren’t currently featured in Halo Infinite." so we might see them appear later down the line after release.

I can't find it.
They literally just confirmed in their new post that the classic shotty and magnum are not in infinite.
Man they really just don't get it sometimes.
There is a simple solution to this.

Unlock the CE Magnum and/or shotgun for campaign & custom games only with skull or other collectibles that are ridiculously hard to get. This way 343 would not have to worry about balancing the weapons for multiplayer and shifting the entire sandbox around it since they would not be in matchmaking. The community (AKA US) get what we want, and 343 gets to let out some of their frustration by making our lives miserable on the way trying to get what we want.
Lyk2 wrote:
Quote:
"There are additional variants of each of these, but the classic Magnum and Tactical Shotgun aren’t currently featured in Halo Infinite.
As we look beyond launch, we have robust plans to continue evolving the game which will include further additions to Halo Infinite’s sandbox. We understand some players won’t be thrilled over the prospects of different pistols and shotguns but we encourage you to keep an open mind and we look forward to everyone getting hands-on perspective with these new weapons when the time comes."
People really need to learn how to read things and seem to forget what Halo Infinite is, it's an Open-World, Live-Service, Sandbox Game, so they can add things in whenever they want, Multiplayer AND Singleplayer, if people want Chief to wear Bunny Ears at Easter, they can add it in, same goes for classic weapons and i'm for one willing to give these new ones a chance.

How about you all?
That can be a relief if we knew what the updates will bring. We have no evidence to believe they will add weapons in the updates, and even if they were I strongly believe that the new weapons and the "classic" ones could live together in their niches with no problem.
Now I'm picturing the Master Chief with bunny ears haha.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6