Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

THE DEMO WAS FROM 6 MONTHS AGO, REJOICE!

OP CrimsonNova8549

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
https://twitter.com/VincentGat/status/1286469696376774658?s=19

At Least If What They're Saying Is True, And I Hope To God It Is.
https://twitter.com/VincentGat/status/1286469696376774658?s=19

At Least If What She's Saying Is True, And I Hope To God It Is.
Oh trust me, I honestly hope to God it's the truth too. The graphics in the demo was just absolutely disappointing.
This was the gameplay reveal. 343i should have been very critical of what they were going to show today. The visual quality of the demo was seriously underwhelming, it was really plain to see.

Games like God of War, The Witcher 3, Gears of War etc showed gameplay demoes a full year before release, and the visual quality on display looked substantially similar to the final product. So they shouldn't be relying on this excuse 3 or 4 months before launch.

The gameplay looked very run of the mill. This was supposed to be the game that wowed us, the system seller.

From the enemy models to the environments, weapons, and overall aesthetic of the game, I really didn't get blown away by anything I saw.
Did I miss something? Neither the video or tweet confirm that is 6 months old.
If true, then that's just kinda stupid. This was the world premiere. It was meant to show off not just Halo, but the Series X, and it looked laughable in places. It's akin submitting an early draft to be marked, rather than a later one that is closer to the final essay, even when that later draft exists.
If true, then that's just kinda stupid. This was the world premiere. It was meant to show off not just Halo, but the Series X, and it looked laughable in places. It's akin submitting an early draft to be marked, rather than a later one that is closer to the final essay.
I feel like after Halo 4 and 5, they're being extremely selective.
An official answer would be great.
I have also heard that the video demo was supposed to be for the last E3.
If true, then that's just kinda stupid. This was the world premiere. It was meant to show off not just Halo, but the Series X, and it looked laughable in places. It's akin submitting an early draft to be marked, rather than a later one that is closer to the final essay.
I feel like after Halo 4 and 5, they're being extremely selective.
Then they chose poorly. This is meant to be the most powerful console to date, and yet, the Halo 5 beta looked far better in early 2015 on a base Xbox One. Infinite is only about four months from launch, and this is what they chose to show to represent the game?
While it is agreed and basically confirmed now by a few sources that what we got was an old build...I don't hear her saying 6 months in the video but if I had to a wild guess about it, this was a build from early this year from possibly January and reason we got that one today and most likely not a current build or one from lets say May or June was because of the ongoing pandemic.
Working from home isn't the best, but I don't see why it'd have impaired their ability to show off a more recent build. Its just 8 minutes of gameplay.
While it is agreed and basically confirmed now by a few sources that what we got was an old build...I don't hear her saying 6 months in the video but if I had to a wild guess about it, this was a build from early this year from possibly January and reason we got that one today and most likely not a current build or one from lets say May or June was because of the ongoing pandemic.
OP please update thread title, no where in the video does she confirm it’s 6 months old.
Guys i remember not long ago someone from 343 saying something like:"If we lived in a better time Halo Infinite would steal the show at E3 2020",something like that.
Pandemic is no excuse. We ALL have had to deal with the pandemic. Take necessary precautions, wear a mask, and build the game. I do not feel like the pandemic is solely responsible for underwhelming graphics, or a "several month old" demo...they knew exactly what they showed off today, and that makes me believe this is what they really have to offer, which is underwhelming and sad. This was meant to sell the "most powerful console ever", and they likely tried to show their best. But...is that all you can conjure? Eww.
Guys i remember not long ago someone from 343 saying something like:"If we lived in a better time Halo Infinite would steal the show at E3 2020",something like that.
Well if this is what they planned for E3, it wouldnt have stolen the show.
If someone at 343 did say that...Well, they'd hardly be free of bias. It's easy to pat yourself on the back if you're marking your own work. Given what we've seen, I doubt it.
I highly doubt that. If that was the case we would see the change in the screen grabs on the Campaign Evolved Post, and they would have some before and after images showing the advancement. They were highly selective of those images and they aren't that much better from what was shown in the demo. Yeah the stills show a few added distressing to things, but its still pretty lackluster, and easily lost with everything going on in the game.
So the first footage the public sees of Infinite is 6 months old? They haven't had a single build in all that time that they in a better state to show off? That in itself is concerning.

I imagine most folks expecting a radical turnaround come release are likely to be disappointed.
However old it is, the good news is that it is indeed old. This confirms a hypothesis I had earlier. That means 343i has made significant progress on the game since then and we can expect to see something much better. I think a bit of understanding for the lack of a very recent gameplay reveal would go a long way. Think about it, why would 343i intentionally make the reveal less exciting than the teasers have been showing up until now? I’m sure they were very excited when people received the E3 teaser and subsequent teasers very well.
Where does she state it is 6 months old? She just said it was an earlier build. are people pulling this number out of thin air or what??
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6