Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

THE DEMO WAS FROM 6 MONTHS AGO, REJOICE!

OP CrimsonNova8549

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. ...
  6. 6
An official answer would be great.
An official answer that the demo isn't indicative of the games final appearance? Isn't that obvious?
4 months before launch though? DOOM Eternal matched it's release graphics, or got pretty close to it, two years before launch.
https://twitter.com/VincentGat/status/1286469696376774658?s=19

At Least If What They're Saying Is True, And I Hope To God It Is.
This is absolutley unacceptable.

The most important day in Xbox's history was today...and they showed off a six month old demo?!

Everyone involved should be fired and Phil Spencer should be ashamed of himself.

By making this choice they literally guaranteed 3rd place AGAIN for an entire generation. I would put this up there with Palm as the worst marketing decisions of all-time. Palm killed their company with one bad commercial and Microsoft killed the Xbox Series X showing a six month old demo. Wow.
Lord have mercy talk about emotional,and erratic conclusions,let these people work. We should be cheering them on and pushing them to keep going.this is the first halo that they done that has the gameplay and feel. I agree the graphics are not 100 percent what we expect but they are not terrible.
jussyON wrote:
Pandemic is no excuse. We ALL have had to deal with the pandemic. Take necessary precautions, wear a mask, and build the game. I do not feel like the pandemic is solely responsible for underwhelming graphics, or a "several month old" demo...they knew exactly what they showed off today, and that makes me believe this is what they really have to offer, which is underwhelming and sad. This was meant to sell the "most powerful console ever", and they likely tried to show their best. But...is that all you can conjure? Eww.
Lol wut... its a demo and likely an old one. Stand down spartan.
If the demo is even 6 months old, Halo Infinite has had about 4 years to get in order. Halo Reach and 3, I believe, had about 3...
though i know its an old build, why would they show that?
I don't think I've seen a single verifiable report of the exact age of the build that was shown, only that it wasn't the most current build. Regardless, it's even stated in the description of the gameplay YouTube video that what was shown was representative of the experience you would be getting on a Series X, and a 343 employee stated in a post that the team had specifically polished that demo and that they were satisfied with its quality, meaning what we saw was more that likely the most polished section of the game. I'm hoping that this backlash prompts them to focus on some heavy polish before launch, but I don't know that 3 1/2 months is enough time to make a significant difference.
how do you know for sure it was from 6 months ago? Do you have a link to prove that it was? or any other references to state it was from 6 months ago.
it says the tweet is unavailable

it says the tweet is unavailable

for some reason every time i go to that link is says 'TWEET UNAVAILABLE' Whats his username? Maybe I can find it that way. Please and Thank you

At Least If What They're Saying Is True, And I Hope To God It Is.
Someone on youtube made an interesting point, they said something about that demo supposedly being the demo we would have seen last E3. If that is the case, then that means that what we saw wasn't even close to the final product.

The reason I say this is because apparently the demo we saw was the PC test from what I hear. This means that it was made for the Xbox in its early stages and then they just reused it to test PC and for whatever reason they chose to use that for the demo.

Clearly you would want to demonstrate your best for a demo showing the next generation of games, right? Well, what if 343 and Microsoft were taking a different approach to it?

Food for thought, could all be completely wrong.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. ...
  6. 6