Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

The flood on Halo Infinite

OP Capitan Late

I really miss the flood, they had a lot of good history and things that l really, 343 add the DLC The awakening nightmare and it was a awesome campaign and introduce different enemies that l will like to see in fisrt person, the last game fisrt person shooter of Halo with the flood it was Halo 3, Halo 3 came out in 2007. That was 12 years ago and counting, and I get kind like bored of the prometheans, l dont know, l think its time for 343 to put back the flood
They really were the greatest threat of Halo. The behavior, the looks, the overall true horror when you realize their conquest is only of hunger. Ever seen their life sized formations at the museum thing? Those infection forms are deadlier than they look when I realized they only look so miniscule when you're playing as the Chief.
I really miss the flood, they had a lot of good history and things that l really, 343 add the DLC The awakening nightmare and it was a awesome campaign and introduce different enemies that l will like to see in fisrt person, the last game fisrt person shooter of Halo with the flood it was Halo 3, Halo 3 came out in 2007. That was 12 years ago and counting, and I get kind like bored of the prometheans, l dont know, l think its time for 343 to put back the flood
Yeah, the Flood were a good enemy. They got a little repetative in a lot of cases but I like the lore and tone they brought the game. I remember in Halo 3 on Floodgate when the marine is either devouered by the Flood or you could shoot the infection forms and save him, that was a fun little impact you had on the game. Of course, he usually ended up dieing anyway.
I miss gory details in Halo in general.

I am not sure how exactly the Flood would be accommodated after Halo 3, but I would certainly like to see them again. I miss the mid-game tone shifts present in classic. It was glorious fun to Rambo your way into mid-game and then spend the second half running for dear life with one shell left/contemplating the ever-deepening mystery of the flood. The feral stage is especially eerie since they lack the Shakespearean personality of the Gravemind. Their extreme mutagenic nature makes them multitudes more disturbing than the next space zombie and they are unique in the forms they can take. The way they immediately change rules of movement and engagement are testing in a nice way. They add a certain sense of urgency and gravity that hasn't been felt since 2007.

I especially love how they were never marketed in the classic days. You'd play through the game with a certain sense of confidence until the Flood turned your party on it's head. That extra amp of urgency was a rush...In a market saturated with copy+paste zombie shooters, the flood are missed for their uniqueness-- and would likely be a perfect cash in on the zombie trend if Microsoft would allow it.

Unfortunately Microsoft has been pretty strict on their Flood stance since at least 2004. If I remember rightly, they gave Bungie trouble over the Flood as early as Halo 2's dev cycle.

Halo's mechanically simple and cartoonish design has always drawn a wide demographic ~ especially young teens. Microsoft has seen this and has attempted to re-market the franchise to teenagers ever since Halo's E-sports scene took off in the 00's -- and it just isn't a good look. I'd go so far as to say that all shooters should be on the "M" end of the spectrum on simple principle. Not for censorship reasons mind you (kids will always play Halo)-- but for the dual purposes of dev freedom and semi-realistic representation of the effects of ballistics. Spartans ain't firing paintballs!
I would like them back too, but only if it makes sense to the story 100%, to me the story is VERY important :)
If they come back, id like some old creepy halo music to return back like the soundtrack from the library in CE
There's a really good chance they may come back in this one. I mean, we all know what happens when we're on a ring, right ?
Yes, I hope they come back, but personally, I liked the Halo CE flood the most.
I would totally love that
I miss the flood too here's to hoping they put the flood back in Halo infinite