The Flood will not be in Halo Infinite

OP JLtheStoneWall

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I kind of think they will surprise us half way through, spirital reboot etc. Don't think we will hear anything about it before the game releases unless it leaks. Though I wont die if they are not in it, always prefered fighting Covenant.
I think they will go for a less scary version unfortunately. Which onestly should be a crime. Halo 3's flood was not very scary, but more fun to fight, we might see something in that direction, minus the neck breaking and suicidal marines and stuff like that. Too bad really, I think most of was want them super scary.
John9895 wrote:
*snip*
Halo Infinite is rated T for Violence.
*snip*
The T rating was a glitch. If you check their OFFICIAL WEBSITE, it says that Infinite is not even on their site (https://www.esrb.org/search/?searchKeyword=Halo%20Infinite&platform=All%20Platforms&rating=E%2CE10%2B%2CT%2CM%2CAO&descriptor=All%20Content&pg=1&searchType=All). By the way, i think you need to be 18 or older to be in esports. And also, what difference does it make if your game has a different letter on the cover?
The ESRB website lacking an entry for Halo Infinite may be due to spoilers necessarily being contained in the description.

The T rating is most certainly not a glitch. How could something so deliberate be a glitch? If you go to Halo Infinite's page in the Store on an Xbox One, the gameplay trailer now has a T for Violence warning attached to the beginning, which is not present in the original YouTube trailer. Someone intentionally added it.

e-Sports leagues set their own age restriction; there is no static age requirement for all leagues. However, if a game has a Mature rating, then everyone under 17 is precluded from participating in official tournaments as far as Halo is concerned. This was the case for Halo 4, I know for certain.
I live in the UK and it says rating pending when you search Halo Infinite. Rating Pending here too. As for the garbage called e sports, (my opinion), Halo Infinite's multiplayer could easily have a different rating to the campaign. It's free to play and will probably be an additional download of it's own as I cannot see the free multiplayer being on a £60 disc.

As for the lack of flood. Every Halo game has been rated PEGI 16 here in the UK, including Halo CE, Halo 2 and Halo 3, all have the flood. Even Spartan Assault has the flood and it's PG 12. The flood or absence of will not guarantee a specific rating. Zeta Halo has flood containment facilities, the parasite could easily feature in Halo Infinite just as easily as it might not.

Time will tell.
I have seen probably 5 forums now that say halo infinite will not have the flood, but not a single on has given and solid proof. THE GORE FROM COMBAT FORMS IS NO WORSE THAN STOMPING A ROACH! Halo wars had arguably the worst part of the flood: cutscenes. The cutscenes showed the true horror and violence of the flood. The same goes for the cutscenes in halo 2A. In gameplay it is not nearly as gruesome. It is no worse than any PG-13 sci-fi movie I have ever seen. As for violence, you can literally stab another human in the face with a knife and then knee it further into their face in Halo 5 (a T-rated game). Halo infinite can be rated teen and still contain the flood.

(Apologies if this sounds too aggressive, but again, I think too many people believe that halo infinite won't have the flood purely based on the fact that the game is rated teen. So far, I have seen no other arguments.)
well, to the Karens and Moral Guardians at the ESRB, even a REFERENCE to the flood is more than enough for an M rating. Just look at all the previous Halos. Honestly, Karen doesn't care about what the gore is comparable to, she saw a monster and decreed that it's too scary for little Timmy
I have a feeling they will integrate the flood through a firefight or another add on later on.

No real tell tale weather or not it will be in game.
Perhaps they may have the Flood make their appearance in a DLC campaign but it's not known if it's to appear in the campaign outside of the DLC or not.
eviltedi wrote:
John9895 wrote:
*snip*
Halo Infinite is rated T for Violence.
*snip*
The T rating was a glitch. If you check their OFFICIAL WEBSITE, it says that Infinite is not even on their site (https://www.esrb.org/search/?searchKeyword=Halo%20Infinite&platform=All%20Platforms&rating=E%2CE10%2B%2CT%2CM%2CAO&descriptor=All%20Content&pg=1&searchType=All). By the way, i think you need to be 18 or older to be in esports. And also, what difference does it make if your game has a different letter on the cover?
The ESRB website lacking an entry for Halo Infinite may be due to spoilers necessarily being contained in the description.

The T rating is most certainly not a glitch. How could something so deliberate be a glitch? If you go to Halo Infinite's page in the Store on an Xbox One, the gameplay trailer now has a T for Violence warning attached to the beginning, which is not present in the original YouTube trailer. Someone intentionally added it.

e-Sports leagues set their own age restriction; there is no static age requirement for all leagues. However, if a game has a Mature rating, then everyone under 17 is precluded from participating in official tournaments as far as Halo is concerned. This was the case for Halo 4, I know for certain.
I live in the UK and it says rating pending when you search Halo Infinite. Rating Pending here too. As for the garbage called e sports, (my opinion), Halo Infinite's multiplayer could easily have a different rating to the campaign. It's free to play and will probably be an additional download of it's own as I cannot see the free multiplayer being on a £60 disc.

As for the lack of flood. Every Halo game has been rated PEGI 16 here in the UK, including Halo CE, Halo 2 and Halo 3, all have the flood. Even Spartan Assault has the flood and it's PG 12. The flood or absence of will not guarantee a specific rating. Zeta Halo has flood containment facilities, the parasite could easily feature in Halo Infinite just as easily as it might not.

Time will tell.
Agreed with your good statement.
At this point in time, the major known setting for Halo Infinite's campaign is Zeta Halo. For those who may be unfamiliar with the novels and the lore they contain, Zeta Halo featured heavily in the book Halo: Primordium, which was the second book in the Forerunner trilogy of novels.

A descendant or remnant of the Precursors known as the "Primordial" resided on Zeta Halo for a time. This creature was part of the Flood consciousness, and it was responsible for infecting Mendicant Bias with something called the "logic plague." There were other Flood exploits on Zeta Halo, and this information has inspired endless speculation on whether or not the Flood will return in Halo Infinite as an enemy faction.

The short answer is no.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/Halo-Infinite/9PP5G1F0C2B6

Halo Infinite is rated T for Violence. If the Flood feature in the game at all, it's highly unlikely that they will be an entity that the player can fight. Unless the ESRB has changed its standards for what constitutes gore, I personally don't believe the Flood will be in the game. And that's okay.

While it's worth noting that Halo Wars 2 has the Flood and retains its T rating, I wouldn't advise holding out for their presence in Halo Infinite. That would probably be setting yourself up to be disappointed.

I think the Flood have served their purpose within the narrative, and bringing them back would be pointless and an unnecessary headache for the narrative team.
Esrb has definitely changed their standards some. Halo 2 and 3 would not be rated M if they came out recently and halo 5 would've been rated M if it came out in 2007. The flood will probably come up at some point since its on zeta halo. Halo wars 2 had the flood and its rated t
Ken Static wrote:
This is a bit of a gray area of discussion. The flood were responsible for the Gore rating but Combat Evolved was actually almost rated T (if not for the language). I'm sure if they decided to integrate the flood, they can tone back the graphic content in a similar fashion like they did in Halo 4 and Halo Wars 2 which both featured the flood while maintaining a T Rating.
Halo 4 was rated M, because of that really intense scene where the scientists get composed. H5 was the first FPS halo game that was rated T.
One of the Halo YouTubers (maybe Late Night?) referred to the Flood as an "end game" enemy. And I have to agree. The Flood are the ultimate enemy in Halo. They're the reason for everything that has ever happened in the galaxy, from the creation of the Halo rings and the Prometheans to the formation of the Covenant to the events in the main trilogy, and they are the greatest threat. They're impact would be greatly lessened if we find ourselves fighting them again over several years or having them pop up in different places and repeatedly defeated without the infection spreading across the galaxy. Imagine if Thanos appeared as a main villain in several Marvel movies before Infinity War. If he kept fighting the superheroes and losing, he wouldn't be worth fearing, and his impact in Infinity War and End Game would have been next to void. If 343i and Microsoft plan on ending Halo soon, then sure, bring the beasts back out. If not, let's wait a while and save the Flood for an epic finale!
Halo has always been a pretty soft M rated title anyways. Not nearly as graphic as other M rated titles, like Borderlands where you can literally blow someone into a bloody pulp. The criteria for what is too gruesome for a T rated game has also changed as well. People are less sensitive to that kind of violence now, so it isn't unreasonable to say that the flood could fit in a T rated game, since Infinite seems to have no blood. The transformations would be the most difficult aspect of maintaining a T rating, but it could possibly work. I don't think the flood will be in the initial story of infinite though, but may be added later.
I would love to see the Flood in Halo Infinite even though the probability is low The more enemies the better
I would love to see the Flood in Halo Infinite even though the probability is low The more enemies the better
It's probably unlikely / unnecessary for the release game.

But Infinite has to tell the Halo story for the next decade. It will essentially encompass what would have been Halo's 6 through 11 (assuming a major release every 2 years)... so there is plenty of story that needs to be told... and it's hard to imagine that some of that won't involve the flood.

Should be fun...
It's kind of hard to believe that the flood wouldn't play at least a small roll in a Halo narrative. If you've read all the books you may know why. Anything relating to the forerunner or precursors is necessarily going to involve the flood in some way. If for no other reason than because...
Spoiler:
Show
The rating wont affect if the flood is in the game or not. Halo Wars 1 and 2 had flood in them, and with the Blur cutscenes they look way creapier than what they look in a normal game, and they are still rated T
Wolvalin wrote:
It's kind of hard to believe that the flood wouldn't play at least a small roll in a Halo narrative. If you've read all the books you may know why. Anything relating to the forerunner or precursors is necessarily going to involve the flood in some way. If for no other reason than because...
Spoiler:
Show
Then why no Flood in the Halo 4 and Halo 5 campaign?
You got me there
I kinda worry how the Flood would fit into a T-rated game, although everyone else has made fantastic points.
Halo CE, 2, and 3 if made today would be rated T, full stop. There's little to no cursing, none of it gets any worse than 'damn', the violence is incredibly minimalistic, and the only thing of note is the copious blood decals in CE (which I hope to god return in Infinite, the no-blood of 5 just looked weird and unsatisfying). The flood are gross but they're not like, overly bloody and gory-gross; they look more like mummies or plant material, and other T-rated games coming out these days have gotten away with much worse, and their appearance in HW2 was incredibly faithful. If Infinite will truly last at least ten years, it's only a matter of when, not if, and how well will they be done.
I kinda worry how the Flood would fit into a T-rated game, although everyone else has made fantastic points.
Halo CE, 2, and 3 if made today would be rated T, full stop. There's little to no cursing, none of it gets any worse than 'damn', the violence is incredibly minimalistic, and the only thing of note is the copious blood decals in CE (which I hope to god return in Infinite, the no-blood of 5 just looked weird and unsatisfying). The flood are gross but they're not like, overly bloody and gory-gross; they look more like mummies or plant material, and other T-rated games coming out these days have gotten away with much worse, and their appearance in HW2 was incredibly faithful. If Infinite will truly last at least ten years, it's only a matter of when, not if, and how well will they be done.
You think even Halo 3 would me T rated with that transformation process?
You think even Halo 3 would me T rated with that transformation process?
Yes, because it's just a model swap hidden under cartoonish blood and those big flood blisters popping up all over the models.
Wolvalin wrote:
Spoiler:
Show
Then why no Flood in the Halo 4 and Halo 5 campaign?
Simply put, we're not on any planets or facilities with Flood bioforms or research labs in those games, so it would make no sense to encounter them.

Requiem was a prison for the Didact, the Forerunners' best general, and was guarded by Prometheans, whom were made specifically to fight the Flood. It would make zero sense to store any Flood next to the last guy you want getting infected, and in the lore the Flood just never found Requiem.

Genesis was a factory for artificial planets, as well as housing a gateway to the Domain. Again, it would make zero sense to store any Flood here, and while this planet is never mentioned in the background canon, it's unlikely the Flood would concern itself with a planet that holds next-to-no biomass. Inhabited worlds like Sanghelios and Meridian obviously wouldn't have any Flood on them.

It wouldn't make sense for the Flood to be in either of those games, and if they were, unless they played a very integral part in the story, they'd feel very shoehorned in. We need to establish the new status quo before unleashing the ultimate enemy again.
Wolvalin wrote:
It wouldn't make sense for the Flood to be in either of those games, and if they were, unless they played a very integral part in the story, they'd feel very shoehorned in. We need to establish the new status quo before unleashing the ultimate enemy again.
I guess what you meant when you said
Quote:
Anything relating to the forerunner or precursors is necessarily going to involve the flood in some way.
was actually that anything relating to a Halo installation is necessarily going to involve the Flood in some way.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4