OP CeramicSugar248

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
so COD mordern beta has dropped ,
crossplay between pc,Xbox PlayStation . Check
32v 32 mode check
so far it is pretty seamless with hardly any issues ,remarkable when you consider it's a beta ,
ui with full feature settings check
the crossplay feature will a AAA expectation , and the bigger modes with both cod and battlefield both dining them while maintaining high graphical standard will also now be an expectation not to mention the UI settings options as well .
343i the challenge has been issued are you up to it ?
Personally I think 343i are more than up to it :D
I'm sure Infinite will have cross, just don't know if at launch or not. I don't know how it's not a standard thing yet, hope devs really push it for next gen. Not worrying what platform you're on to be able to play with the people you want is so cool.
Cross-Play doesn't even matter unless the populations on one device are low. As it will only be released on Xbox and PC- it's hardly a needed feature until later in the game's life cycle. You would also need to meticulously manage how the game performs on each device as to not give an advantage to the PC.

Seriously, it's not at all a feature that is required.
Vicex EMS wrote:
Cross-Play doesn't even matter unless the populations on one device are low. As it will only be released on Xbox and PC- it's hardly a needed feature until later in the game's life cycle. You would also need to meticulously manage how the game performs on each device as to not give an advantage to the PC.

It's not any more "required" than something like Splitscreen is. Look how well that turned out.

It's not mandatory to have it, but it's a good thing for many people to have that option, regardless of the game's population.
Vicex EMS wrote:

Good to see your looking and thinking ahead there mate . If activision and cod( you know the biggest yearly selling fps title ) thinks it's worth investing In there's a fair chance it will become the new gaming standard
. In the AAA space it's keep up with the technological innovations or get left by the wayside,
.as for older games think about what crossplay could do for the mcc .
Vicex EMS wrote:

Good to see your looking and thinking ahead there mate . If activision and cod( you know the biggest yearly selling fps title ) thinks it's worth investing In there's a fair chance it will become the new gaming standard
. In the AAA space it's keep up with the technological innovations or get left by the wayside,
So, by the argument, lootboxes are required in Halo: Infinite as well. It's a -Yoink- argument at best.
Vicex EMS wrote:
Vicex EMS wrote:

So, by the argument, lootboxes are required in Halo: Infinite as well. It's a -Yoink- argument at best.
Hate to break it to you buddy , but they are already in halo . And I wouldn't call them a technological innovation either . But hey I'm trying to talk about crossplay being an awesome innovation for gaming and a new standard moving forward and you want to discuss the tired old trope of loot boxes , go figure
Vicex EMS wrote:

It's not any more "required" than something like Splitscreen is. Look how well that turned out.

It's not mandatory to have it, but it's a good thing for many people to have that option, regardless of the game's population.
Splitscreen is a different issue as it has been a staple since the first game. It also allows people to invite those who do not own the game or who share the same Xbox to play.

Cross-play is really only useful in three conditions:

1) You have moderate-good sales and those sales are split between many platforms and/or there is a plan to support the game to a date past the usual collapse of populations [See: Anthem] (Xbox, PS, PC). This does not really apply to Halo, and we cannot postulate it will apply until sales figures for MCC and Infinite come in and can gauge population figures and interest.

2) You have poor sales, leading to low populations on one or more of your consoles. This may occur, but if that is the case, 343 has more to worry about.

3) You play a game when it is well past its life cycle. In which you are in the very small minority, and it's absolute rubbish to expect a developer to devote the resources to a system like this that only a fraction of the population will utilise. The only reason MCC will be an exception is due to it not having been released at the same time as the Xbox version, otherwise, the population for it too would be dismal and not worth the resources.
Vicex EMS wrote:
Vicex EMS wrote:

Hate to break it to you buddy , but they are already in halo . And I wouldn't call them a technological innovation either . But hey I'm trying to talk about crossplay being an awesome innovation for gaming and a new standard moving forward and you want to discuss the tired old trope of loot boxes , go figure
I'm very aware they are, however, if you take a closer read, you'd see that wasn't the point of the reference. Though if you don't think managing to add a DLC varient, which is randomised that people spend a great deal of money on is a 'technical innovation', you'd be sorely mistaking.

You have, unsurprisingly, yet to demonstrate how exactly cross-play will benefit Halo, the developers, or anyone other than a small fraction of the population- justifying the resources needed to make it happen beyond 'CoD did it'.

While we are at it, Destiny and The Division have had great success- so should we demand a "Game's as a Service" model as well? How about open-world? Dynamic Weather? Drop-in/out co-op? Battle Royal? Voice Controls? Movement-sensing devices? How about any number of other industrial fads?
Eh, I think the crossplay(preferably opt in) should be a given, the bigger modes not so much. As hopeful as I am for Modern Warfare, Ground War looked all kinds of rough. Maybe it will be immensely popular for pub stomping, but there doesn't seem to be all that much there.

Bigger =/= better.
Vicex EMS wrote:
Vicex EMS wrote:

Splitscreen is a different issue as it has been a staple since the first game. It also allows people to invite those who do not own the game or who share the same Xbox to play.

Cross-play is really only useful in three conditions:

1) You have moderate-good sales and those sales are split between many platforms and/or there is a plan to support the game to a date past the usual collapse of populations [See: Anthem] (Xbox, PS, PC). This does not really apply to Halo, and we cannot postulate it will apply until sales figures for MCC and Infinite come in and can gauge population figures and interest.

2) You have poor sales, leading to low populations on one or more of your consoles. This may occur, but if that is the case, 343 has more to worry about.

3) You play a game when it is well past its life cycle. In which you are in the very small minority, and it's absolute rubbish to expect a developer to devote the resources to a system like this that only a fraction of the population will utilise. The only reason MCC will be an exception is due to it not having been released at the same time as the Xbox version, otherwise, the population for it too would be dismal and not worth the resources.
Being a "staple" didn't mean much considering all the "evolved mechanics" in this day and age and the fact that it was removed in the first place. Especially since one of the two major reasons that Splitscreen was removed was because very few people were actually using it.

Even Phil Spencer said "oh yeah most people don't even play locally anymore, they play via Xbox LIVE. Times have changed, get over it." Your #3 already applies to Splitscreen, since a small minority of people will actually use it - yet not only are they going through the resources to put it back in for Infinite, 343i basically gave in and admitted that they're never getting rid of it ever again.

Even for your initial statement, the use of Play Anywhere and gamesharing with crossplay means you can invite those who play on a different platform, or just those who don't own the game at all in a Splitscreen-like fashion. Xbox's whole brand nowadays is to be all-inclusive regardless of platform.

The two issues are almost exactly the same - one just gets a free pass because "Halo did it before", but not enough for the other with "CoD did it." And you could really replace CoD with Gears of War or Forza - Xbox's other first party games, or Halo Wars 2 - another game in the Halo series.
I really do wonder what 343i has up its sleeves with Infinite. Whatever it is, I think it's gonna be big.
Sooo but in which way does the CoD MW matter to a H:I which is still over a year from being released?
I don't get the point of this thread
The Modern Warfare Beta, while just a beta, was plagued with que waits, connection issues, and mixing input devices in lobbies made for... an annoyance.
The only issue for me when it comes to any crossplay is that when you play against someone using a keyboard and mouse, you are limited. I know there are those who can hold thier own on a controller, but the majority of players will have a bad experience.
Now Infinity Ward have said that it will pair you with similar input devices in lobbies, but I guess in the beta it wasnt available. Or I didnt see it.
Halo Infinite on PC should probably do something similar, that way those who prefer gamepads, or keyboard and mouse can play in thier respective lobbies.
Give us crossplay 343, we can handle it. Pretty much every other game can.
SMOK69KMK wrote:
Sooo but in which way does the CoD MW matter to a H:I which is still over a year from being released?
Big stuff is happening and Halo Infinite needs to compete. That is the OP's point.
omarlotrc wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:
Big stuff is happening and Halo Infinite needs to compete. That is the OP's point.
Thing is, there always has & always will be big stuff happening, the industry never stands still.
Same goes especially for CoD, until H:I gets released there'll be CoD MW and CoD Next,
but why should 343i care?
It's not like H:I and CoD compete with each other, both games got their own niche and what one
game does isn't relevant to the other game in any way, hence IMO there's nothing to discuss.
SMOK69KMK wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:
Thing is, there always has & always will be big stuff happening, the industry never stands still.
Same goes especially for CoD, until H:I gets released there'll be CoD MW and CoD Next,
It's not like H:I and CoD compete with each other, both games got their own niche and what one
game does isn't relevant to the other game in any way, hence IMO there's nothing to discuss.
You want to make sure that people play your game. To do that, you need to do cool stuff that sets your game apart from all others.
omarlotrc wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:
You want to make sure that people play your game. To do that, you need to do cool stuff that sets your game apart from all others.
Exactly I agree wholeheartedly that's why I don't get the fuzz about CoD MW.
If a company wants to set its game apart from others it has to figure something out itself on their own
instead of looking what the competition does just to figure out how to incorporate their stuff,
that's why my point still stands
What does have anything what CoD do have to do with anything H:I does?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2