Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

The Game Should Release Nov 1-Dec 1 2021, Agree?

OP MagnusFarseeR

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I think the devs should have more time to create the best game possible and to improve the graphics. Releasing in early 2021 would not be good, Nov-Dec is usually when game companies make the most money so releasing sooner than that could impact sales numbers.
I am a big advocate on the notion that developers in this case 343 should delay the game as long as they need to. I mean we’ve waited 5 years already what does one more year hurt? It’s unfortunate for the series X since the sales are going to hurt due to Halo Infinite not releasing with it.
I am a big advocate on the notion that developers in this case 343 should delay the game as long as they need to. I mean we’ve waited 5 years already what does one more year hurt? It’s unfortunate for the series X since the sales are going to hurt due to Halo Infinite not releasing with it.
Agree 💯! Can’t wait for it to launch but would rather it launch with minimal bugs.
If it needs to be delayed be a full year, then yes it should. But if it’s ready sooner like let’s say during summer, then it should be released in summer.
Delaying Infinite to Q1 and Q2 of 2021 is a more realistic and business-friendly option; look at how ID Software was impressed with how much Doom Eternal's performance and stability improved with only a 3 1/2 month delay. Stretching a delay for another year would only cost time, money, and resources trying to keep tinkering with the game and increase the risks of something going wrong if a last-minute idea was concieved during that year-long delay.
I mean we’ve waited 5 years already what does one more year hurt?
I never liked this phrase...the first 2-3 years we had a supported game (you aren't actively waiting for the next game when the current game is still somewhat new). The next two years is when things got dry. They went back to competing in old games while teasing us with Infinite cinematics. The wait in this period is much more excruciating than the first period because the meat (Halo 5) has already been chewed and digested.

Even more excruciating than the second period is the last phase which we are in. An extra year at this point carries much more weight, especially when we were all expecting to already be playing it.

They shouldn't release the game in a poor state, but this doesn't mean they should extinguish the fire under their -Yoink- and take their sweet time. Perhaps the last monologue in the demo could work as double entendre with Escharum being "Halo Infinite" and Spartan being "the devs."

Tldr: it hurts, bad
I would have to say I disagree, the gane was clearly very far along since it was intended to release this fall. Delaying a year seems a bit much. If the game was this close they dont need another year, maybe a few months at most.
The game should release when the devs it should. If they say it should be good in February then I'm expecting it to be good by then. If they say November then sure thing.

I'm not really smart enough to know how much time it would take to finish a game based on one 20 minute gameplay trailer.
Ideally the developers should be given all the time they need to finish the game, and it won't have to be a buggy or staggered release, or worse still, launch unfinished and never get the full suite of intended features.

This is the double edged sword of the corporate nature of AAA game development. In exchange for all the resources and marketing given to the game, the studio is given deadlines, quotas and a whole list of other targets to meet that have little to do with the game itself. They have to meet the demands of Microsoft, sponsors, marketing departments, etc. all with their own timelines and product schedules. Not to mention the number of customers who don't care about all of this and just want the game now.

I hope a reasonable compromise is reached and 343 have the time they need to develop the game properly and release it without compromising on too many features. But to be realistic, it's clear there are some problems.
multiplayer and campaign should be prepared at launch, so whatever time it takes for them to do that will be fine by me, even if it comes in a year from now. otherwise, it'll affect the reputation of the game in a negative way if they add in stuff later that should've been ready at launch that was cut due to time constraints.
It should not take them an entire year just to make the games look next gen or at least a top-tier current gen game
I highly doubt it’s gonna take a year to make the graphics better
Monster might have accidentally revealed a timeframe for Infinites launch. If you take the survey after redeeming Double XP with your points, it says they'll send you a code in February to get a multiplayer emblem. Halofollower thought the screenshot was fake and easy to debunk, but it's literally public knowledge. Kind of surprised he covered it for ten seconds and let the screenshoy rot. Take the survey next time you redeem any XP and you'll get the same February 2021 message for an emblem. Now, keep in mind I am in no way confirming that Infinite will release in February, but it's extremley freakin wierd that they are pruposley waiting to let you redeem the emblem while all other content we've been granted access to is available to redeem right now. The Double XP, the Nerf AR skin and charm, and the Mega Construx Energy Sword charm. All this can be redeemed right now. The only other item requiring a wait time is the BR Skin, but that's because they want you to work for it by collecting a special code each month from the Snapchat filter.
Monster might have accidentally revealed a timeframe for Infinites launch. If you take the survey after redeeming Double XP with your points, it says they'll send you a code in February to get a multiplayer emblem.
They're probably just sending all the survery emblem codes at the same time, it will be more convenient than sending a code every time a player completes a survey. Get the surveys done, mass email the codes.

Also, as far as the topic goes, I think it will be late 2021 at the earliest before we see Halo Infinite. As I always say, I'll be happy to be proven wrong.
Delaying Infinite to Q1 and Q2 of 2021 is a more realistic and business-friendly option; look at how ID Software was impressed with how much Doom Eternal's performance and stability improved with only a 3 1/2 month delay. Stretching a delay for another year would only cost time, money, and resources trying to keep tinkering with the game and increase the risks of something going wrong if a last-minute idea was concieved during that year-long delay.
Yeah don't want to spend too much time messing with it. Some bad could come with the good.
I highly doubt it’s gonna take a year to make the graphics better
If we delay it 3 years then the game should be 3x better.
Joe coming back was hype for me lol i hope he slaps 343 and gets them working on the campaign and delay it for a November release
I think the devs should have more time to create the best game possible and to improve the graphics. Releasing in early 2021 would not be good, Nov-Dec is usually when game companies make the most money so releasing sooner than that could impact sales numbers.
Microsoft is heavily investing in game pass. Halo is expected to sell a lot of subscriptions. Game pass isnt like buying a game. They get $10 a month for the pass. So they cant release a crap game and still get the $60 for the disc. It has to be good enough to keep people renewing there subscriptions after the first month. Second month, etc. Or it wont be profitable. If it wasnt for game pass I'd say they may delay it to 2021 holiday to Increase sales. But thier whole strategy seems to be based on incremental sales so i think its possible we will see it in the spring.
As far as series x sales. Its gonna hurt. But launching a game in the spring with tax season approaching will not increase the sale very much for a $500 system. So a delay till 2021 xmas is feasible. But right now the one is the system making the loot with game pass. And it would just be yet another year older by the time xmas 2021 rolled around. So delaying the xbox one version, which is probably the one most will play at first. Doesnt make any since
Imo, the game is such a mess that I honestly don't think a year is enough to get it up to next-gen standard. Pretty much the whole game needs major reworking visually, mechanically and artistically. It simply cannot be "T" rated in order to achieve this. E3 '18 looked fine...I don't know what happened.

I think it'll be a big ask to get the game up to expectations in just a year from now. This is the Halo franchises last chance for a lot of people. It simply must blow people away. That hardware, the development time and those resources give 343 no excuses.
I disagree with that. We've waited for a long time for Halo Infinite. I'm thinking that it maybe will come out in Spring or Summer 2021 and the rating for Halo Infinite should by the way be M-Rated.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3