Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

The halo community want news about Halo Infinite.

OP l MASTERCHAOS l

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
Hi team of 343 Industries,

Maybe my post will never reach to you but what happen with the current state of Halo Infinite we ask as a customer if it's possible to get some update about it. I mean we are aware about the situation & a lot of question is going on without answer.

(What about the game engine? What about the story? Can we help as a community to give you some feedback, maybe a beta?, etc.)

Sean W who talk about the situation why the content is so drought & bring a lot of Youtubers like Halo Follower, Hidden Xperia, Late night gaming, etc.

videos are in the description below :

Sean W :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2cxGHMT7cg

Halo Follower :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2witjjwVxbk&t=49s

Installation 00 :
https://youtu.be/pFph4Pul6yI

FootedGhost :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IYRzhpGkqU&t=7s

Jerasunder :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhFj6oNjpjU

Custom Chief :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egx_34WqGzM

(I might update soon for other Youtubers)

to ask you why you're so discrete about it. That could help also to rebuild the hype around the game because after two weeks we get only a delay from 2021.

Everyone in the Halo community want answer because right now i think the hype train is dying slowly.
Everyone in the Halo community want you to be successful.
Everyone in the Halo community ask you this politely, that's why i post here in Halo waypoint.

PS: I'm just part of this community & i send this because i enjoy Halo. It's good faith.
It wouldn't take much to give us a little something every week or two. But if they did, they'd be focusing on something that wasn't directly related to finishing the game. Additionally, weekly updates probably wouldn't look like much when compared to what was given the week prior.

I just hope that there's some sort of Sprint documentary going on in the background. I'd love to see the work they're doing to bring us this game. Even if it's not until well after the launch.
I feel worried about the discretion of Infinite's development after that QaA they did some weeks ago. Maybe they see us as an external preassure they would prefer to avoid, knowing how some portions of the fanbase voice destructive criticism. But not all of us are that way, some of us want to know the current state and maybe give some points we would like to see improved.
Thank you for the post, I think most people feel the same way. We'd like to hear 343i's vision for the game and what we can expect (open world? story? f2p multiplayer? how does it actually work), not necessarily new gameplay or trailers.

There is very little we actually know about this game, especially when it was supposed to be released in a month and a half.
At this point you'd have better luck checking out some of the creators on Youtube for information/back story on Halo Zeta, The Banished, The Silent Shadow, etc. Its nice to learn more of the lore behind it but its only a placeholder for the real deal.
I couldn't agree with this enough.

343, please end the content drought!
Just be patient. 343i need to take their time...even if means delaying till 2022. Also Halo Youtubers are doing fine without Infinite news, also last time I checked HF all he does is clickbait so he's unlikely to post anything noteworthy.
ronnie42 wrote:
Just be patient. 343i need to take their time...even if means delaying till 2022. Also Halo Youtubers are doing fine without Infinite news, also last time I checked HF all he does is clickbait so he's unlikely to post anything noteworthy.
I respect being patient, but I admit to being worried about the state of this game. I want to give more input on their work to help them craft a game we're going to love for years to come. I also need to know if they've been honestly listening to us all these years.

For instance, I and many others have been waiting years to find out if we'll get to play as Elites in multiplayer. I need to know if they've cared about our feedback, I need to see it in some sort of media that they've listened. We haven't even had a hint in the last 5 years, and we probably won't get anything until the game actually has a set launch date.

Not to disregard the idea of waiting, I've waited this long and I can wait longer, but this game has a lot of hope ridding on it and I just want to know that it's not going to disappoint.
ronnie42 wrote:
I've been patient for 5 years. That's long enough.
It would be more than awesome if we could get an update about this game. I would be happy with a monthly update/new info. I want this game to succeed. I want to enjoy it. I know a lot of others do. I don't want want the Halo Infinite team distracted by giving out info, but I think the delay here opens up a bit of room. I'm all for asking 343i. Let's end the drought.
sniper945 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
I respect being patient, but I admit to being worried about the state of this game. I want to give more input on their work to help them craft a game we're going to love for years to come. I also need to know if they've been honestly listening to us all these years.

For instance, I and many others have been waiting years to find out if we'll get to play as Elites in multiplayer. I need to know if they've cared about our feedback, I need to see it in some sort of media that they've listened. We haven't even had a hint in the last 5 years, and we probably won't get anything until the game actually has a set launch date.

Not to disregard the idea of waiting, I've waited this long and I can wait longer, but this game has a lot of hope ridding on it and I just want to know that it's not going to disappoint.
The only thing that companies listen to is their share holders. The larger the crowd that wants a product, the more money to be made.

That being said, they could release literally small things just to keep people on the hook (IE: drawings, concept art, new updates on weapons in previous Halos, etc.) in increments. Shows new things in the game but doesn't tip their hat on campaign plot or things of that nature.

The fact that a Beta was shot down screams in volume that community feedback isn't whats important. The fact that with the campaign preview STILL had the Holiday 2020 release date then two weeks later it was pushed back (you don't find out within two weeks that a game is going to be ready or not); i don't know i just feel that there was so much laughter at the game from the Gaming community (Sony, PC, etc.) almost as if "This is Halo? Your companies flagship game? I guess it doesn't look that bad." It just embarrassed them to the point where they had to make moves to at least give the appearance that they "cared" what the feedback was, what people said/are saying, etc. Hence bringing some OG Halo names back into the fold.

I really hope this game is worth the wait in the darkness.
ronnie42 wrote:
No offense, fellow Spartan, but we've been told to be patient for years now since the first teaser announcement. Matter fact there was a bit of a spat over this very subject regarding "be patient" that mods got involved in. And then before the ganeplay reveal, we were supposed to get a campaign reveal, mp reveal, breakdowns, forge reveal and breakdown, all within a single Summer toward a Fall release. And this stream of info was the big payoff for our patience.

Well we were patient and sure enough, campaign reveal was polarizing. And I can't help but think, "Maybe if we were in on the world design and grapple hook and such a year ago..." Now I'm thinking what else will be revealed that will be huge controversies because of this archaic secrecy 343 is doing. What could we avoid about MP *right now*, that we won't have to patch post launch?

It's not that we want info just to have info, we can give feedback that they plenty time to implement before launch (or at least in the first big patch post launch). We've been patient. This is the longest drought between Halo games we ever dealt with.
Thank you for you support everyone. it's gonna be really important to make this post is top priority to be seen. Make sure to send all of your friends who loved this franchise & give a thumbs up about this thread. It will be more politely to ask from HaloWaypoint than spamming from Twitter in my opinion.
While I understand calls for patience, I'm glad people are getting impatient about this. People shouldn't go out and scream on the streets about the five years we've been waiting for this game, but we should at least be willing to understand why we're impatient.

Its been five years, and we know some to little about this game. Not enough to make a pre-order purchase, thats for sure. From the last community post it sounds like they're still getting their new plan in order, and while I understand that they're shook up by the pandemic and probably aren't having a swell time building the game on their home devices(assuming what we saw in July...), the pandemic's only been around for a good six months. Maybe they were in the process of polishing the game up, and that was vital to the game and so on/so forth, but for the most part we don't know the full story. But I do know that its been five long years, much longer than the several months they've had to go through on this game, and with that I would've assumed we would've seen something more than what we've seen: a chunk of audio recordings for Infinite, 3 cinematic trailers(with only one to do with the story), 2 gameplay trailers(one including the 8m premiere), three musical tracks from the game, tiny pieces of info from over the years, and some fair bit of concept art.

I'd hope for more from a AAA big budget studio that holds one of the "definitive reasons to own an Xbox" while they're on the home stretch, and now are left with a rough launch window and old plans to reorganize.

I really want to believe this game is going to be good, but there's red flags littered across the game and its development that just don't make me feel confident when I should be. My sympathy for the developers can only go so far, because

it's been five years. And if we can't even get a screenshot or two of the game's mechanics in action, I'm going to remain cautious about putting my faith into 343.

At least, till we get some more consistent news drops about the actual game(weather, lighting, gameplay, fidelity, etc.), but that seems like a fair bit away. I think its fair to at least ask for something more substantial from the devs, as long as we aren't shrieking our lungs out obscenities towards the heavens. There's so much more they could explain to us, and I can't see a good enough reason as to why they didn't talk to us.

Edit 9-28-2020: Something else that I've thought about, especially with Superman Kenobi's post about this topic, is 343's lack of confidence and certainty in Halo Infinite. I think the worries people have of this game are absolutely not being helped by 343's lack of direct information on this game. They show us something big, and after receiving some backlash and delaying the game, we haven't gotten much since. We shouldn't have to be worried about Halo if we didn't think that something we didn't like was going to end up being the final product, and even if its too late to change the very core of the game, that doesn't mean the fans can't still offer feedback on those core mechanics and provide ideas to improve them. A fair bit of people aren't fans of enhanced mobility, and that crowd probably will feel the same as they do for Halo 5 for Halo Infinite. But that doesn't mean that, if there were to be a beta, or flighting program, or even just some more information on the game's mechanics, we couldn't provide some info that'll help the devs get a clearer picture of a better Halo Infinite. Not as if Halo Infinite is good or bad, cause we really don't know for sure(but could make some guesses from the premiere of the state of the game), but feedback would regardless offer the devs some insight into more perspectives on the mechanics than just themselves.

343 doesn't owe us anything, that's a given. A game studio the size of 343 with the backing it has doesn't owe us anything, and never will. But if the most consistent thing about 343's current communication with us for the past five years about Halo Infinite has been Megabloks and prop leaks, then I will be baffled if they expect us to pre-order the game or buy it day one without a second thought of where you could better spend your money.

If we could get something consistent that yells in our faces that we can be assured that this game will be good, that 343 is certain that this game will be good, then I'm sure we would be satisfied until the game comes out, no matter how long. I'm not asking for a flighting program, as much as I believe we should have one. I'm not asking for a beta, as much as I hope for one. I'm not even asking for a trailer every now and then, not for a release date, not for a small ONI Archive-like update on the universe as much as I hope for one. Just a few screenshots and a few paragraphs about varying parts of the game(story, mechanics, etc) on a regular basis, like the monthly development update for MCC but smaller, is all 343 would probably need to do to quell the fanbase's concern. That said, given the recent Community Update post, I think they're trying hard to get something together for us. I wouldn't know their plan, but whatever it is, I think this'll die down once it shows up. Unless its one big drop and we're left starving until the next one, then we're gonna get antsy all over again.

We'll just have to wait n' see, really. Maybe 343 takes what we say here in consideration at least.

Maybe my post will never reach to you but what happen with the current state of Halo Infinite we ask as a customer if it's possible to get some update about it. I mean we are aware about the situation & a lot of question is going on without answer.

(What about the game engine? What about the story? Can we help as a community to give you some feedback, maybe a beta?, etc.)

Sean W who talk about the situation why the content is so drought & bring a lot of Youtubers like Halo Follower, Hidden Xperia, Late night gaming, etc.

Sean W :

Halo Follower :

to ask you why you're so discrete about it. That could help also to rebuild the hype around the game because after two weeks we get only a delay from 2021.

Everyone in the Halo community want answer because right now i think the hype train is dying slowly.
Everyone in the Halo community ask you this politely, that's why i post here in Halo waypoint.

PS: I'm just part of this community & i send this because i enjoy Halo. It's good faith.
As much as I hate saying this, I think the hype for Infinite died when they showed the demo. A lot of people were expecting them to go back to a more simplistic style aka no sprint animation, no ADS style zooming animation, etc and they didn't (at least for the campaign) then there was the graphics. They looked VERY far from next generation and then they became the brunt of jokes and such. Then there was the free to play announcement which might be a good thing, who knows, but it definitely has caused a lot of concern with a lot of people for good reason. Then they ultimately delayed the game (which was the right call) which in my opinion was the final nail for many people's hype for Infinite and even for series x to a degree.

Now, that's not to say they can't get some hype back, but I think it's a pretty up hill battle from here on out. Personally, I think they need to talk about and reveal some information and even footage of multiplayer. As big as campaign is multiplayer is Halos bread and butter. I think that might be one of the only ways for them to bring hype back.
I feel like 343 over estimates what we mean by content. For myself personally, I just want the bare minimum. If they had dropped a canon fodder article relating to the origin and functionality of the new weapons within halo infinite... that would satisfy. Tell me about when the MA40 was issued within the UNSC or how the mangler came about, I just want something to look at!

Sean W :

Halo Follower :

Do we really want more news though?
The news is its been delayed until some time 2021
more news will come in due course, so until then I just put on my big boy pants and wait patiently.
sniper945 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:

I get what you're saying but people make mistakes and they will need time, yes many of us have asked for Elites for a long time...though in fairness I wish they had been less quiet about the production of Infinite with the amount game elements like art style, etc...

sniper945 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
The fact that a Beta was shot down screams in volume that community feedback isn't whats important. The fact that with the campaign preview STILL had the Holiday 2020 release date then two weeks later it was pushed back (you don't find out within two weeks that a game is going to be ready or not); i don't know i just feel that there was so much laughter at the game from the Gaming community (Sony, PC, etc.) almost as if "This is Halo? Your companies flagship game? I guess it doesn't look that bad." It just embarrassed them to the point where they had to make moves to at least give the appearance that they "cared" what the feedback was, what people said/are saying, etc. Hence bringing some OG Halo names back into the fold.

I really hope this game is worth the wait in the darkness.
I suspect the beta may end up being back on, I suspect the reason why the beta wasn't going to happen is because they were concerned about a release date, very short deadlines and this is probably less of an issue now due the delay with no release date.
So a beta is more than likely going to happen eventually. Plus it's better to have a beta way before a release than rushing out a beta barely weeks/months before a release.
If a Beta is back on the table, why not talk about it? They should be doing a multiplayer Beta this Holiday season instead of the game's launch. We know the Multiplayer is in a better state than the campaign since they considered launching it separately. Instead, we get more silent indecision.
If a Beta is back on the table, why not talk about it? They should be doing a multiplayer Beta this Holiday season instead of the game's launch. We know the Multiplayer is in a better state than the campaign since they considered launching it separately. Instead, we get more silent indecision.
I said might because speculating, no release date has been confirmed so for all we know release could be 2021 or 2022, actually we don't know what the state of the multiplayer is because nothing has been revealed. If there is going to be a 'beta' it would more likely be in 2021, if the virus situation get's better/worse then it will obviously change when a beta can happen.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5