Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

The halo community want news about Halo Infinite.

OP l MASTERCHAOS l

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
I think they don't add any news because they want Halo Infinite to be a kind of surprise for the players, anyway i don't want any news, i think it would be better just see the final game.
I think they don't add any news because they want Halo Infinite to be a kind of surprise for the players, anyway i don't want any news, i think it would be better just see the final game.
A surprise would be nice if people had faith in the quality of the product we could get at launch. I'm sure 343 is a competent studio with many brilliant minds working to try and create something we like, but things like player feedback is what allows us to have a look at the state of the game and features we do or don't like. Having the ability to give the devs straight up feedback on things we support and things we want changed can make a better Halo Infinite than leaving it to the devs alone, and as far as many have seen from the gameplay trailer, 343 doesn't seem like its in a position to have the benefit of the doubt by the fanbase. We saw the visual changes and graphical issues 343 took in the trailer, and for those changes to be as polarizing as they were puts little faith in 343's ability to deliver what fans want.

Even if the game ends up launching in spring of 2020 or 2025, 343 doesn't have an excuse as to why they can't at least let us give feedback on the game. Many are concerned for this game, and flighting/news that we could give actual constructive feedback on can help quell that concern. Given that pre-orders are already live, I'd say the game is coming out closer than some think.
ronnie42 wrote:
If a Beta is back on the table, why not talk about it? They should be doing a multiplayer Beta this Holiday season instead of the game's launch. We know the Multiplayer is in a better state than the campaign since they considered launching it separately. Instead, we get more silent indecision.
I said might because speculating, no release date has been confirmed so for all we know release could be 2021 or 2022, actually we don't know what the state of the multiplayer is because nothing has been revealed. If there is going to be a 'beta' it would more likely be in 2021, if the virus situation get's better/worse then it will obviously change when a beta can happen.
I doubt they'll be a beta or flights at this point. I actually don't believe the game is being delayed a full year, more like a March/April launch.
We saw the visual changes and graphical issues 343 took in the trailer, and for those changes to be as polarizing as they were puts little faith in 343's ability to deliver what fans want.
I dont think 343 is going to do something bad for the graphics neither the gameplay, the graphics we saw in the trailer were pretty alike H5's graphics, if metal looks like plastic it's because in H5 actually looks like that, also i didn't hear/see anyone complain about that in H5.

And the movement mechanics from H5 in my opinion are the best of all games, if they did a pretty good job on the last game, why would i worry about the next one?

Even if the game ends up launching in spring of 2020 or 2025, 343 doesn't have an excuse as to why they can't at least let us give feedback on the game.
I think it's because they receive a lot of bad critics about his work, when 343 hears the community they don't split one froms others, and because of that they got nervous and delayed the game, how they are going to decide who can feedback and who can?
I think that's why Halo Waypoint was made, to let the community feedback them, still... There's people who make bad critics like: I don't like it, everything is wrong blah blah.
And that's something that Bungie never did in those times, Yes they got forums and all but they never heard the community.
speedyjr11 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
If a Beta is back on the table, why not talk about it? They should be doing a multiplayer Beta this Holiday season instead of the game's launch. We know the Multiplayer is in a better state than the campaign since they considered launching it separately. Instead, we get more silent indecision.
I said might because speculating, no release date has been confirmed so for all we know release could be 2021 or 2022, actually we don't know what the state of the multiplayer is because nothing has been revealed. If there is going to be a 'beta' it would more likely be in 2021, if the virus situation get's better/worse then it will obviously change when a beta can happen.
I doubt they'll be a beta or flights at this point. I actually don't believe the game is being delayed a full year, more like a March/April launch.
That seems unlikely since no mainline Halo has ever released around then.
ronnie42 wrote:
speedyjr11 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
It was supposed to be released in November, like other Halo games. They delayed it until an unknown 2021 date. Pushing the games release to Holiday 2021 just so it "releases" like other main Halo games is not a smart strategy at all.
speedyjr11 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
speedyjr11 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
It was supposed to be released in November, like other Halo games. They delayed it until an unknown 2021 date. Pushing the games release to Holiday 2021 just so it "releases" like other main Halo games is not a smart strategy at all.
Actually based on general feedback from a majority of the community from the previous 'reveal'...it makes sense to delay it a year at minimum so they can make it the best it can be since I seriously doubt most people want to spend 10 years on a Halo game if it's bad. I seriously doubt any dev's want to rush out a release a couple of months after a previous release date...especially for a studio that's supposed to be a AAA studio because nobody in the industry likes the 'crunch', even if they could I doubt many of us would want to burn them out or it will make it hard for the dev's to be creative.
OP, I’ve got to say I agree with you. I used to be one of those guys that said to be patient but these youtubers make an excellent point.

343i, I’m a consumer of Halo and have been for 20 years. I’ve bought every Legendary edition, every side game, every custom console, every novel, and every other piece of lore I can get my hands on. I love Halo’s universe and the stories that take place within it. I love it as a solid, mechanically sound FPS. Every other gaming franchise I follow takes a back seat to Halo. I don’t think it’s too much to ask for a steady drip of content. A drip. I’m not asking for a lot. Back in the Halo 3 days they’d have updates where they just talked about the physics and fidelity of water and they didn’t even show pictures! That was enough. They had tutorials on how to use new weapons before the beta. Stuff like that. You don’t want to talk about Cortana? Fine. The Didact? Okay. You don’t want to show us different biomes on Zeta Halo? I like surprises. What this looks like to me is that you’re hiding something. Maybe it’s because criticism against you has been so harsh. I’ve always found something appreciate in every one of your releases. I appreciate both art styles and both types of game mechanics. I see the value in both and can understand the agreements against both but I still have fun playing them all. There many more of us out there in the silent majority that feel the same way. The only thing that concerns me is that you seem to abandon your story plans in between releases. I’m hoping you have some grand plan to tie up all these loose ends and tell a cohesive story.
Anyway, back on topic, let me tell you something. The last game I bought with this little information was Fallout 76. Bethesda hid that game from everyone and sold it on name recognition alone. It feels almost like you’re trying to do the same thing. I’ll try it on Gamepass before I buy if this keeps up because I won’t be fooled again. Please, take a page from Cyberpunk 2077, and just do a nice slow release of content and slowly build the hype up to release. I want you to succeed in bringing Halo back to the pinnacle of gaming and the best way to do that is to keep people talking about more than Craig memes. Best of luck 343i.
I dont think 343 is going to do something bad for the graphics neither the gameplay, the graphics we saw in the trailer were pretty alike H5's graphics, if metal looks like plastic it's because in H5 actually looks like that, also i didn't hear/see anyone complain about that in H5.[/quote|

And the movement mechanics from H5 in my opinion are the best of all games, if they did a pretty good job on the last game, why would i worry about the next one?
I'm sure 343 is a competent studio, again. I'm sure they will use this time wisely to improve on the graphics and gameplay wherever they see fit. That said, if you could clarify on what you mean you didn't see anyone complain about the art style in H5? If I understand what you're saying, you haven't seen anyone complain about metal looking like plastic in Halo 5, which I can't tell if you mean that as sarcasm or not since I recall plenty complaints of plastic looking armor amongst the community in Halo 5.

That said, Halo 5 does have its audience, and for the most part I think you'll have a good time with the game's mechanics based on what we saw. Personally I like both versions of Halo, but I could never really get good at Halo 5's movement mechanics lol.

That also said, Halo Infinite's gameplay premiere was polarizing for many fans. There was a fair bit introduced and a fair bit that stayed, both of which remain controversial(remaining being H5's movement abilities, introduced being changes to the default Magnum/Shotgun being the effective replacements of the two and new weapons introduced). There wasn't a need to change the Magnum to the Sidekick like there wasn't a need to change the SPNKr into the H5 Rocket Launcher. People have spoken against these changes, and despite what many have said, 343 changed classic designs in favor of new ones once more. Some of the changes Halo Infinite made really don't sit well with many, and that concern is only bubbling over. Even if we can't get a flight, maybe we could get consistent updates about tech being used to build the world in Halo Infinite? Or maybe enemy designs? Maybe even a few new weapons that aren't revealed through leaks or toy reveals?

But again, I think you'll be pleased with Halo Infinite's movement mechanics, which isn't a problem. I think I will be too, once I actually git gud. The problem is how little we've heard of this game and how long its been in development. It'd be nice to get something consistent to quell worries about the game, even if you aren't as concerned.
I think it's because they receive a lot of bad critics about his work, when 343 hears the community they don't split one froms others, and because of that they got nervous and delayed the game, how they are going to decide who can feedback and who can?
I think that's why Halo Waypoint was made, to let the community feedback them, still... There's people who make bad critics like: I don't like it, everything is wrong blah blah.
And that's something that Bungie never did in those times, Yes they got forums and all but they never heard the community.
Yeah, they can't exactly pick and choose who they can allow to send feedback. If they were to send out regular tech reveals of systems in the game like rain or AI, that'd be up to the masses. They shouldn't listen to any one section of the community, which can be rough to sift through, but would allow them to get a general picture of what we want. Yes, there are critics who have very little good to say about the game or about 343, but that doesn't mean there aren't people in these forums with good, constructive opinions about what they see in the game. We just don't have much to really give criticism about other than what we've already seen, and with preorders for this game already purchasable, I don't get why we shouldn't see more for this game than we already have. I get what you mean though, with the bad critics. The response they got from the premiere really sent them back, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't look at what we talk about, even if they have to sift through some obscenities. These forums were made for a reason.

As an alternative, though less probably, 343 could carry out the flighting program whenever they get it together. Flighting's worked for other games, albeit them being older and having the benefit of already being mostly built out, but flighting as a whole has allowed the community to step in, address bugs or glitches they found in the process, and give feedback on the game in a technical way. Flighting for Infinite could allow us to add our own individual opinions while also providing technical feedback for 343 to consider while they keep working on the game.

As far as I know, yeah. Bungie didn't really listen to the community. But Bungie didn't make changes in the way 343 did. Bungie had the benefit of the doubt, at least for the trilogy, since Bungie was consistent in what they put out. They tweaked classic designs through the years(except for a select few weapons that underwent some major changes, like the Magnum from H2) but kept them still close to their older selves, kept a fairly consistent style, and was consistent in delivering narratives the fans liked. I'll admit, part of it was probably because of how young many of us were at the time, and some of us still look at then with rose-tinted glasses, but many still consider these parts of the Halo franchise some of the best, new fans and old alike. It doesn't speak for literally everyone, but Bungie did a good job for what they had.

Bungie also had the convenience of being the people who first worked on the IP. Whatever they set in stone would be what fans would continue to like about the franchise to the coming future, a convenience 343 did not have when they made Halo 4 and 5.
I'm trying to be patient... I really am.

I understand the stresses of a big AAA game... new console launch... COVID... and so on.

I'm all for the delay if things aren't ready. That's life... and I want Halo to be the best it can be.

And I'm one of the ones who thought the demo was more good than bad!

But this continuing drought of information is starting to nudge me from jaded towards snarky. I was ok in the beginning - some genuinely heartfelt posts and the music drops (awesome!). But since then it's all dried up. We're a fair way down the track now and we pretty much know a fraction of an iota of stuff all.

They've pretty much broken their promise to keep us in the loop.

Like some of said... we don't need much. But by now we should have had an honest update of where the project's at. We don't need a date - but we should have an idea of which part of 2021 we're looking at. And keep us engaged; a weekly screenshot... a bit of a focus on enemies / weapons / maps. An employee bios. A chat with the engine guys. Honestly it could all be 95% PR fluff - just as long as there is a bit of game substance to keep us ticking over.

They desperately need to change the narrative back to Halo and it's game play - but this can only be done by talking to us. Show us why we should be excited about 4K, 60fps, open world (for which the graphics are very good). It should never have been put on the pedestal to sell the next generation of consoles (that is the role of the tightly scripted corridor shooter). But this gaping chasm of silence just fuels the doubts and rumours.
Hey guys, i'm reading your post & it's great to see how the story is going on from your own perspective. I'm always updating the thread right now. Keep sending the words to other fans.
Asking for a tiny bit of info on a monthly basis isn't impatient if you ask me. Just shows people are excited and hyped up for the game. I'm no game dev or anything, but I think the community needs something to chew on.
Honestly even just some screenshots or something would be great
Exactly. We're not asking for another demo or anything too crazy. Even a new shot of the Chief and the Pilot would suffice. Just not another long period with absolutely nothing again.
Exactly. We're not asking for another demo or anything too crazy. Even a new shot of the Chief and the Pilot would suffice. Just not another long period with absolutely nothing again.
This^^^
That right there, man. That's the heart and soul of what a lot of us here are trying to say.

As long as we can get something that's substantial that we can at least get some satisfaction from, I think many will be less worried about it. I would still argue for something a bit more particular, like images or updates of in-game mechanics, effects, or systems would be much more satisfactory than image(s) of anything at all, though.

But I wouldn't complain if we at least get something consistently. Of everything I've said here, consistent communication with us about Halo Infinite is all I want most. Not that what I've mentioned isn't as important, but if I were to have to choose one thing, consistent communication between the fans and the devs would help a lot. I'm sure. You've said it, others have said it: it isn't much too ask for. Not at all.
That right there, man. That's the heart and soul of what we're all trying to say.

As long as we can get something that's substantial that we can at least get some satisfaction from, I think many will be less worried about it. I would still argue for something a bit more particular, like images or updates of in-game mechanics, effects, or systems would be much more satisfactory than image(s) of anything at all, though.

But I wouldn't complain if we at least get something consistently. Of everything I've said here, consistent communication with us about Halo Infinite is all I want most. Not that what I've mentioned isn't as important, but if I were to have to choose one thing, consistent communication between the fans and the devs would help a lot. I'm sure. You've said it, others have said it: it isn't much too ask for. Not at all.
Developer blogs talking about infinite, don’t even need pictures just mention what you’re (343) doing with halo infinite doesn’t have to be a lot.... I’d suffice with a sentence or two at this point
Honestly, I see that 343 is trying their best while working under the hardest of circumstances. We have to give them a little credit, but at the same time we need to see some action! Like many have said, the hype train has definitely gone down.. after the campaign reveal, everybody and their dog was talking about infinite. Nowadays, you have to specifically search all over to find any little content regarding the subject. So yes we do need to see a little something, maybe a new armor ability...or proof that sprint will not be in mp (for the love please)

I love the idea that they are going to take more time to develop and improve the game, I think that they got some much needed feedback after the July event. A lot of the community is upset about a number a things (sprint, weapons looking/feeling the same, graphics, og weapons being removed, etc.) and this is an amazing time to make these fixes. I really hope that they are reading the forums and putting together a game that will last and be constantly fun.... halo 3 for example.

All and all, im super psyched for the game and i cant wait!!!
That said, if you could clarify on what you mean you didn't see anyone complain about the art style in H5? If I understand what you're saying, you haven't seen anyone complain about metal looking like plastic in Halo 5, which I can't tell if you mean that as sarcasm or not since I recall plenty complaints of plastic looking armor amongst the community in Halo 5.
It was meaning in a comparative way, of course they were player complain about the metal graphics but it were waaaay less players and less aggressive with the comments, maybe because the game was made like that and in those times there was nothing to do but play the game
That doesn't mean there aren't people in these forums with good, constructive opinions about what they see in the game. We just don't have much to really give criticism about other than what we've already seen.
That doesn't mean they shouldn't look at what we talk about, even if they have to sift through some obscenities. These forums were made for a reason.
Yeah, like i said that's the reason why i think Halo Waypoint was better developed, but even here when the trailer was launched most of the people were very aggressive with them.
Even if we can't get a flight, maybe we could get consistent updates about tech being used to build the world in Halo Infinite? Or maybe enemy designs? Maybe even a few new weapons that aren't revealed through leaks or toy reveals?
I know what you're saying i'd see that on other games before, but think they don't want to do that anymore, it was delayed one time and i don't think Microsoft let them to delayed the game one more time, like you, i wouldn't mind if they delayed the game to 2030, but they have a big pressure to hurry up, even if most of the players wouldn't mind about it, even in Halo 2 bungie took away so many things, all because of the pressure of time.
As an alternative, though less probably, 343 could carry out the flighting program whenever they get it together. Flighting's worked for other games, albeit them being older and having the benefit of already being mostly built out, but flighting as a whole has allowed the community to step in, address bugs or glitches they found in the process, and give feedback on the game in a technical way. Flighting for Infinite could allow us to add our own individual opinions while also providing technical feedback for 343 to consider while they keep working on the game.
Something like they do in Halo MCC? That means that players will see a progress of the game, just like last time, and I'm sure that the last thing 343 wants this time is for the community to criticize them so negatively again, that's why they hired some old bungie employees, i think this time is going to be only them working in the game, no more people asking them to be like the old times and things like that, with the thing we saw in the trailer they're gonna improve it and just do they job, so as bungie used to do.
As far as I know, yeah. Bungie didn't really listen to the community. But Bungie didn't make changes in the way 343 did. Bungie had the benefit of the doubt, at least for the trilogy, since Bungie was consistent in what they put out. They tweaked classic designs through the years(except for a select few weapons that underwent some major changes, like the Magnum from H2) but kept them still close to their older selves, kept a fairly consistent style, and was consistent in delivering narratives the fans liked. I'll admit, part of it was probably because of how young many of us were at the time, and some of us still look at then with rose-tinted glasses, but many still consider these parts of the Halo franchise some of the best, new fans and old alike. It doesn't speak for literally everyone, but Bungie did a good job for what they had.

Bungie also had the convenience of being the people who first worked on the IP. Whatever they set in stone would be what fans would continue to like about the franchise to the coming future, a convenience 343 did not have when they made Halo 4 and 5.

That's right the keyword is consistent, when 343 launched Halo 4 it was too much different from the other games, they wanted to do something new, something to say: now i'm in charge and that was the problem, while bungie launched every game with little differences like, now you can double wielding, now you can't with some weapons but there's some new devices to use. But 343 do BIG changes in their games and yes that's a bad point on favor for them

Also i don't think they have been working on Halo Infinite for 5 years, the firt time we saw the banished was in Halo wars 2 and the Halo Infinite's story looks like it's all based on the Chief vs The Banished, so at least they were working on the story for a year and 2 years for the game.

Also i have to say that Halo CE had worst graphics than Halo 2, and they were launched in the same console, Halo Reach looks better than Halo 3 and they were launched in the same console, now 343 is working in a new console and they only worry about FPS, 4k quality and those things what a PC can do, but they lacks on the art style, they thought that the quality is the best thing in a game, just how PC players always boast.

I know that Halo used to be the example to follow for most of the games, but there's already a lot of games more popular thanhalo (I'm not saying they are good games) but even if 343 wanted to go back to the old games, Microsoft will just want money, even if that means to turn Halo into a battle royale.
Halo's Bungie was allowed to do that.

343 needs to let us know what they're planning as early as possible. Right now the only confidence I have in a 343 Halo game is Forge mode. 100% trust there.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5