Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

The Old Faces

OP x N7 117 x

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
One thing I would personally like to see is older characters making a return in Halo: Infinite. Characters like Admiral Hood, Rtas 'Vadum, Jun, and Fireteam Majestic, to name a few. Even if it is in a cutscene, or briefly helping out in a mission, just so we can be assured that 343i haven't brushed these characters aside to other media and forgotten about them.
x N7 117 x wrote:
One thing I would personally like to see is older characters making a return in Halo: Infinite. Characters like Admiral Hood, Rtas 'Vadum, Jun, and Fireteam Majestic, to name a few. Even if it is in a cutscene, or briefly helping out in a mission, just so we can be assured that 343i haven't brushed these characters aside to other media and forgotten about them.
I would love them all but not Team Majestic, their behaviour is just too much off for Spartans...
I'm not big on Majestic, myself. I don't necessarily think Hood needs to come back, either, but I'm open to the possibility and wouldn't mind seeing him. Rtas 'Vadum would be cool if he' s working with Arbiter again. Arbiter is really who I'd like to see take a prominent place in the campaign again- yes, he was technically present in Halo 5, but I feel like he was very underutilized and felt off character as well.

Jun would be an interesting choice, and I'd love to see him in a mainline game. I just don't know precisely what to do with him in one.
I don't think infinite would need to mix & match all the characters in the franchise, their return only matters if they have a role, a connection to the story itself. If a character returns, their return should have some meaning to it and I doubt such meanings could be reached with a really wide roster of recurring characters.
It would just seem unlikely and could turn out as bit of a messy storytelling to have so many characters returning in time of 1 game.
So there definitely could be returning characters but I just hope it's the quality of the return over quantity of returns.
x N7 117 x wrote:
Poor Rtas, Oni won't get off his back long enough for him to make an appearance...

Hood would be great, and I'm sure Ron Perlman would love to come back for the role.
I’m pretty sure 343 almost wish to refuse that spartan ops existed so I can’t imagine we’ll see majestic. They’ve basically been retconned alongside the majority of the story threads from Spartan ops. Never really understood that though there was no sign of the janice key in halo 5 but they kept Halsey losing her arm.
terrraaa wrote:
I’m pretty sure 343 almost wish to refuse that spartan ops existed so I can’t imagine we’ll see majestic. They’ve basically been retconned alongside the majority of the story threads from Spartan ops. Never really understood that though there was no sign of the janice key in halo 5 but they kept Halsey losing her arm.
The Janus Key was used in the comic book Halo: Escalation. Disappointing that we didn't get to see that plot developed in game in my opinion.

The Halopedia page for the Janus Key lists Halo 5: Guardians in its appearances, but there is no source referencing Halo 5: Guardians and I'm not sure what they're talking about.
Some old faces would be nice, since we were denied the bro moment we thought would happen once Chief returned to Sangheilios with Locke.
I don't ever want to see Master Chief's face.
F4NNtastik wrote:
I don't ever want to see Master Chief's face.
This topic isn't about the Master Chief. It is about previous characters making a return to the franchise.
Majestic was going to be in Halo 5, but the voice actor for Thorne couldn't make it as he was going to be part of Osiris. Nathan Fillion was then brought aboard for Buck, who replaced Thorn and Majestic as a whole. One of the only good moves 343 did.
x N7 117 x wrote:
I would love them all but not Team Majestic, their behaviour is just too much off for Spartans...
Yh everything youve said is great apart from Fireteam Majestic just too far off
x N7 117 x wrote:
But their behavior is perfect for Spartan-IVs.

Almost seven years and people still don't get that S-IVs aren't supposed to be like S-IIs or S-IIIs. It's fine if they aren't your cup of tea, but them being different is the point.
Majestic definitely weren't the most charismatic Spartan's in Halo 4, but then again we barely got to see them in Spartan Ops. I would be interested to see them interact with Chief and get a chance to be better fleshed out in game.
Thorne,rtas vadum,admiral hood
I’d like to see most of the remaining S-IIs and S-IIIs come together, feel like they’d have a lot more in common with each other than with S-IVs.
The training from childhood/early hardship (even if their circumstances were a bit different from each other), and coming from smaller groups than the IVs. Even if they just have a secret handshake or high-five they won’t do with IVs.
I’d like to see most of the remaining S-IIs and S-IIIs come together, feel like they’d have a lot more in common with each other than with S-IVs.
The training from childhood/early hardship (even if their circumstances were a bit different from each other), and coming from smaller groups than the IVs. Even if they just have a secret handshake or high-five they won’t do with IVs.
The connection between S-IIs and S-IIIs doesn't really run that deep.
I could have worded that better, I know they’re separate groups. More in terms of having had a rough upbringing and basically being a bit apart from regular enlisted personnel. I have quite a few books to catch up on though, so I probably have more than a few knowledge gaps to fill in 😕
I could have worded that better, I know they’re separate groups. More in terms of having had a rough upbringing and basically being a bit apart from regular enlisted personnel. I have quite a few books to catch up on though, so I probably have more than a few knowledge gaps to fill in 😕
Sure, but I’d argue the Human-Covenant war has imprinted a lasting legacy on all involved, including those who would become Spartan-IVs. Gabriel Thorne lost his mother and father, Jameson Locke was orphaned, Holly Tanaka lost both parents and had to survive on a glassed world.

The S-IVs might not have the trauma of being conscripted by the government and raised as soldiers from childhood, but I’d argue the fight for humanity’s survival makes all the Spartans generations bonded.
But their behavior is perfect for Spartan-IVs.

Almost seven years and people still don't get that S-IVs aren't supposed to be like S-IIs or S-IIIs. It's fine if they aren't your cup of tea, but them being different is the point.
No, no, no... It's not that. You said this a few times now in the last few years, but what you're overlooking is that people ARE in fact getting it, they just don't like it. That's a huge difference! :)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2