The one thing you don't want Halo Infinite to do

OP AnHumanXBL

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
Above all else what is something you don't want Halo Infinite to do or have. This can relate to story, gameplay, or other.

For example: above all else, I really hope Halo Infinite doesn't require Internet or a content download to play.

It's unlikely but I've noticed more games requiring it. I personally dislike this because I don't have the best of internet connections and once the Xbox One servers go offline in the future it will be impossible to play. But that's just my thinking.
Lootbox Microtransactions.
Or, in general sneaky corporate tactics.

Nothing turns me off more then to know a game was first conceived around making the most money, then to making the most enjoyable experience.
have a rushed or lazily made campaign. that includes being a halo 3 rip off
It’s interesting that you mention it shouldn’t be a halo 3 ripoff, that considering the well reception of another movie that made a lot of money.
Spoiler:
Show
That movie was noted to have very large similarities exactly like the first movie that came out.
And yet so many people enjoyed it.

Many would probably accept if Halo 6 were a ripoff of Halo 3 in the new world, considering that halo 3 was a good story and all they want is to enjoy a Halo campaign again.

But you want more then just a ripoff, you want them to really wow you with a well crafted story you’ve never seen before.
I know a lot of people who would scold you for saying that.

I tip my tusks off to you, without dismembering them from my lower jaw.
Anything done in halo 4/5, scrap it. (prometheans too) Only thing id like to see return is WZ & Spartan Companies.

Also MTs & lootboxes can go too.
Trend following. Give Halo an identity again.
A misleading advertisement
I hope 343 doesn't go so Slayer heavy for all their playlists. Halo 4's playlists were great because you could play any game you wanted. Oddball, CTF, Slayer were all seperate. I know they put them together for a higher population but for the most part Objective players don't want to play Slayer. Stop putting Slayer in with a rotational Ojective playlist. Slayer does not belong with Oddball, CTF, Assualt, or Strongholds (Territories)!
In Halo 5 I don't even try for a CTF match when they finally decide to put in, its in a rotational list and I get; Slayer-Slayer-CTF-Slayer most of the time. I really don't like that.
I have a friend that plays Feista all the time but I avoid it because its just killing on a small map with random crap. Change it up! Give us a Fiesta Objective. Fiesta Oddball! I'd play that.
I'd also like to see a Warzone Vanilla were you can still get reqs but you can only use the original guns and vehicles. Normal Ghosts. Normal BR no fancy scopes, If I see a player with a SAW it would be a SAW not a automatic grenade launcher! They could still have the other Reqs for the Normal Warzone, its just a playlist.
It’s interesting that you mention it shouldn’t be a halo 3 ripoff, that considering the well reception of another movie that made a lot of money.
Spoiler:
Show
That movie was noted to have very large similarities exactly like the first movie that came out.

Many would probably accept if Halo 6 were a ripoff of Halo 3 in the new world, considering that halo 3 was a good story and all they want is to enjoy a Halo campaign again.

But you want more then just a ripoff, you want them to really wow you with a well crafted story you’ve never seen before.

That's not entirely true. The movie began to split the fandom, something that has gotten worse since its release. Critics loved it. Audiences were split. A lot of people, like myself, didn't like it.
Battle wrote:
I hope 343 doesn't go so Slayer heavy for all their playlists... Stop putting Slayer in with a rotational Ojective playlist. Slayer does not belong with Oddball, CTF, Assualt, or Strongholds (Territories)!
I could not agree more. If people want to play Slayer they can play the dedicated Slayer playlist. If people want to play Objective they should be able to play the Objective playlist instead of the Slayer with a side of Objective playlist we see in Halo 5.
No Loot-box microtransactions. No horribly written campaign.
I’d prefer not to see Cortana become Chief’s AI again. That magic has long since passed.
Spoiler:
Show

That's not entirely true. The movie began to split the fandom, something that has gotten worse since its release. Critics loved it. Audiences were split. A lot of people, like myself, didn't like it.
I didn't know that, I walked out of the theatre feeling good, saw good reviews, and generally had positive conversations about it with my buddies.
I didn't feel the same way about the movie just came out recently, but still!
Could've sworn the movie was a well-received gem, back then I didn't have the necessary mind to assess and critique movies, that's probably why I didn't think anything of it.
Thanks for letting me know.

Pertaining my point though, were 343 to repeat a Halo 3 style campaign only with the new enemy of the prometheans and a well crafted conflict using the new characters,
I would say MOST would accept that in favour of pure satisfaction, excluding the people who would complete the game saying "That was uncannily, just like Halo 3".
A more mindful crowd would notice the differences off the bat and the hate the movie outright, instantly.
I thought it respectable that Limy didn't want to just pipe down and accept that it's a good thing to repeat what worked many years ago.
Again, I feel the majority would, and I'm happy to know there's a community that won't.
Sprint, spartan abilities, ADS, and pretty much everything Halo 5 did. Bring back the classic gameplay.
AnHumanXBL wrote:
Above all else what is something you don't want Halo Infinite to do or have. This can relate to story, gameplay, or other.

For example: above all else, I really hope Halo Infinite doesn't require Internet or a content download to play.

It's unlikely but I've noticed more games requiring it. I personally dislike this because I don't have the best of internet connections and once the Xbox One servers go offline in the future it will be impossible to play. But that's just my thinking.
The ONE thing? Damn, you're grabbing me by the balls here my friend! 🙈😂

If you ask me what made my gears grind more I would say the advanced movement mechanics first and foremost. However the H4/5 art direction, REQ or other gambling and grindy systems to unlock stuff, bad story telling and/or terribly directed cut scenes (from grunting Elites to the worst fist fight of video game history), false marketing, personalized loadouts, lack of split-screen as well as forcing the playerbase to stay online to use forge or other modes... Have been and would be deal breakers for me!

Halo 5 was the last chance. 343i and MS involvement butchered it? Fine, Hi needs to be perfect now if they want me back. Certainly I'm not buying it day one though! Luckily almost all news so far have been positive, so my hopes are still there!
Spoiler:
Show

I didn't know that, I walked out of the theatre feeling good, saw good reviews, and generally had positive conversations about it with my buddies.
I didn't feel the same way about the movie just came out recently, but still!
Could've sworn the movie was a well-received gem, back then I didn't have the necessary mind to assess and critique movies, that's probably why I didn't think anything of it.
Thanks for letting me know.

Pertaining my point though, were 343 to repeat a Halo 3 style campaign only with the new enemy of the prometheans and a well crafted conflict using the new characters,
I would say MOST would accept that in favour of pure satisfaction, excluding the people who would complete the game saying "That was uncannily, just like Halo 3".
A more mindful crowd would notice the differences off the bat and the hate the movie outright, instantly.
I thought it respectable that Limy didn't want to just pipe down and accept that it's a good thing to repeat what worked many years ago.
Again, I feel the majority would, and I'm happy to know there's a community that won't.
I will concede that The Force Awakens was more good reviews than bad. But the split was noteworthy at the time. By the time The Last Jedi released, the split was more or less even between two sides, so much so that Solo was a box office bomb.

In all honesty, Halo appears similar. If Halo 6 fails, a lot of us are jumping ship.
I’d prefer not to see Cortana become Chief’s AI again. That magic has long since passed.
I still love the idea of a "new Cortana" or sister Cortana, similar to Kalmiya in a sense, who is at the start of her relationship with the Chief, understands what she has to live up to and what she's up against. It'd be a really interesting relationship and character growth to watch unfold. On the mention of Kalmiya, I think I'd prefer this new Cortana to have a different name as well, to convey that it's not the exact same person, because our experiences and decisions make us who we are, not just our genetic (or technical) makeup.

On Topic: I know it has been pretty much confirmed to be in the game, but if there was no split-screen again I'd be pretty damn annoyed. Without splitscreen, it's not Halo.
I still love the idea of a "new Cortana" or sister Cortana, similar to Kalmiya in a sense, who is at the start of her relationship with the Chief, understands what she has to live up to and what she's up against. It'd be a really interesting relationship and character growth to watch unfold. On the mention of Kalmiya, I think I'd prefer this new Cortana to have a different name as well, to convey that it's not the exact same person, because our experiences and decisions make us who we are, not just our genetic (or technical) makeup.

On Topic: I know it has been pretty much confirmed to be in the game, but if there was no split-screen again I'd be pretty damn annoyed. Without splitscreen, it's not Halo.
a new cortana would also make a pretty good story arc. chief struggling to get use to the new model because he knows it's not her and then the real cortana finds out and becomes absolutely psychotic and enraged with jealousy and betrayal.

a new cortana would also make a pretty good story arc. chief struggling to get use to the new model because he knows it's not her and then the real cortana finds out and becomes absolutely psychotic and enraged with jealousy and betrayal.
I think Cortana’s characater has been disrespected enough, making her a jealous ex would be a bit too much

I think Cortana’s characater has been disrespected enough, making her a jealous ex would be a bit too much
Yeah you can't make Cortana some crazy ex, she's one of the best halo characters and to do that would be a mistake.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5