OP AnHumanXBL

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
Above all else, thrusters, auto-stabalize, and ground-pound. I think those three venture way too far out of the Halo formula. Sprint, clamber, and smart-link (aiming down sights) are all logical next steps for a first person shooter, but the first three are just excessive
The atmosphere of CE, the narrative of 2, the grandeur of 3, the badassery of Reach, the characterization of ODST, the personal story of 4, the technological capabilities of 5. That's one thing, right?
I don’t want halo infinite to be lacking in content when it launches like halo 5
JAAS12 wrote:
Above all else, thrusters, auto-stabalize, and ground-pound. I think those three venture way too far out of the Halo formula. Sprint, clamber, and smart-link (aiming down sights) are all logical next steps for a first person shooter, but the first three are just excessive
I really don't think so for ground pound. I understand the others (I still disagree but I understand), but ground pound was a good addition imo because it gave meaning to the verticality that was present esp. in the campaign.
I don’t want a 2020 release. I think it needs to come out in 2019 for the game to stay relevant. If it does release in 2020 that means a 5 year wait between Halo 5 and Halo Infinite and I don’t think we need to wait that long. 2019 or no buy.
T0m00se37 wrote:
Anything even close to Halo 5, honeslty every single element of that game is bad from the campaign to the microtransactions.
As many bad elements as it had there were a few perks. Specifically the seat switching option for vehicles and the forge was the best forge without question even with the bugs and the stupid idea to make it require an internet connection.

And hate it all you want but I think warzone is a good idea that can be fixed up and work well in future halos
I don't want them to take anything other than Halo Reach as a starting point for building the game in terms of gameplay and feature design.
Pretty sure that's what h4 did and a number of fans weren't too fond of that
I’d prefer not to see Cortana become Chief’s AI again. That magic has long since passed.
what if that chip we saw in the trailer was Cortana? the Cortana we get in 5 is just part of the original, so what if we get a mission where we do something with the domain, get the real Cortana back, and the Cortanas have an epic battle at the end? just a idea
Pretty good chance she's a fragment but I have to be that guy to point out that it technically isnt confirmed
The atmosphere of CE, the narrative of 2, the grandeur of 3, the badassery of Reach, the characterization of ODST, the personal story of 4, the technological capabilities of 5. That's one thing, right?
Just to be clear, you just said that you didn't want all of this
I don’t want halo infinite to be lacking in content when it launches like halo 5
Amen. After over 3 years it shouldn't feel like it lacks half the game
T0m00se37 wrote:
Anything even close to Halo 5, honeslty every single element of that game is bad from the campaign to the microtransactions.
As many bad elements as it had there were a few perks. Specifically the seat switching option for vehicles and the forge was the best forge without question even with the bugs and the stupid idea to make it require an internet connection.

And hate it all you want but I think warzone is a good idea that can be fixed up and work well in future halos
I don't want them to take anything other than Halo Reach as a starting point for building the game in terms of gameplay and feature design.
I’d prefer not to see Cortana become Chief’s AI again. That magic has long since passed.
what if that chip we saw in the trailer was Cortana? the Cortana we get in 5 is just part of the original, so what if we get a mission where we do something with the domain, get the real Cortana back, and the Cortanas have an epic battle at the end? just a idea
Pretty good chance she's a fragment but I have to be that guy to point out that it technically isnt confirmed
Just to be clear, you just said that you didn't want all of this
Amen. After over 3 years it shouldn't feel like it lacks half the game
Maybe I misread the OP, or maybe I hate Halo, you don't know my life :P
No ugly armor like in Halo 5. The Seeker helmet is a sin!
JAAS12 wrote:
Sprint is the worse one, it isn't a logical next step for Halo
JAAS12 wrote:
Sprint is the worse one, it isn't a logical next stop for Halo
Sprint is fine, it's really not that horrific. Yes maps are wider now oh noooo
JAAS12 wrote:
I agree, but would like to see a Reach-like Evade in place of the Thrusters.
T0m00se37 wrote:
I know, but 343 didn't even take a deeper look at Reach's systems and how they could work with and benefit the original trilogy's gameplay. They just said, "Wow, look at all this garbage Bungie allowed us to do. Let's copy CoD and take their audience from them."
"I know, but 343 didn't even take a deeper look at Reach's systems and how they could work with and benefit the original trilogy's gameplay. They just said, 'Wow, look at all this garbage Bungie allowed us to do. Let's copy CoD and take their audience from them.'"

Yeah, that's exactly how much thought went into a game developed for 2 years. The game sure made a bunch of mistakes but I don't think it was that simple.
have pay to win microtransactions
RPG445 wrote:
I don’t want a 2020 release. I think it needs to come out in 2019 for the game to stay relevant. If it does release in 2020 that means a 5 year wait between Halo 5 and Halo Infinite and I don’t think we need to wait that long. 2019 or no buy.
I prefer to wait one more year for a much better game, I don't want to play a rushed Halo game anymore
I don’t want them to go backwards much. It would ruin the game. As a famous creator once said, “Don’t do what the fans want unless you want to do it. Otherwise the fans have too much control.”
I still love the idea of a "new Cortana" or sister Cortana, similar to Kalmiya in a sense, who is at the start of her relationship with the Chief, understands what she has to live up to and what she's up against. It'd be a really interesting relationship and character growth to watch unfold. On the mention of Kalmiya, I think I'd prefer this new Cortana to have a different name as well, to convey that it's not the exact same person, because our experiences and decisions make us who we are, not just our genetic (or technical) makeup.

On Topic: I know it has been pretty much confirmed to be in the game, but if there was no split-screen again I'd be pretty damn annoyed. Without splitscreen, it's not Halo.
I agree we need split screen.

What if something crazy happened like “Sarcastic Gasp” Cortana died and Chief got paired with new A.I.? Would that honestly kill the franchise?
RPG445 wrote:
I prefer to wait one more year for a much better game, I don't want to play a rushed Halo game anymore
That's what literally everyone's saying. I get your point but it's already been 3 years since Halo 5 came out. We're already on our biggest wait without a new core game, everyone's getting bored of Halo 5.
RPG445 wrote:
RPG445 wrote:
That's what literally everyone's saying. I get your point but it's already been 3 years since Halo 5 came out. We're already on our biggest wait without a new core game, everyone's getting bored of Halo 5.
Okay so they can go play a different game then, why do you make it sound like people can only play one game at a time?
RPG445 wrote:
RPG445 wrote:
Halo Infinite isn't going to be perfect. It just isn't. But there is a distinct opportunity for 343i to make it their best Halo game yet.
I'd really hope they take all the time they need to make it right. I can wait for a top quality game. Many other franchises have had long waits, and it ended up being worth it.
Warcraft 2 - 3 1995-2003.
Fallout 3 - 4 2008 - 2015.
Just to name a couple.

In the mean time, go play some MCC, Fireteam Raven, or maybe pick up one of the side games like Strike or a HW2!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5