Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

The opposite of teabagging

OP IIII bRian IIII

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Just communicate using words over voice chat .
We should be taking away not adding . Get back to halo 1 ,2 and 3 style .
I'm open to the idea of emotes in Halo, regardless if they took notes from Fortnite and whatnot. Who cares if Halo is more competitive than other games, the point remains the same; have a bit of fun whenever you can.
The ping system from Apex please. I don't need, want, or have time to watch Spartans dancing around during a match.
A simple little thumbs up would be fine by me. One that's small, not really intrusive, and perhaps not even visible to the person doing the thumb-upping. No need to make every emote a massive dance or song; simple, one-handed salutes and stuff though? Fits right in with Spartans.

Course, that might as well become the new "teabagging" much like how people say thanks after every kill in Team Fortress 2 instead of Tbagging.
It'd make sense in SP. Even a simple salute would suffice. Maybe include a communication (see Arkham games) and kneeling gesture.

It's not like teabagging will suddenly become irrelevant. Besides, a mature game series like Dark Souls has those "childish" emotes.

Also, if playable Elites return, it'd be a good chance to implement berserk as a gesture (preferably both animation variations from HCE/H2 and Reach/4/5).
In Halo Infinite, can we get some kind of action/taunt/emote that somehow shows positive body language, like "thanks" or "good job" or "hi"? Not necessarily a full emote wheel, just a quick gesture that says anything but "you got owned" or "get rekt" or anything negative. Teabagging and punching dead players is fun, but sometimes you want to interact with a player (teammate or opponent) in a way that doesn't come off as punchy-punchy. Like when you accidentally teamkill and you want to show it was unintended, it's difficult to express that without making things worse.

Or maybe a teammate just pulled off an insane play. Celebrating with crouch dancing works often, but its so easy to see it as teabagging if a dead player is nearby. I don't know about you, but I don't like to unintentionally teabag anyone lol, nor am I ever the first to teabag. When I "dip dip potato chip" it's an answer to someone else's. My teabags are always rebuttals. lol

Of course, the first answer we all think of is, "Use a mic and tell them". But in the current matchmaking climate, open mics are extremely rare. And if you're not running a mic, chances are good that you have game chat muted so that screaming baby or blaring music isn't blasting through your TV speakers. So no one will hear you say, "I'm sorry for betraying you."

Another great example happened to me earlier tonight. While playing Firefight, a teammate was killed by some Covies and he dropped a nice shiny Lawgiver shotgun. The respawn timer is pretty long for dead players and often, by the time you make it back to your corpse the weapon has despawned. So I grabbed it and waited there to give it back. He quickly came back on a Ghost hoping the gun was still there. When he saw me holding it, I switched it back out with my dropped AR and did a little crouch dance. He misinterpreted (maybe he thought I was actually picking the shotgun up or maybe he never saw the gun drop, I don't know) and immediately began trying to splatter me with his Ghost. When I died, he got out, picked his shotgun up and started punching my body. I sent him a message saying "I was giving it back to you!" He then betrayed me again and I ended up booting him for it. Maybe this isn't really a good example as he probably was just one of those toxic players that wants to watch the virtual world burn lol.

Regardless, I think having a quick emote/action that has positive implications would make things a little nicer.
Just stare off into the sky and shake your virtual head... And if you have a mic, scream "NOOOOOOOOOOOO" as loud as possible.
It'd make sense in SP. Even a simple salute would suffice. Maybe include a communication (see Arkham games) and kneeling gesture.

It's not like teabagging will suddenly become irrelevant. Besides, a mature game series like Dark Souls has those "childish" emotes.

Also, if playable Elites return, it'd be a good chance to implement berserk as a gesture (preferably both animation variations from HCE/H2 and Reach/4/5).
To be clear, I don't want teabagging to go anywhere. Dipping the potato chip is integral to the Halo community. lol

I would just like a second option that would ying-yang the teabag. A "yes" to the "no" we already have. :)
kjbart wrote:
I'd rather that stuff stay out of Halo. There are plenty of games that have those lame childish emotes. We don't need those in every game. Teabagging has been a staple of Halo since CE. I prefer they keep the kiddie stuff in Fortnite, Destiny, and CoD. Those games basically cater to little kids now with the emotes, outfits, and gun skins. I'd hate for that to happen to Halo.
Agreed 100%
Not sure, but maybe it's teabagging infront of someone that isn't dead
I remember how much hate the "dude bro" sequences in the Halo 5: Guardians beta got.
The opposite of T-Bagging to me is standing there over the fresh victim, staring at its corpse, and unloading plasma rounds into it.

What? I learn things from the AI.
I just see it as a way to get you killed. And I don't need to waste 3 minutes of my life watching some kids character do some fortnight dance.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2