Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

The planet Reach in Halo Infinite

OP Goldenbomber32

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Would you like for the planet of Reach to be in Halo Infinite? It would be excellent and here is why: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=obi8V132k5w Hidden Xperia explains this well. If Reach were to be in Halo Infinite at all when you’re not on Zeta Halo than would you like to see some sort of sign that Noble team as well as the other Spartans were there during the battle for Reach as well as monuments in their honor on the planet of Reach? Let me know what you think about this and feel free to give your opinion.
I think it would be cool to see Reach in like a half glassed half revival state. Since by this time some colonist have already started settling their and begin to terraform the planet. Though it won't be till 2589 till the planet is completely ready for complete colonization, so it would be cool to visit the planet and see like remains of the war everywhere, like Noble Six's helmet in the ground.
Sure I'd love to see Reach again! Perhaps even a level going through some iconic areas from the old game if possible.

If not that, then a little cut scene showing a Noble Team statue at Azod or something
Yeah a nod to Reach would be pretty cool imho, I'd be down to see it
I love the idea of revisiting Reach, but the story would need to call for it. Just going there since it’s Reach would be kind of iffy. If maybe there was something left over we needed to acquire it would be cool. If they really wanted to hype things up we could drop in with Jun to get some info on Cortana from Halseys lab (not sure if it was in a known position or if Jun would have vital details on it) in order to defeat, reason with, or deceive her.
I love the idea of revisiting Reach, but the story would need to call for it. Just going there since it’s Reach would be kind of iffy. If maybe there was something left over we needed to acquire it would be cool. If they really wanted to hype things up we could drop in with Jun to get some info on Cortana from Halseys lab (not sure if it was in a known position or if Jun would have vital details on it) in order to defeat, reason with, or deceive her.
Watch HiddenXperia’s video which I linked in my thread and it will start making sense.
I'd like to see even a glimpse of Reach, maybe even going through what's left of crumbled New Alexandria.
I'd like to see even a glimpse of Reach, maybe even going through what's left of crumbled New Alexandria.
Very interesting idea and maybe seeing the wreckage of the Battle of Reach like the “Long Night of Solace” CSO class Supercarrier that Jorge destroyed, the site where Noble Six made his last stand, and stuff like that.
I’m fairly certain that at least the Ark will be involved in Halo Infinite because for anyone who has played the Halo Wars 2 campaign it is fairly obvious that they have tied Halo Wars with the mainline Halo games. I also couldn’t help but notice talk of Reach in one of the cinematic clips, and while it could just be talk of Reach because
Spoiler:
Show
but it still could be something.
I don't think it'll happen, and it won't break my heart if it doesn't. I love Reach and have a lot of nostalgia for it, but I think from 343i's perspective and probably more fitting the reality of most fans' viewpoints, Reach was when the series took a turn in popularity. Sure, 343i didn't help after the fact by making Halo 4 and 5 what they were, but Reach is where a lot of players who had been original Halo trilogy diehards jumped ship.

I think the marketing released to date is more indicative that they're going for the nostalgia of revisiting a Halo ring that will likely appeal to more fans overall, especially lapsed fans who didn't like the new direction Reach started the series on.

Also from a lore perspective the cutscene at the end of Reach's Epilogue seems to indicate that it took whole decades after 2552 before the planet became habitable again, so I don't see why revisiting the planet within ostensibly ten years after the end of Halo: Reach would be a terribly rewarding narrative or gameplay experience anyways. At least in the campaign. Some prior responders have mentioned that it would be aesthetically cool to revisit places from the Reach campaign, after they've been ravaged and abandoned for years. I think that actually might be an awesome idea for multiplayer maps and Forge templates, but again I don't personally think it'd be very fitting in the campaign.

I hope we don't need to go back to Remember Reach.
I don't think it'll happen, and it won't break my heart if it doesn't. I love Reach and have a lot of nostalgia for it, but I think from 343i's perspective and probably more fitting the reality of most fans' viewpoints, Reach was when the series took a turn in popularity. Sure, 343i didn't help after the fact by making Halo 4 and 5 what they were, but Reach is where a lot of players who had been original Halo trilogy diehards jumped ship.

I think the marketing released to date is more indicative that they're going for the nostalgia of revisiting a Halo ring that will likely appeal to more fans overall, especially lapsed fans who didn't like the new direction Reach started the series on.

Also from a lore perspective the cutscene at the end of Reach's Epilogue seems to indicate that it took whole decades after 2552 before the planet became habitable again, so I don't see why revisiting the planet within ostensibly ten years after the end of Halo: Reach would be a terribly rewarding narrative or gameplay experience anyways. At least in the campaign. Some prior responders have mentioned that it would be aesthetically cool to revisit places from the Reach campaign, after they've been ravaged and abandoned for years. I think that actually might be an awesome idea for multiplayer maps and Forge templates, but again I don't personally think it'd be very fitting in the campaign.

I hope we don't need to go back to Remember Reach.
Actually lore wise ONI started a priority one operation to rehabilitate and recolonize Reach only around thirteen months after either Reach had fallen or the Covenant had fallen, more likely to be the latter. Reach holds a large significance with the fact that it held the most Forunner artifacts of any of the UNSC’s colonies and very likely the gateway to the Forunner capitol which the shipmaster of the Long Night of Solace was searching for on Reach before Noble Six and Jorge got the slipspace bomb on board the Corvette and Jorge sacrificed himself thinking that he had just saved Reach. Also in all of the Halos in the original trilogy (except for Halo 3 I think) you could hear characters talking about or what happened to Reach or to remember Reach which at least for me always made me want a Halo game that portrays what happened to Reach, and Halo Reach’s campaign did it wonderfully (for me at least) and the significance of Reach is explained quite well in HiddenXperia’s video of which you don’t seem to have watched. I for one think that Halo Reach is a great game (I mean come on people you are still complaining about sprint in Reach when it is all over every Halo game made since then?! Seriously?!?!) which depicted the battle and fall of Reach well and good gameplay (besides armor lock and bloom). I will always Remember Reach.
I'm not arguing with your assertion that Reach is a great game on a personal level. It's my favorite Halo game, personally. I'm just speaking for the sentiment of the overall player base as represented by a decline in success for the franchise.

Your lore citations are duly noted, but do not address the suggestion of Reach's Epilogue directly (re-terraforming and colonizing a planet after a gassing is ostensibly a long process that could still have taken decades if it had been started even just a few years after 2552). And I haven't yet seen this HiddenXperia video, but I don't tend to take his speculation more seriously than almost anyone else's simply on account of his having a YouTube channel. He's an impassioned fan of Halo, and I can appreciate that and feel like he's a kindred spirit accordingly. Even so, he's concerned with click counts and has in the past made some pretty long stretches in his speculations. Not on the order of HaloFollower or anything near it, I'm just saying that he isn't an unquestionable source of rock solid Halo information (there isn't one that isn't 343i directly.) I will give the video a watch and judge it on its own merit, I just don't tend to put much confidence in fan speculation/news channels on YouTube for the aforementioned reasons.
I think it would be cool to see Reach in like a half glassed half revival state. Since by this time some colonist have already started settling their and begin to terraform the planet. Though it won't be till 2589 till the planet is completely ready for complete colonization, so it would be cool to visit the planet and see like remains of the war everywhere, like Noble Six's helmet in the ground.
This is a great idea. Half alive and green and the other half glass, however, the survivors learned a use for the glass and mine it?
Honestly, the whole theory weights around this little information that we have absolutely no idea if it's right in the first place.
And about the coordinates to Maethrillian, Zeta Halo pretty much has all the answers. This ring houses the core of Mendicant Bias and was the place where the Primordial corrupted Bias, and it was used when the AI attacked the Maethrillian. Furthermore, this particular ring was the one which was fired and wiped out almost everyone in the city.

This means that Zeta Halo is more likely to house the coordinates of the Maethrillian than Reach. This ring also has an expansive history with the Flood, Ancient Humanity, Chakas as well as the Palace of Pain and Faber, the Master Builder.

It's ultimately more beneficial to just go to Zeta Halo as, again, the chances of finding whatever Reach may have are much higher and it has much more lore. To go to Reach would purely be fan-service and, given what I just said, quite pointless.
I'm not arguing with your assertion that Reach is a great game on a personal level. It's my favorite Halo game, personally. I'm just speaking for the sentiment of the overall player base as represented by a decline in success for the franchise.

Your lore citations are duly noted, but do not address the suggestion of Reach's Epilogue directly (re-terraforming and colonizing a planet after a gassing is ostensibly a long process that could still have taken decades if it had been started even just a few years after 2552). And I haven't yet seen this HiddenXperia video, but I don't tend to take his speculation more seriously than almost anyone else's simply on account of his having a YouTube channel. He's an impassioned fan of Halo, and I can appreciate that and feel like he's a kindred spirit accordingly. Even so, he's concerned with click counts and has in the past made some pretty long stretches in his speculations. Not on the order of HaloFollower or anything near it, I'm just saying that he isn't an unquestionable source of rock solid Halo information (there isn't one that isn't 343i directly.) I will give the video a watch and judge it on its own merit, I just don't tend to put much confidence in fan speculation/news channels on YouTube for the aforementioned reasons.
Excellent points.
Honestly, the whole theory weights around this little information that we have absolutely no idea if it's right in the first place.
And about the coordinates to Maethrillian, Zeta Halo pretty much has all the answers. This ring houses the core of Mendicant Bias and was the place where the Primordial corrupted Bias, and it was used when the AI attacked the Maethrillian. Furthermore, this particular ring was the one which was fired and wiped out almost everyone in the city.

This means that Zeta Halo is more likely to house the coordinates of the Maethrillian than Reach. This ring also has an expansive history with the Flood, Ancient Humanity, Chakas as well as the Palace of Pain and Faber, the Master Builder.

It's ultimately more beneficial to just go to Zeta Halo as, again, the chances of finding whatever Reach may have are much higher and it has much more lore. To go to Reach would purely be fan-service and, given what I just said, quite pointless.
Excellent points but from what I saw with the end of Halo Wars 2 as well as all of the signs pointing to Zeta Halo we may be on both Zeta Halo and Installation 04 C in Halo Infinite (just speculation but with Halo Wars 2’s ending it is hard for me to not think that will happen).
I’m fairly certain that at least the Ark will be involved in Halo Infinite because for anyone who has played the Halo Wars 2 campaign it is fairly obvious that they have tied Halo Wars with the mainline Halo games. I also couldn’t help but notice talk of Reach in one of the cinematic clips, and while it could just be talk of Reach because
Spoiler:
Show
The location is never mentioned, the sol system is mentioned but reach isnt in that cutscene
Spoiler:
Show
The location is never mentioned, the sol system is mentioned but reach isnt in that cutscene
I heard Captain Cutter mention Reach at least once.
Spoiler:
Show
I heard Captain Cutter mention Reach at least once.
In a cutscene he never did,maybe in the in game mission dialogue
That'd definitely be pretty cool. But im pretty sure the planet would still be glassed. I don't think enough time has passed for that to be fixed. Although I could be wrong. But a nod to Reach and Noble Team would be awesome
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2