Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

The planet Reach in Halo Infinite

OP LtDanUSA1776

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I’m fairly certain that at least the Ark will be involved in Halo Infinite because for anyone who has played the Halo Wars 2 campaign it is fairly obvious that they have tied Halo Wars with the mainline Halo games. I also couldn’t help but notice talk of Reach in one of the cinematic clips, and while it could just be talk of Reach because
Spoiler:
Show
but it still could be something.
The location is never mentioned, the sol system is mentioned but reach isnt in that cutscene
I heard Captain Cutter mention Reach at least once.
In a cutscene he never did,maybe in the in game mission dialogue
That’s probably so.
That'd definitely be pretty cool. But im pretty sure the planet would still be glassed. I don't think enough time has passed for that to be fixed. Although I could be wrong. But a nod to Reach and Noble Team would be awesome
According to lore there is no way that the Covenant could’ve glassed all of Reach because the Covenant would’ve fallen and the glassing still wouldn’t be finished with Reach’s sheer size, and the fact that there were valuable resources and Forunner artifacts that the Covenant were keen on keeping intact so they wouldn’t have glassed the whole planet anyway. They would’ve glassed the areas they did in a a way to preserve and resources or artifacts in the area.
That'd definitely be pretty cool. But im pretty sure the planet would still be glassed. I don't think enough time has passed for that to be fixed. Although I could be wrong. But a nod to Reach and Noble Team would be awesome
According to lore there is no way that the Covenant could’ve glassed all of Reach because the Covenant would’ve fallen and the glassing still wouldn’t be finished with Reach’s sheer size, and the fact that there were valuable resources and Forunner artifacts that the Covenant were keen on keeping intact so they wouldn’t have glassed the whole planet anyway. They would’ve glassed the areas they did in a a way to preserve and resources or artifacts in the area.
Oh I got ya! Well then heck yeah! Bring on Reach in Infinite!
Resurrecting this thread. I got to enjoy Halo Reach in 60fps for a week as a MCC insider, and can’t WAIT for this to join the fold. It played beautifully by all accounts.

With that being said, I personally don’t think Halo Reach’s multiplayer is the best of the bunch. I know armor abilities will always be a hot button topic regardless of which stance you take. Being a fan of Halo for me is tied to the tragic story that takes place throughout Halo Reach. I hold Noble team’s journey to the end and the character development from Halo Reach up there with the best in this franchise. For good reason, it was a not a normal heroic or legendary blast em all to hell like a Spartan Rambo arc. You felt the loss of each team member throughout the game starting with Jorge, and knew the team was destined to save Cortana and the Chief about halfway through the campaign but only at a great sacrifice. Kat’s death came out of nowhere and the following cutscene and music that followed actually brought on some friggin’ tears. This game solidified, in my mind, how deep the stories and characters are to the mythology and connection we have to the Halo Universe.

The point that I’m trying to make is this, it makes TOTAL sense to revisit planet Reach in Halo Infinite if you just simply look at how hard 343 is working to get a game that is over 10 years old now added to the MCC. When the team drops Reach, hopefully soon after more flighting, my bet is the fall of Reach plays a huge part in the story coming with Halo Infinite. I look forward to seeing where the franchise is headed, and a nod to the sacrifices Noble Team made in the next mainstream Halo game is due.
The point that I’m trying to make is this, it makes TOTAL sense to revisit planet Reach in Halo Infinite if you just simply look at how hard 343 is working to get a game that is over 10 years old now added to the MCC. When the team drops Reach, hopefully soon after more flighting, my bet is the fall of Reach plays a huge part in the story coming with Halo Infinite. I look forward to seeing where the franchise is headed, and a nod to the sacrifices Noble Team made in the next mainstream Halo game is due.
And how do you think it can play a major role without feeling forced?
How cool would it be to have a section of the game where you return to Reach and find Noble 6 still alive, and he's been surviving on his own this whole time, and he joins you in battle.
I think they should redo Halo Reach entirely with graphics overhaul etc and the H5 abilities minus the original Spartan abilities in Reach (I didn’t care for those too much).

but yeah, since that’s not gonna happen, I’d settle for the planet in H6.

This post has been hidden.

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2