Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

The return of classic movement mechanics?

OP A So So Sniper

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 104
  4. 105
  5. 106
  6. 107
  7. 108
  8. ...
  9. 155
Spikanor wrote:
Good arguments are made and the community is definitely split - but to an extent.
Seems like the posts supporting a return to classic roots are always much more favored/upvoted ...

Take the hint 343 lol
Yeah really. Just by reading this page can show that more fans prefer classic, not to mention that most of the big halo YouTube channels are in favor of it returning. Most people really are tired of these overly complicated gameplays styles in all games especially halo.
and this is something you most also accept its not 343 problem that there not going back.
for things like this you most reach the titel owners from it and not the companys that make the game's from then.
343 has a contract with microsoft and microsoft is the owner off the halo game's.
and if in that contract stay's that halo most continued with evolution with the things like ground pound,trusters,sprint and go on.then 343 most add it in the game if it stay's in the contract between 343 and microsoft.and if there get a contract for making 6 halo titels and after that there gone see if the contract get a refresh or maybe there gone give it to a other company thats microsoft point.
and thats something we have see with bungie there got a contract for 5 halo titels maybe after that there not agree with what microsoft wane see in the halo game's and thats maybe why bungie lost the contract for making new halo titels.
this thread was maybe the big reason what bungie wane do with the other halo titels and microsoft not agree's with it.
I seriously doubt that's how game design works.
Naqser wrote:
Spikanor wrote:
Good arguments are made and the community is definitely split - but to an extent.
Seems like the posts supporting a return to classic roots are always much more favored/upvoted ...

Take the hint 343 lol
Yeah really. Just by reading this page can show that more fans prefer classic, not to mention that most of the big halo YouTube channels are in favor of it returning. Most people really are tired of these overly complicated gameplays styles in all games especially halo.
and this is something you most also accept its not 343 problem that there not going back.
for things like this you most reach the titel owners from it and not the companys that make the game's from then.
343 has a contract with microsoft and microsoft is the owner off the halo game's.
and if in that contract stay's that halo most continued with evolution with the things like ground pound,trusters,sprint and go on.then 343 most add it in the game if it stay's in the contract between 343 and microsoft.and if there get a contract for making 6 halo titels and after that there gone see if the contract get a refresh or maybe there gone give it to a other company thats microsoft point.
and thats something we have see with bungie there got a contract for 5 halo titels maybe after that there not agree with what microsoft wane see in the halo game's and thats maybe why bungie lost the contract for making new halo titels.
this thread was maybe the big reason what bungie wane do with the other halo titels and microsoft not agree's with it.
now sadly it really works like this.
for exemple: disney owns the star wars franchise and if there wane release game's about star wars like we have see on the xbox 360 and xbox one with star wars battlefront.
there are looking for developers to make it for then then you can look at company's like bungie 343 EA and others and make a contract with then.
disney has see how worse EA was doing with the star wars battlefront 2 game that there have stop the deal with EA and now is disney making on its own again with a old developer company thats also from then since in the past on the xbox 360 there have release also develop star wars games.
in this case with halo is microsoft the franchise owner and 343 is developing it.
and if you see from the last halo game bungie has make halo reach and the next halo 4 from 343 you can see all few things what microsoft plans are with the halo franchise.
for a other exemple is destiny.
it was first from activision and you have see how the hate from bungie was making a game with the things activision wane see in destiny with lot off microtransactions.
in the end activision has give the destiny franchise ownership to bungie and now is bungie only looking for a publesher to release the destiny games.
and to keep it short bungie can now make destiny how there wane make it on there own only there need is to find a publesher.
and then again you get a contract between the 2.
343 is listing to the communety but if it has to do with the contract between 343 and microsoft then there not listing all is it that all the comunnety members wane have it.
Spikanor wrote:
Naqser wrote:
Spikanor wrote:

Take the hint 343 lol
now sadly it really works like this.
for exemple: disney owns the star wars franchise and if there wane release game's about star wars like we have see on the xbox 360 and xbox one with star wars battlefront.
there are looking for developers to make it for then then you can look at company's like bungie 343 EA and others and make a contract with then.
disney has see how worse EA was doing with the star wars battlefront 2 game that there have stop the deal with EA and now is disney making on its own again with a old developer company thats also from then since in the past on the xbox 360 there have release also develop star wars games.
in this case with halo is microsoft the franchise owner and 343 is developing it.
and if you see from the last halo game bungie has make halo reach and the next halo 4 from 343 you can see all few things what microsoft plans are with the halo franchise.
for a other exemple is destiny.
it was first from activision and you have see how the hate from bungie was making a game with the things activision wane see in destiny with lot off microtransactions.
in the end activision has give the destiny franchise ownership to bungie and now is bungie only looking for a publesher to release the destiny games.
and to keep it short bungie can now make destiny how there wane make it on there own only there need is to find a publesher.
and then again you get a contract between the 2.
343 is listing to the communety but if it has to do with the contract between 343 and microsoft then there not listing all is it that all the comunnety members wane have it.
There's a massive difference between demanding added microtransaction systems, and writing a contract which micromanage specific mechanics and how they have to function.

So no, I doubt there's a part in any contract stating "these mechanics are needed and this is how each individuali mechanic has to work".

Especially considering something like double jump got cut, could easily have been clamber that would've been cut.
Or was that i343's own little added mechanic?
I have played Halo since CE on the first Xbox. God knows how much of my life I have spent playing Halo, and reading Halo books.
I prefer the new movement mechanics. Halo 5 made the Spartans feels more like how the Spartans should be than other games. Its been a slow build starting with Reach and in 5 it felt very good.
Naqser wrote:
There's a massive difference between demanding added microtransaction systems, and writing a contract which micromanage specific mechanics and how they have to function.
the adding off microtransactions in halo is more 343 call to do it not microsoft since we not have see any microtransactions in halo 4 and that was the first game make by 343.
that type systems is there call since we not see anything in halo 4 then dlc maps.

Naqser wrote:
So no, I doubt there's a part in any contract stating "these mechanics are needed and this is how each individuali mechanic has to work".
since i not work there and not know what in the contract stay's.
if there stay's you need to have some off the mechanics in your game like sprint,assassanations,jump and some new one's also and it only tells it most have it and how it works or gone work in the game is there call then you get like in halo 5 sprint + trusters + spartan clash in one thing more.

Naqser wrote:
Especially considering something like double jump got cut, could easily have been clamber that would've been cut.
Or was that i343's own little added mechanic?
there add double jump that works good with trusters and with ground pound.
but if there remove double jump mechanic then you get new mechanic's in the game like in halo 4 you get loadouts or armor abilities or ordnance drop and to become clean thats all 3 not a good thing to see then again.
its one you have double jump and trusters back or you get 2 off the 3 most hate things in halo 4 back and thats also not good.
What would people think about stabilize returning? I dont think anyones going around saying hover ruines halos core gameplay. Ideally it would be a toggle where you can set it to either activate with zoom like in 5 or its tied to the sprint button when your in the air and cant sprint anyway (ideally there will be no sprint at all but either way the buttons free in air) and getting hit would still de-hover you.
Some of these responses here make me think the added movement mechanics have already been normalized in too many of the franchise's players minds as just part of Halo. So much so that I feel we will most likely never have classic movement again. It'll be a sad day when I fully put to rest my hopes for Halo and move on to other games. They've got one last chance with Infinite or I'm out, and I bet many others too.
Spikanor wrote:

Take the hint 343 lol
and if in that contract stay's that halo most continued with evolution with the things like ground pound,trusters,sprint and go on.
then 343 most add it in the game if it stay's in the contract between 343 and microsoft.
and if there get a contract for making 6 halo titels and after that there gone see if the contract get a refresh or maybe there gone give it to a other company thats microsoft point.
........ Not to be rude but what are you talking about? Microsoft just publishes the game. 343 is the developer and makes the game as they wish. Everything that has happened has been their ideas and choices. And Bungie didn't lose any contract. They left in 2010 by choice. This thread?

Where are you getting your information from .....
Spikanor wrote:
the adding off microtransactions in halo is more 343 call to do it not microsoft since we not have see any microtransactions in halo 4 and that was the first game make by 343.
that type systems is there call since we not see anything in halo 4 then dlc maps.
More than often it's the publisher asking for microtransactions, Deus Ex: MD is one of those cases.
Pretty sure Destiny 2 is another.

So what if Halo 4 didn't have them?
Halo Wars 2 has a mode tailor made for Microtransactions, and Warzone is too.

Spikanor wrote:
since i not work there and not know what in the contract stay's.
if there stay's you need to have some off the mechanics in your game like sprint,assassanations,jump and some new one's also and it only tells it most have it and how it works or gone work in the game is there call then you get like in halo 5 sprint + trusters + spartan clash in one thing more.
And I'm fairly sure Microsoft does not keep minute-detail control on game design like that in a bindning contract made by legal-personell who aren't game designers.

Why am I fairly sure? Because it's ridiculous.
The industry sure has shot itself in the foot with a 50-cal, but bindning game design, like mechanics and how the game plays, to a legal document, before the game has even seen its first line of code, would be putting the stock of the rifle under your nose as you intend to intentionally shoot your foot.

Spikanor wrote:
there add double jump that works good with trusters and with ground pound.
but if there remove double jump mechanic then you get new mechanic's in the game like in halo 4 you get loadouts or armor abilities or ordnance drop and to become clean thats all 3 not a good thing to see then again.
its one you have double jump and trusters back or you get 2 off the 3 most hate things in halo 4 back and thats also not good.
Nononono.
They HAD, double jump in Halo 5, they tested it. But they cut it out, they didn't keep it in, because they felt the vertikal gameplay got boosted enough with clamber.
We've never had double jump, we didn't get it when they tested it, because they thought it was redundant.
That is one of the reasons why mechanics are not written in contracts. Because someone may feel like a mechanic isn't suitable with how they want the game to play.

And no, we did not get "a new mechanic" in double jump's place. Nothing replaced it, nothing at all.
........ Not to be rude but what are you talking about? Microsoft just publishes the game. 343 is the developer and makes the game as they wish. Everything that has happened has been their ideas and choices. And Bungie didn't lose any contract. They left in 2010 by choice. This thread?Where are you getting your information from .....
the information is easy to get and you need to learn it from other game's also that easy.
i play also cod game's and in the cod cummunoty we know all there that activision is hollder off the Call of Duty game's and that companys like tryarch IW and slaghammer are developing the game's and that activision make's the shots what there wane see in there call of duty titels and there have make contract's with the 3 company's that each year one off the 3 release the cod game and the year after is the other company turns.
and this year it was a worst year for activision since there release off black ops 4 was trouble and worse and thanks to that activision has lay off 800 people in one time.
and the news from star wars battelfrond 2 that disney is reopen there own developer company again there have close years ago to make the better star wars games again like it was before the clossing of there own developing company.
and then if you are thinking good you know halo is from microsoft and there only need a developer company to make it for then since there are all publishes from game's same as activions that is also a publishes company and own also few titels but not have a developing company to make it on there own.
its easy thinking.
and then you most know that its microsoft that wane see also some things in there own titels there own.
why you think companys like 343 are working for microsoft studios the same go's for game's that you only can play on playstation or on the nintendo switch since there own the titels more from it.
Naqser wrote:
More than often it's the publisher asking for microtransactions, Deus Ex: MD is one of those cases.
Pretty sure Destiny 2 is another.So what if Halo 4 didn't have them?
Halo Wars 2 has a mode tailor made for Microtransactions, and Warzone is too.
halo wars 2 microtransactions only is for 1 mode off the game blizz.
and for other playlist's you not need any microtransactions.
for warzone in halo 5 it was diffrend little since there have put all the cosmatic like helms and suit parts some others in the REQ packs.
in halo 4 it was easyer you have to compleet missions to unlock gear or at some level to get then that was working for you gear you like to have the same go's for compleeting spartan ops missions to get the armor part and that was something good before there add then all in a microtransactions system like in halo 5 you see.
Naqser wrote:
And I'm fairly sure Microsoft does not keep minute-detail control on game design like that in a bindning contract made by legal-personell who aren't game designers.Why am I fairly sure? Because it's ridiculous.
The industry sure has shot itself in the foot with a 50-cal, but bindning game design, like mechanics and how the game plays, to a legal document, before the game has even seen its first line of code, would be putting the stock of the rifle under your nose as you intend to intentionally shoot your foot.
there are a lot off way's to add things in a contract that a other company most follow it.
and if its you most make halo modern with modern mechanics in the game and not only using classic.
then are jump sprint and climb more modern mechanics.
like i told nobody knows what stay's real in the contract between 343 and microsoft and there not gone tell us about it.
and the only things i came up with things you can think about it but if its true or not thats something we not gone know.
this is from Wikipedia the link is here Halo franchiseif you read this part: Following the release of Halo 3, Bungie announced it was splitting off from Microsoft and becoming an independent limited liability company. While Bungie remained involved in the Halo series by developing games such as ODST and Reach, the rights to Halo remain with Microsoft.
100% proof that microsoft owns the halo titels.
I always thought it was a little dumb that a super soldier would need to put in extra effort to run faster while not being able to use their weapon because...reasons. In the first 3 you already run but just slow enough so as to not effect your combat effectiveness. You don’t need to sprint when you already run faster than the grunts. If we do get a sprint I hope it’s more like reach’s where it’s temporary. Short controlled bursts.
Spikanor wrote:
for warzone in halo 5 it was diffrend little since there have put all the cosmatic like helms and suit parts some others in the REQ packs.
in halo 4 it was easyer you have to compleet missions to unlock gear or at some level to get then that was working for you gear you like to have the same go's for compleeting spartan ops missions to get the armor part and that was something good before there add then all in a microtransactions system like in halo 5 you see.
Nothing what you said change any of what I said, whatsoever.

Spikanor wrote:
there are a lot off way's to add things in a contract that a other company most follow it.
Doesn't change that having game play mechanics as a part of a legal contract is ridiculous, and highly improbable.

Spikanor wrote:
and if its you most make halo modern with modern mechanics in the game and not only using classic.
That's a design choice, not a contract.

Spikanor wrote:
Depends how you'd define "modern".
I wouldn't consider jumping "modern".

Spikanor wrote:
this is from Wikipedia the link is here Halo franchiseif you read this part: Following the release of Halo 3, Bungie announced it was splitting off from Microsoft and becoming an independent limited liability company. While Bungie remained involved in the Halo series by developing games such as ODST and Reach, the rights to Halo remain with Microsoft.
I don't think anyone ever argued Microsoft does not own Halo, or how it is in any way relevant to this.
I have played Halo since CE on the first Xbox. God knows how much of my life I have spent playing Halo, and reading Halo books.
I prefer the new movement mechanics. Halo 5 made the Spartans feels more like how the Spartans should be than other games. Its been a slow build starting with Reach and in 5 it felt very good.
lore should not dictate how gameplay functions
Naqser wrote:
Spikanor wrote:
Nothing what you said change any of what I said, whatsoever.

Spikanor wrote:
Doesn't change that having game play mechanics as a part of a legal contract is ridiculous, and highly improbable.

Spikanor wrote:
That's a design choice, not a contract.

Spikanor wrote:
Depends how you'd define "modern".
I wouldn't consider jumping "modern".

Spikanor wrote:
I don't think anyone ever argued Microsoft does not own Halo, or how it is in any way relevant to this.
first off all why you not read first the 5th post back from your post on this thread and you find somebody that not belive it and then you can ask it to him about it.
my modern i see in game's are sprinting,jumping,climb on things,and new mechanics you not have see in other game's like ground pound or spartan crash are things i call modern.
i call halo 4 and halo 5 also modern more with the grafic's the weapons are looking much better then the first time i have play halo and that was halo 3.
like i have told on a other thread all that i have much respect for the comunnety members that have been playing since halo CE back then.
and since i have play also some off the missions on halo CE on MCC i see it was damm hell back then since it was for me hard to compleet it on normal game play.
i can understand also good its hard for then to accept big chance's like sprint and other big mechanics.
but then again there also like to see that halo become's big with the new generation off gamers and thats something you get now more.
the new generations never have feel how it was without sprint or other new mechanics we see today in game's and most off all.
but then again is the question there most ask there own most halo follow the new generations off game's to get new fans and that means you get a lot off new mechanics in the game and most off it stay with the old mechanics and that the new generations choose faster for game's like call of duty or battlefield then for halo since there thinking its not from this time with the mechanics.
Halo 5's movement system I feel caters way too much to the competitive audience. I'm certainly no casual gamer, but I don't like having to worry about mastering all the new movement abilities and mashing all the buttons on my controller effectively to win one gunfight. The original Halos were simple but fun for both casuals and competitive players, that's why I hope classic movement returns to Infinite.
Make the game with classic game play mechanics, more unlockable cosmetics (ie. something to work towards) and no micro transactions and you might have a winner of a game.
And old mechanics shouldn't dictate new games.
Make the game with classic game play mechanics, more unlockable cosmetics (ie. something to work towards) and no micro transactions and you might have a winner of a game.
if i see it good.
first from halo CE to halo 5 you add a lot off new mechanics and then on halo 6 go downhill with the mechanics again thats more like remove a lot off update's from your computer.
so far i know is that game's upgrade there mechanics only and never go downhill with it at a long time.
to keep classic game mechanics in the game's like now you have to keep going on with it at the start off halo reach all but since there release halo 4 and 5 all with lot off new mechanics there not going downgrade the game with a lot off classic mechanics only that there are a group off players not happy with it.
you have to deal with it mechanics there adding in the game and accept it and if you not wane accept it not buy it then if you not like the new mechanics.
And old mechanics shouldn't dictate new games.
I'll take "Things that make up a franchise for 500, Alex." "Old mechanics" dictating the design is par for the course in a series, so it tends to carry more weight the extraneous lore that the gameplay was never intended to replicate in the first place.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 104
  4. 105
  5. 106
  6. 107
  7. 108
  8. ...
  9. 155