Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

The return of classic movement mechanics?

OP A So So Sniper

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 154
  4. 155
  5. ...
  6. 156
I HAD TO EDIT THIS, HAD A FEW MESS UPS!

Well, as long as they have sprint I’m fine with it. I severely dislike just walking. I’m fine if when you normally move you walk but there needs to be a sprint button. And I’m not talking armor abilities like reach. That was just annoying. But at the same time. What if they include evade. Not as a armor ability, but in halo 5 L.S. ( left stick) you know how if you press down on it you sprint. What if they did that in halo infinite but if you double tap it you do the evade animation. So L.S. (Left stick) has 3 main commands, pushing it in any direction makes you move. Moving forward and then pressing down once enables sprint. While moving in the direction you chose with or without sprinting double tapping it will enable the evade command and you dodge incoming fire or want to make a swift exit from a fight or if your trying to get behind cover. They should also do crawling. The button (B) Doing 2. Commands Crouching, and if you press and hold it down for 2-3 seconds you fall and crawl. Pressing it down once puts you back to crouch. Pressing it down and holding it for 2-3 second puts you straight back up to standing. Also, if you are crawling and you move forward, if you press down L.S. (Left stick) to sprint while crawling it will immediately make you stand and sprint. Right trigger to shoot, left to aim. X for reload, getting in vehicles, and general needs. Y for weapon switching. A jumping and climbing. But double tapping A in the air will enable double jump. While sprinting if you double jump while sprinting you go further distances. The button on top of the left trigger throws grenades, and the button on top of the right trigger does melee attacks. Hitting the enemy’s back while holding down the button engages the assassination action. Holding X and down on the D PAD will do machinima animation. You should be able to do this in the campaign, multiplayer, forge, custom games, and pretty much every game you go into! I will be posting more about this in other forums in the future! Those are some of my ideas!
Being REALISTIC. It WILL have enhanced mobility. Along with -Yoink- Micro-transactions. There is NOTHING I want more than for Halo to go back to it's roots. But, it won't. The micro-transactions are already confirmed. And I believe the reason we haven't seen any game play yet, is because of the enhanced mobility. I really, REALLY hope I am wrong. But I don't think I am :'(
If the game has advanced movement, than MS and 343i thought it's the right direction to take the series and wouldn't hide it. Same goes for classic movement mechanics of course. The reason we haven't seen a gameplay for Hi yet is because it will be released together with Scarlet as a flag-ship title, so of course they're going to reveal it properly with the console. Nothing more, nothing less!
I guess we will wait and see. Classic art style doesn't mean classic gameplay. I hope it is back to classic, but...No.
My evolving thoughts on Infinite's potential game-play:

• IMO, Infinite must include the Clamber mechanic; though, the next iteration needs to be smoother than how it was implemented into Halo 5. It can't cause odd hit-detection issues.
  • While not my ideal personal choice, because I like the Sprint mechanic as it has been implemented into Halo 5, but *if* 343i opted to go without a Sprint mechanic for Infinite I do hope they consider substituting it with some sort of semi-short tuck-&-roll ground evasive maneuver.
  • To be honest, I didn't necessarily mind the nerf that was put to the Boost mechanic in Halo 5's Mythic Playlist. I can appreciate how the change greatly minimizes its effect when a player uses it as an evasive maneuver while grounded; thus, allowing it to primarily function as a key evasive maneuver when airborne or as a tool to reach particular locations/areas through the air. I could see this type of change to the boost pairing well with the ground roll ability which would offer the more pronounced evasive maneuver when grounded while boost grants it in the air.
  • Absent the Sprint mechanic I'd advocate for a quicker BMS and directional acceleration which would highlight strafing as a stronger component of the title's gun-play in comparison to Halo 5.
  • I also wouldn't mind seeing some air control added to Infinite; meaning, that when a player is airborne they can mildly alter or affect their general direction just by the directional tilt of the control stick. The integrated armor boosters give some authentic plausibility to this mechanic being implemented; however, when the Boost or Stabilize mechanics get used the minute air control would need to be temporarily nullified since the armor's boosters would be occupied by those particular mechanical tasks instead.
  • I'm a fan of the Stabilize mechanic, but the change I'd particularly like to see is that it be allowed to occur without having to ADS/Smart-Link.
  • I sure hope they maintain the ADS/Smart-Link design for all weapons - including the melee weapons - and I honestly don't want to see Duel Wielding return.
  • I think it's critically important to keep the jump mechanic depth that's made possible with the crouch mechanic such as the more advanced spring jumps & short hops.
  • I like Halo 5's current melee system and I wouldn't even mind the Spartan Charge mechanic returning (assuming the Sprint mechanic does) as long as its effectiveness is significantly reduced from the Halo 5 version. It'd need to have its effectiveness toned down and its risk level increased.
  • I'd like to see the Slide mechanic return even if the Sprint mechanic is absent. It'd have to be designed a little differently as it wouldn't be linked to the Sprint mechanic, but I could see it still working in a much more minimal way by being tied in variable fashion to BMS.
  • I'm hoping that Infinite continues to feature the Magnum + Assault Rifle (w/ similar designs to the H5 Mag & the post-tune H5AR) as the two primary starting weapons for the general arena while reserving the 3-round burst Battle Rifle + Assault Rifle for most Big Team modes. I'd like to see the new BR designed as kind of a cross-blend between the post-tune H5BR version and the pre-tune H5BR version.
  • I'd love to see a new UNSC 3-round burst Personal Defense Weapon (PDW) get introduced as a starting weapon option for HCS modes and perhaps some other particular modes. Basically, a weapon that's got somewhat similar Red-Reticle-Ranges as the Magnum, but features a 3-round burst that'd feature somewhat similar recoil to the Stabilization Jets H5BR. I feel this is the role that they tried to pigeon-hole the regular Recon H5BR into post-tune, but at the same time had to ensure it'd work for some other roles too which made it kind of a mess.
  • I'm not opposed to them having a pure projectile-based sandbox, but the weapons they'd normally treat as hitscan need to have high bullet velocities such that they function similar to hitscan. In other words, no slow traveling BR bullets like Halo 3.
  • I'd like to see the Ground Pound mechanic return, but it should be treated as an Armor Mod for particular environments like a new social Warzone environment & the Campaign. It shouldn't be included in the Arena environment and, in particular, the ranked environment.
  • A new take on the Warzone environment and the campaign is also the two environments were I wouldn't necessarily mind seeing things like the Jet Pack return as an Armor Mod with it getting tied it to the jump mechanic; plus, Deployable Equipment! Items such as the Bubble Shield, Energy Drain, Grav Lift, Hologram, Auto-Sentry, etc. Those items should be tied to the D-Pad such that they can be substituted for a grenade by using the grenade mechanic to then deploy them.
  • I also wouldn't mind seeing playable Elites return as long as they're restricted from the Arena environment. Keep them as a playable option within the new social Warzone environment.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 154
  4. 155
  5. ...
  6. 156