Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

The return of classic movement mechanics?

OP A So So Sniper

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 160
  4. 161
  5. 162
  6. ...
  7. 163
Spikanor wrote:
Spikanor wrote:
Has this thread gotten to the point where its too late to matter. The game is releasing this holiday. By this time in Halo 5 life cycle, we would have already finished the mp beta a month ago. This means the movement mechanics must have been decided long ago with the map design to go with them. I think development on the game has to be way past changing huge mechanics. Like if Sprint was not in it now, they won't be able to put it in and vice versa.
i agree with you.
the dissision that 343 has make about adding sprint or not has been make all and who knows it has been done all last year.
and there not gone chance it more.
and the most players on this thread have maybe forget that a lot off communety members like me wane see WARZONE come back.

and 343 has read all a lot off post's on the other thread about sprint what has been callt the main thread about sprint.
and it shows there all the communety is split about it about sprint.
and who knows there gone add the halo reach sprint mechanic in the halo game's that you sprint only for a few sec's and need to wait a few sec's after using sprint a cooldown more.
halo reach and halo 4 sprint has the problem of unfocused map design, as the maps have to be designed for not having sprint and having sprint at the same time (because of the recharge). as a custom game option sprint could remain as remnant code. this would be cool. But it creates more problems than it solves for the halo formula.
seeing how well the mythic arena settings worked in the halo 5 sandbox, disabling sprint and increasing the top bms is no problem. Halo 2 cut sprint only shortly before release and it worked fine.
then what is the problem if some playlist's like the mythic arena not have sprint and other playlist's like BTB can keep there sprint then its still not a problem for me.
if some playlist not have sprint and others have.

but what i told before all if you look at the anti sprint side you see that there are also diffrends between then.
like i told to Naqser on this thread all and on the other thread all.
that there are people in the anti sprint side that not any see any type off sprint in the halo game.

what you see in halo 5 now that some playlist not have sprint and others have and thats something i can accept and deal with.
and thats the only way to keep both side's happy on the main thing.
that there are still players that not agree with it is something there have to deal with and accept it since thats the only way to keep both side's happy and there is notting else.
for playlists its fine. But the developer made maps and campaign have to agree on a definitive gameplay style, so an optimized map design is possible. using the mythic arena design and mechanics as a middle ground would allow for both extra modern and extra classic playlists to exist without the maps being too unoptimized for both ( as a defined middle between the two is the optimization standard).
Spikanor wrote:
Spikanor wrote:
Spikanor wrote:
Has this thread gotten to the point where its too late to matter. The game is releasing this holiday. By this time in Halo 5 life cycle, we would have already finished the mp beta a month ago. This means the movement mechanics must have been decided long ago with the map design to go with them. I think development on the game has to be way past changing huge mechanics. Like if Sprint was not in it now, they won't be able to put it in and vice versa.
i agree with you.
the dissision that 343 has make about adding sprint or not has been make all and who knows it has been done all last year.
and the most players on this thread have maybe forget that a lot off communety members like me wane see WARZONE come back.

and 343 has read all a lot off post's on the other thread about sprint what has been callt the main thread about sprint.
and who knows there gone add the halo reach sprint mechanic in the halo game's that you sprint only for a few sec's and need to wait a few sec's after using sprint a cooldown more.
halo reach and halo 4 sprint has the problem of unfocused map design, as the maps have to be designed for not having sprint and having sprint at the same time (because of the recharge). as a custom game option sprint could remain as remnant code. this would be cool. But it creates more problems than it solves for the halo formula.
seeing how well the mythic arena settings worked in the halo 5 sandbox, disabling sprint and increasing the top bms is no problem. Halo 2 cut sprint only shortly before release and it worked fine.
then what is the problem if some playlist's like the mythic arena not have sprint and other playlist's like BTB can keep there sprint then its still not a problem for me.

but what i told before all if you look at the anti sprint side you see that there are also diffrends between then.
that there are people in the anti sprint side that not any see any type off sprint in the halo game.

what you see in halo 5 now that some playlist not have sprint and others have and thats something i can accept and deal with.
that there are still players that not agree with it is something there have to deal with and accept it since thats the only way to keep both side's happy and there is notting else.
343 must however decide for a definitive gameplay style to design the maps. i propose the hybrid mythic arena style. this is necessary, as a half comited design is usualy bad.
most players hate the one style you have in the old halo titels.
the walking and shooting only thats at some point for a lot not more fun to have.
if there add things like sprint or assanation in the game then you get more diffrend style's in the game and thats something more fun for a lot off players.
then you need to think more and use your brain more then it was before.
when you use sprint you need to time it good time it wrong and you are death.
same go's with ground pound in halo 5 if you time it wrong you are death.
time it right then you can make a kill with it or more kills with it.

who knows that halo Infinite become's the first shooter game that is more open world then a lazy menu to choose from.
that you can walk with your spartan on a ship and need to move to spots on the ship to start you campaing missions or matchmaking place.
a more like Jump Force that you can walk with your own char to place's where on 1 place you can buy armor parts like the halo reach system is a good thing.
who knows halo is the first that is doing it from all the shooters.

sprint most stay in the halo titels that it needs some chance's here and that sure.
that there most go back to halo reach sprint system is better then you cant sprint for ever like you have now but need to recharge also before using it again thats something there need to use in halo Infinite and in other halo titels that you need to use your brain good from when the timing is right to use sprint and you not wane waste it.
the problem with sprint is not that it is a necessarily bad mechanic, but it is a bad mechanic in halo. the added complexity of when to sprint and when not is overshadowed by the reduced omnidirectionality of fire fights, reduced importance of map control and map scale stretching. it can create a working game, but in its current form it harms the brand creating gameplay of halo. halo 5 is a good game, but not a good halo game ( new coke problem).
the slow gameplay of older halo titles is easily cured by increasing the movement speed.
In my opinion, this game has a really high chance of bringing back the classic gameplay so many old Halo fans have adored! I am so pumped for this!

EDIT: Wow, I didn't expect such diverse opinions on this subject. The Halo community really is split in half. I'm sorry you have to deal with us, 343 :/

EDIT: 1100 comments. What have I done?FINAL EDIT: I'm just going to stop counting at this point. The level of which this thread has grown is simply ridiculous.

POINTLESS EDIT: Hey, 117 likes. Good for me.
Would that mean no sprint and no asasinations???
Spikanor wrote:
Spikanor wrote:
Spikanor wrote:
i agree with you.

343 must however decide for a definitive gameplay style to design the maps. i propose the hybrid mythic arena style. this is necessary, as a half comited design is usualy bad.
the walking and shooting only thats at some point for a lot not more fun to have.
if there add things like sprint or assanation in the game then you get more diffrend style's in the game and thats something more fun for a lot off players.
same go's with ground pound in halo 5 if you time it wrong you are death.
time it right then you can make a kill with it or more kills with it.

who knows that halo Infinite become's the first shooter game that is more open world then a lazy menu to choose from.
that you can walk with your spartan on a ship and need to move to spots on the ship to start you campaing missions or matchmaking place.
a more like Jump Force that you can walk with your own char to place's where on 1 place you can buy armor parts like the halo reach system is a good thing.

sprint most stay in the halo titels that it needs some chance's here and that sure.
that there most go back to halo reach sprint system is better then you cant sprint for ever like you have now but need to recharge also before using it again thats something there need to use in halo Infinite and in other halo titels that you need to use your brain good from when the timing is right to use sprint and you not wane waste it.
the problem with sprint is not that it is a necessarily bad mechanic, but it is a bad mechanic in halo. the added complexity of when to sprint and when not is overshadowed by the reduced omnidirectionality of fire fights, reduced importance of map control and map scale stretching. it can create a working game, but in its current form it harms the brand creating gameplay of halo. halo 5 is a good game, but not a good halo game ( new coke problem).
the slow gameplay of older halo titles is easily cured by increasing the movement speed.
you call sprint a bad mechanic for halo.
but there are also people on this thread that have told and on the other tread from that there find sprint a good mechanic in the halo game's.
and thats something we all disagree on.
all is it cod or halo or battelfield its with all game's we all see diffrend things about the good things and bad things about it and what a other not wane see in that type game is something a other wane see in the game.
in the end from it you alway's lose players with problems like that.

its the same that people hate the JIP system that its not part off halo more.
but there are others that are happy to see there is a JIP system in the halo titels since that has fix the most hate problem in the halo series what we see in the matchmaking and you also know its a good system to fix the mass quiting problem there is in the halo series.
halo 3 got the problem and no developer has fix the problem for it, halo reach got the same type off problem and it was still not fix.
but in halo reach i have see that planty off time's in matchmaking lobby's that players range quit for the cray things.
that players care more about there win and loss stats and kill and death stats and quit the lobby faster or do not agree witht he map that has been choose with the most vote's.
i have see planty off time's back then that it was more a 5 vs 1 match more since 4 players from the same team have range quit about something.

back in the halo 4 day's all the dlc owners have ask 343 to fix there dlc system in the halo game's since most have pay for there dlc maps but playing on then is almost rare since 1 player all can mass it up if he not owns it.
it was more we pay for something and we cant play on it.
but then it was more a big disscusion from the dlc owners vs the non dlc owners and in the end nobody won since it was not fix.

and with a budget off 500 mill dollars there have for this game there is maybe a system coming we all not have think about it.
and who knows there have find out that you can turn off and turn on the sprint mechanic in the options settings for some reason.
who knows we see that and then we have both side's becoming happy that 343 has found a way to make both side's happy and not has to choose between one off the two who knows.
Spikanor wrote:
Spikanor wrote:
i agree with you.

for playlists its fine. But the developer made maps and campaign have to agree on a definitive gameplay style, so an optimized map design is possible. using the mythic arena design and mechanics as a middle ground would allow for both extra modern and extra classic playlists to exist without the maps being too unoptimized for both ( as a defined middle between the two is the optimization standard).
and what about the BRB playlist's since there use more the large maps?
and about a WARZONE map layout more who knows WARZONE is coming back and the layout for a game type like that is about 24 players on 1 big map larger then a BRB map.
I've been playing halo since the OG xbox but if sprint gone so am I. I can't go back to the slow movement of halo 3. If that's the case good bye halo I loved u so much
What about the slow movement of CE?
Yeah I dont want to play a slower halo. I loved CE but the multiplayer in H5 was better with sprint and it had the tightness of halo 2
I’d want sprint back would u?
Spikanor wrote:
look at this post then you remember i have suggest it all about separate playlist's and that some are not happy about it and most off then wane see compleet sprint gone.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/29568daf8cd14083bd1b70a810bf3581/topics/the-return-of-classic-movement-mechanics/dbb9e311-d2f8-48b5-9826-259bffe75cac/posts?page=116.
So?
I read that page, then one or two preceeding it, and one or two following it.
What stuck was you getting told, and asked, plenty of times, quite a few questions which you either never answered, or simply just side stepped. Both before that page, and after
You're here, yet again, suggesting a "no-spirint playlist", and then you link to a page where an explanation is provided to you why it won't work, why it hasn't worked before.

Spikanor wrote:
then most off the problems with sprint is fix by a lot off players since there are playlist's that have no sprint option.
and if people not wane see sprint in the campaign mode and the new mode that mabye also is comnig like a new warzone or firefight mode then there most not use the sprint option then.
Are you seriously suggesting that the solution for players who do not want sprint in any part of Infinite, should stick to hypothetical no-sprint playlists, and simply not sprint at all in the campaign and other modes where there's no specific no-sprint mode?
No, just no.

You've been told plenty of times why just having no-sprint playlists does not work.
And opting to not to sprint in a game designed with sprinting in mind, is just handicapping yourself.
Neither a new suggestion, a good one, or one that hasn't gone unanswered. I wouldn't be surprised if it has come up atleast ten times in this thread alone.

Spikanor wrote:
the only way that the 2 side's come closer is something like this that in matchmaking some playlist's have no sprint fuction and other playlist's have.
or like i have suggest last year all on this thread a separate playlist for sprint and non sprint playlist's.
that you get 2 diffrend type BTB playlist's one 1 with sprint and other without sprint thats also a option still.
And as was explained to you way back, in the same page you linked to just earlier.
Stripping features out makes the stripped playlist a watered down version, where some instances of the tools we use ingame are designed and balanced around having and using the abilities we now can't use.

Furthermore, that's not getting two sides closer to each other, that's putting them in two separate corners.

Spikanor wrote:
yea
Excellent, remove sprint, clamber, ground pound, whatever.
Then you accept it, and deal with it.

Spikanor wrote:
you know also that old forumale's not gone work at some point more in the further any more and that you need to chance it and upgrade it sometime's good for new people to accept it.
This too was covered in the page, or close to the page, you linked to.
Very very few I've seen over 10+ years, have actually called for a new Halo to be a carbon copy of an older one.
People who oppose sprint, are not opposed to all change. There have been plenty of suggestions, by people who aren't fond of sprint, which in some way would change Halo.
Suggestions and ideas that would take Halo on a different path than it currently is on regarding mechanics and gameplay experience.

Spikanor wrote:
do you think all company's in the world keep working with there old formule's then you got it wrong.
car company's need to chance there businesses almost each year with there formule.
do you think the car company's are staying with there formule to build more new cars on gas or gasoline since that is there formule.
Ah yes, apt comparison.
A large mechanical entity used for transportation which requires some sort of fuel, out of which the now most used, is unfortunately actually limited in supply, and is said to contribute to climate change, against a digital entertainment product.

Spikanor wrote:
no there do not since there also seeing that its bad for busines more and there need to chance there formule to keep building cars or there company is gone.
its the same with game company's.
Yes I'm sure that I'm sure game companies have to get in line with their products when it comes to things like climate change, and cost of use as well as service costs for the consumer.

Spikanor wrote:
the only diffrend is that game company's can keep there inter core off the formule of the game save.
No load function?
Pretty sure there are things which aren't going away from cars anytime soon either.

Spikanor wrote:
and what is the inter core formule off halo.
thats first off all a good Campaign story and that it continues to follow it the previous story from the game before.
thats the same what halo has done.
So, Halo 5 isn't a Halo game?
It's generally not regarded to have a good campaign story.
There's quite some time between Halo 4 and Halo 5, and quite a few things established in the Halo 4 story are not mentioned or adressed in Halo 5.

Spikanor wrote:
the end off halo 2 story is that start off halo 3 story.
But Halo 2 doesn't pick up on the story after Halo CE, there's an entire book between Halo CE and Halo 2.
And between Halo 2 and Halo 3, there's Halo: Uprising.
So neither of these can then be "Halo" games.
inb4: subjective.

Spikanor wrote:
the end off halo 3 story is the start off halo 4 story.
the end off halo reach story is the start off the main halo series.
So, Halo CE and Halo 4 are according to these, core Halo games, because they start off where their prequel ended.
Not sure where to categorise Reach as some claim it has a good story, but there are debates on lore-canon regarding the PoA.

Spikanor wrote:
and who knows we get at some point that there make a halo campaign story from the events between halo 4 end story and halo 5 first story like there have done with reach.
So up untill that point, Halo 5 isn't a core-Halo game.

Spikanor wrote:
and what most people on this thread maybe forget also is that the kids that have play halo 3 or halo 1 are adults now.
there have maybe no time more to play game's more since there are working and having a familie there putting on the first place.
and have stop playing game's.
Here's what you're telling me.
If I were to buy the Crash Bandicoot and Spyro remaster bundle, and hand the controller to my 5 year old son. He would look at me shocked, because Crash and Spyro are such old games, that the mechanics are extremely basic and archaic, that he'd pass out from boredom if he played any of them.
I, as a father, who's been into gaming, would not allow my kids to play games, or I would not play with them if they were allowed to play.

Age has nothing to do with which hobbies you partake in.

But you're very welcome to try and explain why these "new younger" gamers would put down a good game, if some specific mechanic like sprint, or ADS, wasn't included in the mechanics. Like there'd be a bucketlist of features / mechanics that need to be in a game in order for them to buy it.
Spikanor wrote:
and what about the BRB playlist's since there use more the large maps?
and about a WARZONE map layout more who knows WARZONE is coming back and the layout for a game type like that is about 24 players on 1 big map larger then a BRB map.
Utilising specific map traversal entities on the map;
-Vehicles (Which BTB does quite frequently feature)
-Man cannons
-Teleporters

Or how about thinking of new ones?

-Conveyour belts ( Dates back to Halo 2 )
-Portals like those you see in the Portal games, but stationary of course.
-Elevators ( Dates back to Halo 2 again )
-Perhaps some arm which can grab you and pull you along a specific route

Spikanor wrote:
One style? As opposed to how many styles in Halo 5?
And source on that claim? Can you back it up with some statistics?

Spikanor wrote:
What exactly is different now? You sprint, stop and shoot, sprint stop shoot.

Spikanor wrote:
Sprint is merely a small forward boost in speed at the expense of offensive capabilities, turning rate and shield recharge. Hardly some revolutionary mechanic which introduce a multitude of new "styles" to ones gameplay.
Assassinations are cinematic takedowns, they take far longer than just a basic hit to the back, neither do they add some new style.

Spikanor wrote:
There's not much more to sprint than using it when you deem it safe, and that becomes second nature quite quickly.

Spikanor wrote:
Destiny, Borderlands, Red Dead Redemption, GTA, Fallout, Skyrim, Newer Assassin's Creed games, Farcry.
A few games that come to mind regarding open world things.
Essentially you want to replace the menu with an ingame lobby where you have to trodge between different locations on a smaller map every time you want to do a specific activity.

Maybe you want to change your armor, then you'd need to take a 5 second hike to the armory.
Hmm, I need to check my options, that's another 4 seconds of treking to another console.
Maybe I want to play some campaign, 6 seconds of strolling to the cockpit.
Wait, I got a message, better hurry to the message board 3 seconds away.
Sweet, it's a party invite, gotta accept it and then run over to the simulation chamber, 7 seconds that way.

Yes sure, when I want to play a game, I want to spend time "playing the menu", rather than quickly navigating a simple text based menu, quickly accesing what I want and need so I can get going with what I'm there for.

Spikanor wrote:
all is it cod or halo or battelfield its with all game's we all see diffrend things about the good things and bad things about it and what a other not wane see in that type game is something a other wane see in the game.
You haven't really been paying attention if the only thing regarding "no-sprint" has been that implementing it into Halo would make Halo "Too much CoD / BF", has stuck with you. There have been plenty of gameplay-only arguments as to why not to keep sprint.

Spikanor wrote:
in the end from it you alway's lose players with problems like that.
Problems like that? You mean problems like making your own game's gameplay experience too similar to another popular game's?
Like many of the WoW competitiors, being too much like WoW. Why would WoW players flock to a new "WoW" game, with less content? When they already have WoW.
How did the modern Halo 4 do? Or Duke Nukem Forever?

Spikanor wrote:
its the same that people hate the JIP system that its not part off halo more.
Nope, JiP was disliked because in the majority of games you joined which were ongoing, you lost.

Spikanor wrote:
but there are others that are happy to see there is a JIP system in the halo titels since that has fix the most hate problem in the halo series what we see in the matchmaking and you also know its a good system to fix the mass quiting problem there is in the halo series.
JiP kind of made it easier for players to quit as they could fall back on the excuse that someone else would join their place.
I do not remember there being less frequent quitting in Halo 4 than there was in any other Halo game.

Spikanor wrote:
that players care more about there win and loss stats and kill and death stats and quit the lobby faster or do not agree witht he map that has been choose with the most vote's.
Accept and deal with it?
And how does JiP even come close to fixing that?
Any of those players could easily quit out of any match they join which is in progress, that they had no saying in what map or gametype it is.

Spikanor wrote:
i have see planty off time's back then that it was more a 5 vs 1 match more since 4 players from the same team have range quit about something.
As far as I can remember, Halo 5 had a system implemented where the rest of the team was allowed to quit with no penalites imposed after the first player quit.
Forfeit options have also been discussed.

Spikanor wrote:
back in the halo 4 day's all the dlc owners have ask 343 to fix there dlc system in the halo game's since most have pay for there dlc maps but playing on then is almost rare since 1 player all can mass it up if he not owns it.
it was more we pay for something and we cant play on it.
but then it was more a big disscusion from the dlc owners vs the non dlc owners and in the end nobody won since it was not fix.
Are you seriously trying to justify Halo 5's microtransaction lootboxes?
Make your voices heard outside the forums. Every little bit counts.

https://twitter.com/a1_staticxii/status/1225695098916069376?s=21

to reference josh holmes "remember https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selection_bias".
For each poll in favor of sprint there is at least one against it...

to reference josh holmes "remember https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selection_bias".
For each poll in favor of sprint there is at least one against it...
I just put it here so people here can vote. That's why I said every little bit helps. I'm not trying to process point
Can't wait until they finally work up the courage to release gameplay, and we see sprint. Who really thinks we'll see no sprint and just base movement speed increased? I wish they had fooled around with Halo 3's design and built from there. There's a playground of possibilities within equipment and that doesn't fundamentally change Halo.

Here's what I would love:

No sprint or AA's on spawn. As map pickups you could make them work.
No loadouts. Players should start matches on completely equal footing and gain their advantage through gameplay within each match.
Increased movement speed. Doesn't have to be Quake-fast, but enough to feel fresh.
Gun always out. Nothing that takes away or interrupts our ability to shoot while moving around the map.

Throw that formula in with new maps and maybe a few new creative gamemodes on top of the classic ones and you've got a winner.
The movement mechanic discussion is such an interesting one and it seems anything could happen now. I find Halo 5 multiplayer really fun in a way that is different from say Halo 3 but not bad. In fact the worst aspect of Halo 5 multiplayer for me was the visuals. I imagine Halo 5 gameplay with the Halo 3 art style (or the Gen 3 armour from the e3 clip) and it would make the gameplay automatically more appealing for me. And I don't mean just art style. I also mean no glowing spartan shading and odd lighting and more dev made maps. H5 forge is quite amazing but most levels look sort of lego and plastic compared to the gorgeous sandtraps and valhallas and whatnot. Wasn't H4 more classic than 5 but 5 is funner to me by a mile.

But obviously the H5 gameplay is quite different. And I prefer the pace of older Halo games. (I've seen it argued H5 is slower paced than the older games? but never felt it that way)

Another thing (and this might just been a thing only I feel) is that H5 gameplay seems to, in some of the dev made maps, cause level architecture, especially in human environments, to be quite bizarre looking. Just like big weird objects and shapes put there for the sake of clambering over that make it hard to imagine humans walking around in these locations. Whereas with classic movement the levels could look more build for purpose.
I've seen it argued H5 is slower paced than the older games? but never felt it that way
In Halo 5, you are probably performing more actions per minute, because of constatly having to use Spartan Abilities and whatnot. However, people often mean pace as the rate at which the game progresses, which in Halo 5 isn't demonstrably faster than in classic games. It comes down to what you mean by pace.

Another thing (and this might just been a thing only I feel) is that H5 gameplay seems to, in some of the dev made maps, cause level architecture, especially in human environments, to be quite bizarre looking. Just like big weird objects and shapes put there for the sake of clambering over that make it hard to imagine humans walking around in these locations. Whereas with classic movement the levels could look more build for purpose.
This is an interesting observation. I'm not sure which comes first, 343i's architecture or Spartan Abilities, but it's certainly true that having such a generous array of movement mechanics will significantly constrain the level design, and hence the architecture. But I find it hard to believe that this wouldn't be completely avoidable with more creative level design.
I dont agree with this I still really like the halo 5 controls.
baaask wrote:
Can't wait until they finally work up the courage to release gameplay, and we see sprint. Who really thinks we'll see no sprint and just base movement speed increased? I wish they had fooled around with Halo 3's design and built from there. There's a playground of possibilities within equipment and that doesn't fundamentally change Halo.

No loadouts. Players should start matches on completely equal footing and gain their advantage through gameplay within each match.
Increased movement speed. Doesn't have to be Quake-fast, but enough to feel fresh.
Gun always out. Nothing that takes away or interrupts our ability to shoot while moving around the map.

Throw that formula in with new maps and maybe a few new creative gamemodes on top of the classic ones and you've got a winner.
343i is fully aware (at least I would hope) of how contentious these enhanced movement mechanics have been in the Halo community. That's the only reason I could assume that we still haven't seen one second of gameplay despite Infinite launching later this year. I'm honestly shocked there hasn't been some leak by now. I'm sure 343i doesn't want a repeat of what happened with Halo 5 so its facility security has probably increased greatly (no cell phones, etc)

By this point in time (February before launch), the Halo 5 beta was complete but we still don't even know when the Infinite beta testing is going to start. It makes me a bit nervous frankly that 343i has been THIS secretive about everything. I mean...come on...the game was announced nearly 2 years ago and we still know literally nothing other than that "it is focused on Master Chief and there is a new pilot character".

As for your gameplay suggestions, this is what I expect:
No loadouts
Slightly increased base movement speed and increased jump height
Sprint and thrusters will remain in the game
Spartan charge, mantle and ground pound are removed
I'd love for sprint to be a map pickup instead but I highly doubt that will happen
baaask wrote:

343i is fully aware (at least I would hope) of how contentious these enhanced movement mechanics have been in the Halo community. That's the only reason I could assume that we still haven't seen one second of gameplay despite Infinite launching later this year. I'm honestly shocked there hasn't been some leak by now. I'm sure 343i doesn't want a repeat of what happened with Halo 5 so its facility security has probably increased greatly (no cell phones, etc)
By this point in time (February before launch), the Halo 5 beta was complete but we still don't even know when the Infinite beta testing is going to start. It makes me a bit nervous frankly that 343i has been THIS secretive about everything. I mean...come on...the game was announced nearly 2 years ago and we still know literally nothing other than that "it is focused on Master Chief and there is a new pilot character".

As for your gameplay suggestions, this is what I expect:
No loadouts
Slightly increased base movement speed and increased jump height
Spartan charge, mantle and ground pound are removed
I'd love for sprint to be a map pickup instead but I highly doubt that will happen
I think the reason 343i has been so quite about the game is because it is linked with series x. I don't think they can show any gameplay until the series x is fully revealed.

We know for sure there will be flights before launch. So here is what I think. Last E3 there was an article put up on waypoint talk about the trailer that was showed and at the end said E3 2020 will be a big year. I think that was a place holder though. Most likely the full Xbox series x reveal will be before E3. So going into E3, we will know everything the series x can do. This means E3 will be all about the games that will make us want a series x. I think we will get a flight for Halo infinite after the Xbox series x reveal which should be before E3. E3 will give us a look at the campaign.

This may not be true but it makes since to me
increased base movement speed and increased jump height
Absolutely.
Absolutely not.

I just can't fathom why anyone would want a feature that takes abilities away from the player like Sprint and Smart-Scope do.
Sprint = Not allowing the player to shoot or strafe while moving at full speed
Smart-Scope = Not allowing the player to continue moving at the same speed while zoomed in
Smart-Scope = Not allowing the player to continue moving at the same speed while zoomed in
This is not true in Halo 5. The ADS speed is the exact same as the base movement speed.
tsassi wrote:
This is not true in Halo 5. The ADS speed is the exact same as the base movement speed.
How about turning speed?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 160
  4. 161
  5. 162
  6. ...
  7. 163