Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

The return of classic movement mechanics?

OP A So So Sniper

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 74
Hope so!! I’m so freaking sick of spartan abilities
Could not agree more. I am really hoping they improved the gameplay as much as they have the art style this time around. And to me, that means dropping most of if not all spartan abilities. Especially sprint, I truly hate what sprinting has done to the gameplay.
In my opinion, this game has a really high chance of bringing back the classic gameplay so many old Halo fans have adored! I am so pumped for this!
please not... if that's the case then I'll skip this one.
Hope so!! I’m so freaking sick of spartan abilities
Could not agree more. I am really hoping they improved the gameplay as much as they have the art style this time around. And to me, that means dropping most of if not all spartan abilities. Especially sprint, I truly hate what sprinting has done to the gameplay.
Absolutely right. The only reason they added spartan abilities in the first place was to continue the enhanced mobility trend that games used to follow. Halo needs to be unique again and by bringing back classic gameplay it’ll be unique again
I've been playing halo since the OG xbox but if sprint gone so am I. I can't go back to the slow movement of halo 3. If that's the case good bye halo I loved u so much
What about the slow movement of CE?
same thing. Being a superhuman soldier with an advanced suit and NOT having the ability to run?? Sorry but no thx.
the oldest of Halo fans have adored! I am so pumped for this!
I think the first part of this statement is biased based on the second part. There are plenty of older Halo fans that like the new mechanics.
Yep, I'm one of them. Even during the MCC Flight #2, I found myself trying (failing) and then wishing that I could sprint. Removing those mechanics (sprint, clamber, and especially the thrusters; those are super useful) would be a step backwards, I think.
I think it should be classic but keep the sprinting and clamber lol.
Seriously, I feel like the majority doesn't even know what slow or fast gameplay is.
Just because you can not run across the map like a headless chicken, it is not "slow" paced. Well placed Teleporters and Man Cannons will help the players to travel around the map faster. And then there is the sandbox, the TTK for the weapons, the size of the maps. All this is way more important for the pace of the game.

Sprint works fine for a lot of FPS Shooters, but not Halo. If you've got the right balance for the points I've mentioned, you will have smooth, tactical and fun gameplay.
Wow, these comments are much more diverse than I had predicted. The community really IS split in half on this subject. 343, I'm sorry you have to deal with such a fanbase :/
Sprint ruined halo.

We shouldn't sacrifice gameplay and map design because you want to "feel like a super soldier". Keep that unbalanced nonsense in campaign, and return halo multiplayer to its classic roots.
As in we all have to walk around really slowly and such?
Nope

Ever played quake or doom?
I've been playing halo since the OG xbox but if sprint gone so am I. I can't go back to the slow movement of halo 3. If that's the case good bye halo I loved u so much
This doesnt make any sense. Why would you think the speed of halo 3 movement is the only possible speed?

This is like looking at a snail and going well I guess every single creature on earth must be this slow.

There is no limit to what the speed can be. Sprint is the speed limiting mechanic because you HAVE to move slower in order to shoot or move in any direction except forwards.
I think keeping trust and having the game be a bit faster paced than the classics would be nice. I have more questions after seeing this and I am excited for what is to come!
There is no limit to what the speed can be. Sprint is the speed limiting mechanic because you HAVE to move slower in order to shoot or move in any direction except forwards.
See, and that makes sense to us. Moving "slower" to fight and fire, and sprinting for mobility and getting to a place quicker. The point of sprinting isn't to zip around the map firing wildly like it's DOOM.
Hopefully it goes back to old mechanics. It's obvious way more people want old mechanics than the new one's.
See, and that makes sense to us. Moving "slower" to fight and fire, and sprinting for mobility and getting to a place quicker. The point of sprinting isn't to zip around the map firing wildly like it's DOOM.
Go play arma then. Halo is supposed to be a run and gun arcade style shooter not a tactical shooter.

The population has bottomed out since they changed to this odd quasi tactical COD in space gameplay. They tried it twice. It failed twice. Time to move on.
Honestly, as long as they keep the thruster and maintain same fast-pace gameplay Halo 5 had, I don't mind if they keep/remove sprint. I still think it should stay an option for custom games though, just 'cause.
Go play arma then. Halo is supposed to be a run and gun arcade style shooter not a tactical shooter.
I'd rather play Halo. A franchise which has been so many things that it's ridiculous and limiting to say that it's "supposed to be" anything.

Quote:
The population has bottomed out since they changed to this odd quasi tactical COD in space gameplay. They tried it twice. It failed twice. Time to move on.
Twice? I think you forgot Reach. Neither has it "failed" twice, as the population has done nothing near "bottoming out." Stop over-dramatizing things just because you want to stick to the past. It's still there to play, and is even quite accessable (soon more so) on the Master Chief Collection. You know, while we're throwing out the dismissive "go play [insert game here]" line.
I just hope they don't try to compromise and make a game for everyone. Pick one: Classic Halo or Enhanced mobility. Trying to make the game for everyone will mean it's a game for nobody. Personally I hope they go classic but that's just my preference.
The forums stem from people who've been playing the newer games, hence the dislike for the revival of Halo - I think with plenty of thought, this reboot/sequel will be the best Halo we've had in years.
Yes please I really hope they will go back to that. It’s time to go back to its roots.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 74